2nd Annual Cy-Hawk Team (Combined Roster Starters)

Jon, you realized that we're trying to NOT feed the trolls around here right? While I don't disagree with the list at all, I'm sure you've "disrespected" the Cyclones somehow. It's only a matter time before THH or ISU4LYF show up.

Jon, you realized that we're trying to NOT feed the trolls around here right? While I don't disagree with the list at all, I'm sure you've "disrespected" the Cyclones somehow. It's only a matter time before THH or ISU4LYF show up.

Sims over Greenwood. Otherwise, very fair. Probably take Darks over Reynolds for the time being too.

Last edited:
I've heard that Murray won't even be Iowa's kicker next fall, so not sure how he can be the best available from both teams. I think it'll be Mossbrucker.

You guys needs a Clone Signal like the Hawk signal over on CF....

But I'm fine with all pics except Sims should be in at saftety.

David Sims would start anywhere in the Big 10 thats my biggest problem, he would demolish Greenwood. I think Stanzi and Arnaud is a toss up, both have ALOT to prove. As for the likebackers, I would take Klein for sure over Tarp, speed and agility are stronger points for Klein. Also Im a big Bailey Johnson fan, he would probably be unstoppable if either of our ends could get pressure, if ISU had Clayborn I would take Bailey Johnson over either one of Iowa's DTs.

David Sims would start anywhere in the Big 10 thats my biggest problem, he would demolish Greenwood. I think Stanzi and Arnaud is a toss up, both have ALOT to prove. As for the likebackers, I would take Klein for sure over Tarp, speed and agility are stronger points for Klein. Also Im a big Bailey Johnson fan, he would probably be unstoppable if either of our ends could get pressure, if ISU had Clayborn I would take Bailey Johnson over either one of Iowa's DTs.

WOW

Put the Kool-Aid down.

David Sims would start anywhere in the Big 10 thats my biggest problem, he would demolish Greenwood.

Greenwood has been a three year starter at Iowa. Last year, he started on a defense that was #3 in passing efficiency and #4 in the nation in total pass defense. The year before that Iowa's pass efficiency defense was #5 in the nation. Iowa's total team defense has been 10th and 12th the last two years.

Iowa was 4th in passes intercepted in 2008, 5th in 2009.

Soooooooo...I am fine taking Brett Greenwood. And to say that Sims would start anywhere in the Big Ten.....next.

Greenwood has been a three year starter at Iowa. Last year, he started on a defense that was #3 in passing efficiency and #4 in the nation in total pass defense. The year before that Iowa's pass efficiency defense was #5 in the nation. Iowa's total team defense has been 10th and 12th the last two years.

Iowa was 4th in passes intercepted in 2008, 5th in 2009.

Soooooooo...I am fine taking Brett Greenwood. And to say that Sims would start anywhere in the Big Ten.....next.
Sims sat out two years ago, came back and was the newcomer of the year in the Big 12, first teamer this year for sure, I will take the "Brick **** House" AKA David Sims, next.........

Sims sat out two years ago, came back and was the newcomer of the year in the Big 12, first teamer this year for sure, I will take the "Brick **** House" AKA David Sims, next.........

You mean that Big 12 conference that doesn't play defense?

The good news for both sides is each has the man they want.

Oh Boy, this is about to get fun, I'll start popping the popcorn! ;):D

What does the Big 12 have to do with one individual player. David Sims would fit perfectly in Norm Parker's system and would start at FS or SS, he is a monster in the secondary. Speed agility and hitting, he will play in the NFL, will Greenwood? No.

Looks good Jon.

Only change I would make is Sims over Greenwood. I think that is a no brainer but I see your point as Greenwood has a lot of games under his belt.

I think by the end of the year we will be talking a lot about Jake Knott too but he has very very little experience and thus can't be ahead of any of the Hawk LB's

Tell that to Nebraska, Texas, and OU who all ranked in the top 10 in the country last year in total defense.

And that is in a conference that has had a lot of offensive firepower the last 3 years. Just look at the NFL draft the last couple years. A lot of high round draft picks coming out of the Big 12 on offense. Of course the defenses will give up some bigger #'s.

Latest posts