3rd Commit: QB Jacob Rudoch?

Well Jon, I guess I'm just not too excited about a qb that had no offers from his in state schools and is another string bean. I know with the offense Iowa runs that getting a 4 or 5 star qb is out of the question but I just feel that we are selling our program short at this position with this recruiting class. I know Stanzi was skinny when he came in but you could tell he was going to get big with his frame. I don't see that with Rudoch from the pictures and videos I have seen.
I hope I am completely wrong and this kid turns out to be amazing but at this very early point i'm just not doing cart wheels over it.

Well Jon, I guess I'm just not too excited about a qb that had no offers from his in state schools and is another string bean. I know with the offense Iowa runs that getting a 4 or 5 star qb is out of the question but I just feel that we are selling our program short at this position with this recruiting class. I know Stanzi was skinny when he came in but you could tell he was going to get big with his frame. I don't see that with Rudoch from the pictures and videos I have seen.
I hope I am completely wrong and this kid turns out to be amazing but at this very early point i'm just not doing cart wheels over it.

sigh

A 6-3 190 lb high school junior isn't exactly a string bean. Reminds alot more of Vandenberg than Stanzi.

Star, stars, stars. I am pretty sure the staff knows what they are doing. You think they make offers to kids who they don't think will help the team?

I'm not sure what sites you are looking at that have him listed as 6'3" but I have seen a couple that have him as 6'1" to 6'2" and between 175-185. Like I said. I hope i'm completely wrong here with him. I will eat crow anyday when it comes to things like this. I'm just stating my opinion at this minute with this player.

Perfect example of the preconcieved notions we humans come up with. IMO it falls right in line with the habit of many coaches to pigeon hole kids at a very early age. Its no wonder that such a large % of kids with real skills give up and do other things.

Like I said, it's only my opinion. I didn't say you had to agree with me. I do understand and agree with everyone else's posts as well.

He comes from one of the nation's premier high schools, put up 34 TD's to 5 INT's, had offers/was being recruited by some pretty top notch schools. I'm know enough to be a fan!

Deputy,

I dont want you to take too much heat for this, because its the mindset that I reacted to more than anything.

The kid is going to be a Hawkeye, he had several offers including from some of our chief rivals, this staff has proven their talent evaluation ability over and over and over, and there is a mindset like 'Damnit! We're Iowa! We don't settle for these kings of players.!"

Quite frankly, I am sick of it (that attitude) and its one of the reasons I was so soured on the recruiting stuff.

Very good arm...great program. If he is the 3rd commit, my favorite part is that we are continuing to own Bielema and Wisconsin in recruiting. It is not even close this year and last year we got a kid out of Wisconsin that they offered...Brett Blowhard's recruiting prowess must be over-rated, along with his coaching abilities. Well, more time for him to eat.