2nd year Georgia in championship game

A couple of things. If you are omitting his first 3 seasons, KF has won between 7-9 games 8x, not 9x. And he has won below 7 games 3x, not 2x. I know 2012 was a trainwreck. You forgetting that one?

Look you stated matter-of-factly that KF is good for 7- 9 wins per year. Um, No. As someone else pointed out he is good for 7 - 8 wins per year. Since his successful three-year run ending in 2004, KF has averaged 7.76 wins per year and averaged 5.07 losses. That is 13 years of MEDIOCRITY. Throw out the two outliers, 2012 and 2015, he still averages 7.72 wins vs. 5.1 losses. Again he has only reached the 9-win plateau 3x since 2004. For comparison, Wisconsin, with three different coaches, has reached that plateau ELEVEN times. Think about that for a moment. 11 out of 13 years. KF, 3 out 13.

Since being awarded his first lifetime contract in 2010, after winning a meaningless Orange Bowl (our presence there instead of a possible B1G title and Rose Bowl due to his coaching scared at the end of the Ohio St game) KF has only reached 9 wins ONCE. His overall record is 62-42. That is 7.75 wins vs 5.25 losses.

His performance as a coach has been mediocre at best these past 13 seasons. These days most coaches are gone after 3-5 years of this MEDIOCRITY, but our coach is going on 14 years of it now. And there is a disparity between his success as a coach and his compensation.

Do you believe KF is deserving of the 10th highest total compensation this year? Pretty sure that's the case if you read my post in another thread. It is naive to think his salary happens in a vacuum, just like Barta's $6 million dollar settlement. Similarily, it would be naive to believe the generosity of these lifetime contracts don't lead to some degree of complacency.

Do you believe he is putting the program ahead of his own selfish interests? Do you believe he should be allowed to select his successor? If so why? His mediocre winning percentage? Do you believe Nepotism is healthy for any organization?

Let me ask you this, at this point do you think he is more likely to win 12 games in one season like 2015, or lose 8 like in 2012?

I know, it's irrelevant, because he is good for 7 - 8 wins per year. And the 'Saint goes marching on.'

I didn't read his idiotic post. Sounds like some serious cherry-picking on what counts as "KF's record". lol
The apologists would've whistled a happy tune as they herded people into Treblinka. That subset of the fanbase should make any normal person feel icky.

Just this year Peter King called him one of the best coaches is all of college football. He was mentioned THIS YEAR as a possible NY Giants coach and that the league will always view him as a good head coach candidate. Not your opinion, sure, but you don't run a professional football team. I'd say their opinion of KF is less biased than yours or mine. I like him as a coach for our program. He has done us proud. He has done no worse than Fry and that is fact. An argument dismissing KF as a good coach for Iowa is diminishing a top 25 all time program as relevant at all then, as he is the all time winningest coach of said program. Otherwise the argument is that iowa all time sucks? All time? I'll still root for this terrible football program. Sounds like I should sell out and worship Wisconsin though. Good for them. Really. They probably would laugh at Hayden Fry. What did he do in comparison to their last 13 years? What a TERRIBLE coach, Oh, and historically they DO rank above Iowa. Are you mad at the other 23 teams above us historically out of 120?+ ?programs?

Are you referring to Peter King of SI - the sportswriter who has never played or coached? Hell - you posting in this forum makes you a sportswriter.

Maybe the problem is that the term best is a rather loose one. Yes - KF is very good at developing talent and running a mostly clean program.

However, his on field results of averaging slightly less than 8 wins just screams barely above average. I'm merely suggesting that fans who think he walks on water, as a coach and looking at his W-L record, don't have any basis in reality to think so. At the end of the day fans show up to see a W.

Since you have not addressed it apparently there is no evidence that the KF-to-NFL rumors have been nothing more than just that.

Im not sure what you were doing in the early-mid 2000's but i was hoping every Ferentz to the NFL rumor was not true. KF was mentioned for just about every NFL job, and that if he wanted to go to the NFL he could have based on his connections with Gm's.

I was sort of at the same place you were. Except the problems never really left my mind. If someone had dangled big bucks out would he have gone? Who knows if they did but KF likely ruined his own chances eventually.

I really dont like what I call Ferentzing. Its a good choice if you really cant compete head up. This year I believe Iowa didnt need to do that to PSU. I think it hurt. When straight up KF works its fun to watch. I believe Iowa left 2 games on the table this year....maybe more. Win 10 games and we are Wisconsin.

Nailed it.
There are some additional things, but the gist of it is, KF "earned" the HC position with the help of an incompetent AD . . . and his son will just flat out be awarded the HC position because of a different incompetent AD. The HC position is a big deal at any P5 school. Especially a P5 school which is the defacto pro franchise in its state. Also the Saint Ferentz thing has gotten out of hand. Bill Gates has given away more money in real terms and as a percentage of his wealth than KF. And if you think that makes Gates a saint you are nuts.
If one thinks KF is a saint and that is the main reason to like KF, they've mistaken the Iowa football venue for the Vatican.

Oh yeah. One coaching hire and we're Alabama.

You're drunk. Log off for the night.

of course not. but one coaching hire and we could become a dominant force in the B1G West. Who knows if we will ever make the Playoff. I do know this, if we don't win the B1G West, first, we have zero chance for a miracle season. Agreed? It's been 13 years since we won the B1G. That's way to long for the money we spend on our coach and facilities. The 12-2 season was wonderful and shows that magical, miracle seasons are possible at Iowa, IF, you win the West first. We've won the West exactly 1 time. That just isn't enough to give us the opportunity.

Oh, and score more points on offense, please. The national pundits accept or don't accept you as relevant based on how much your offense scores. Like it or not, that's the reality.

Barry Alvarez said it best in an interview on BTN in November. When asked about how he was able to build Wisconsin .....

This is who Iowa is... a top 25 program that plays tough, physical football.

I'd like to believe that, and in a way I do

Except....its not who Iowa is.

Iowa has been unranked more often than not.

ALL-TIME sales job to recruit blue chip athletes to Iowa City. ALL-TIME. Great idea here if we weren't Iowa. And before any other moron says Im part of the problem at least Im realistic and have a damn brain in my head. Yes, I'm not going to be a hall of fame baseball player if i accept failure, but even if i don't accept it, it's still not something I could ever hope to accomplish. I'd take it, but.....it's time for some of you to accept who you are. Keep dreaming, heck, we might even have a few more balls bounce our way and make a playoff, and maybe win a game. You never know. But, the schools you mention are blue bloods. It is much easier to recruit at those places. Don't give me the bull about it can be done. Look at the recruiting numbers and history. Your beloved Wisconsin or Michigan State cant do it. Penn State or Michigan or Nebraska havent for a very long time. But go ahead, open up the search. Let the flood of established national championship coaches wanting to be Iowa's coach begin. For the young and upcoming, let us be their stepping stone to all these things at a top flight ncaa blue blood. I'm sick of the argument that any of us accept mediocrity. Occasionally David beats Goliath, but just FYI, we will never be Goliath.

iowa has sucked ass since 2010................lol hawkeye fans are a meme at this point

of course not. but one coaching hire and we could become a dominant force in the B1G West. Who knows if we will ever make the Playoff. I do know this, if we don't win the B1G West, first, we have zero chance for a miracle season. Agreed? It's been 13 years since we won the B1G. That's way to long for the money we spend on our coach and facilities. The 12-2 season was wonderful and shows that magical, miracle seasons are possible at Iowa, IF, you win the West first. We've won the West exactly 1 time. That just isn't enough to give us the opportunity.

Oh, and score more points on offense, please. The national pundits accept or don't accept you as relevant based on how much your offense scores. Like it or not, that's the reality.

Dead on correct!!!

Are you referring to Peter King of SI - the sportswriter who has never played or coached? Hell - you posting in this forum makes you a sportswriter.

Maybe the problem is that the term best is a rather loose one. Yes - KF is very good at developing talent and running a mostly clean program.

However, his on field results of averaging slightly less than 8 wins just screams barely above average. I'm merely suggesting that fans who think he walks on water, as a coach and looking at his W-L record, don't have any basis in reality to think so. At the end of the day fans show up to see a W.

Since you have not addressed it apparently there is no evidence that the KF-to-NFL rumors have been nothing more than just that.
Google kirk Ferentz NFL and dont hurt yourself lol

Latest posts