3 Loss ISU to New Year's Six

you are a moron. How in the hell does any computer rating have any semblance of validity when the BIG only played games against each other? And the Big 12 was 0-3 against the Sunbelt. Oklahoma had their worst team in 20 years and still won the league. The Big 12 was a joke..
Geez, dude.

This is a point that is missed a lot. You have to play winning teams and you have to beat some of them. We played one team w a winning record this season and lost to them. If we win the bowl game Mizzou is 5-6 another losing team on the schedule. Not our fault, I get that, but people around the nation don’t want to hear our explanations. I would love to see the Hawks up their game and play in one of those neutral site games September 1. We had the opportunity in the Rose Bowl and that blew up. Want a national brand? We have to go out and play top teams in big games. Keep the same schedule and we will keep getting what we get.
This will never happen with Kirk Ferentz coaching at the u of iowa. Take that to the bank. He has zero interest in seeing the boogeyman in September especially. And the clowns being in a ny6 game is a total joke. No question. But thinking somehow Iowa should have gotten in? Get a clue. We have to beat someone and Kirk simply will never do that out of conference. Ever. He just doesn’t get a lot of things

This will never happen with Kirk Ferentz coaching at the u of iowa. Take that to the bank. He has zero interest in seeing the boogeyman in September especially. And the clowns being in a ny6 game is a total joke. No question. But thinking somehow Iowa should have gotten in? Get a clue. We have to beat someone and Kirk simply will never do that out of conference. Ever. He just doesn’t get a lot of things
Maybe you should compare Iowa's non-conference opponents with other top football schools. Alabama will usually play one non-league opponent with a pulse. The other 3 are ALWAYS directional schools and patsies.From 2016-2019, Alabama played Western Kentucky, Kent State,Tenn/Chat., Fresno State, Colorado State, Mercer, Ark. State, Louisianna Layfayette, the Citadel, Duke, New Mex. State So. Miss. and Western Carolina.
Iowa always has to play ISU. It is not Iowa's fault that they usually suck. Iowa often times plays another power 5 school in addition to usually a MAC school. The realty is Iowa schedules pretty similar to most Power 5 schools.

Iowa often times plays another power 5 school in addition to usually a MAC school.

False. This was true before the B1G went to the 9 game schedule. However, with the 3 game non-con schedule, Iowa has not played a P5 school other than IS-Moo OOC bince 2015 and the schedules through 2025 do not contain any other P5 teams.

And my point is how is that different than Alabama? They play one Power 5 team almost every year. If Iowa could dump ISU, they could replace with someone decent...

And my point is how is that different than Alabama? They play one Power 5 team almost every year. If Iowa could dump ISU, they could replace with someone decent...
I think the ISU game is stupid, but it’s never going away. It’s one of the biggest moneymakers on the schedule.

It's different from Alabama because Iowa State is one of the 10 worst P5 programs in the history of college football and is now the only moderately decent OOC game Iowa ever plays (as the days of playing ASU, Arizona, Pitt, etc. are gone). Bama tries to schedule one actual blueblood power team every year, but with the schedules being done years in advance, it is hard to guess who will be good. For instance, they scheduled Florida State and Louisville when they were good and then they sucked by the time the game came around. They were supposed to play USC this year but it was canceled. They're scheduling the best team they can for their top OOC game, but a lot of teams are scared to play them because they don't want to get eliminated from the playoff hunt week 1 or week 2.

I think the ISU game is stupid, but it’s never going away. It’s one of the biggest moneymakers on the schedule.

It's just a moneymaker for Iowa State because they gouge people on the ticket. Iowa doing a home and home with someone with a massive stadium like Tennessee would make more money. Iowa could also make more money if they replaced the IS-Moo game with something like the Chick Fil A game in Atlanta and played someone like Georgia or Auburn. The athletic department would never want to do something like that, though, because Iowa is usually pretty bad in September. And Iowa would get obliterated if they scheduled a home and home with an upper tier SEC team and had to play in a 98 degree swamp. I'm still having nightmares from that trip to Arizona State.

It's just a moneymaker for Iowa State because they gouge people on the ticket. Iowa doing a home and home with someone with a massive stadium like Tennessee would make more money. Iowa could also make more money if they replaced the IS-Moo game with something like the Chick Fil A game in Atlanta and played someone like Georgia or Auburn. The athletic department would never want to do something like that, though, because Iowa is usually pretty bad in September. And Iowa would get obliterated if they scheduled a home and home with an upper tier SEC team and had to play in a 98 degree swamp. I'm still having nightmares from that trip to Arizona State.

I think the amount of money the game makes the university versus what another team would make the university is pretty negligible actually since they don't get anything for the off years. It would make a lot more sense to schedule 3 buy games for either university, or try to get a 2 for 1 with a smaller school.

Maybe you should compare Iowa's non-conference opponents with other top football schools. Alabama will usually play one non-league opponent with a pulse. The other 3 are ALWAYS directional schools and patsies.From 2016-2019, Alabama played Western Kentucky, Kent State,Tenn/Chat., Fresno State, Colorado State, Mercer, Ark. State, Louisianna Layfayette, the Citadel, Duke, New Mex. State So. Miss. and Western Carolina.
Iowa always has to play ISU. It is not Iowa's fault that they usually suck. Iowa often times plays another power 5 school in addition to usually a MAC school. The realty is Iowa schedules pretty similar to most Power 5 schools.
He cowers in his bunker for months at a time, then emerges, rubs his eyes, and types the same two posts. One rips Kirk for boring offense and weak non-cons and the other rips Fran for......everything.

Dash his narratives with facts and you will really rile him up. When I posted that Kirk's teams have averaged more points per game than Hayden's (which is still true) I thought he was going to strangle me. He then proceeded to, or seemed to, make the argument that Hayden's points counted for more because he was more sexy at how he scored them, or something.

Latest posts