24 won't do it in Ann Arbor

DrKnipe

Our offense was very pedestrian vs Penn St. I hope we don't have that same ho-hum punt it away approach up in Michigan.

First off, Michigan's D isn't remotely close to the caliber of PSU's. We should have little to no problems scoring in this game and if we go with a methodical ground and pound attack, it will tire out their already weak D and keep their potent O off the field and hopefully not able to have many opportunities for big plays.

Michigan also has not faced a stiff D yet this season and MSU should expose many of their weaknesses on O giving us a good game plan to contain Denard as best as possible.

First off, Michigan's D isn't remotely close to the caliber of PSU's. We should have little to no problems scoring in this game and if we go with a methodical ground and pound attack, it will tire out their already weak D and keep their potent O off the field and hopefully not able to have many opportunities for big plays.

Michigan also has not faced a stiff D yet this season and MSU should expose many of their weaknesses on O giving us a good game plan to contain Denard as best as possible.

yep I wont be chocked if MSU roughs Michigan up this week and beats them. Our bye week came at a great time IMO

Agreed. I think the game will go similar to the game last year went except this time hopefully without a pick six to start the game.

First off... it sure will if Michigan can't score, and secondly... IF Iowa needs more they will just run the offense instead of basically taking a knee like they did the entire 2nd half yesterday. I have been watching Football for 40 years and have never seen a team F with a team like Iowa did Penn State yesterday. It was more insulting than running up the score IMO. KF was sending a message and that was the plan from the get go. The players came out from the beginning of the game doing the SHHHH! gesture. Just don't show anyone your capability, I mean even Penn State fans think that game was close... very calculating and true to form. The best part? Nobody outside the B10 really watches Iowa games and only checks final scores. They will think the offense actually tried to put points on the board!!! We gave less film for defensive coordinators to review. In reality no opponent is going to watch that film and think Iowa just "takes a knee" on offense as a scoring strategy... they will see that after the fact. I think the fans of our opponents while watching the game don't see that because it is completely opposite of what every other team in college football does. We just know this from watching all of our games. The Hawkeyes completely toyed with Penn State all game, and it was hilarious.

PSU's defense is, arguably, MUCH MUCH better than Michigan's defense.

I also think that Iowa won't have the same kind of a game plan against Mich.

KF and KOK read the game correctly last night, and it paid off. The second half wasn't super exciting, but I sure as hell liked holding PSU to zero touchdowns.

Can you imagine what would happen in the game that KF and KOK decide they want to just go after someone defensively AND offensively. I think it will take a bunch of smack talk by an opposing coaching staff before the game to do it. I also know that the "SHHH!" plan barely worked against Michigan last year. Everytime I think I would like to see them open up the offense, I understand why it makes so much sense not to and I love to see teams like Penn State looking so poor and not being able to score. I guess I would rather see a 24-3 game then a 50-30 game. Even though the rest of the nation/voters prefer the 50-30 for some reason. I guess they just need to watch a Hawkeye game to understand?

michigan will face reality next saturday when mich st throttles them and they will get it in spades the following week. They are not going to score many against us!!!

First off... it sure will if Michigan can't score, and secondly... IF Iowa needs more they will just run the offense instead of basically taking a knee like they did the entire 2nd half yesterday. I have been watching Football for 40 years and have never seen a team F with a team like Iowa did Penn State yesterday. It was more insulting than running up the score IMO. KF was sending a message and that was the plan from the get go. The players came out from the beginning of the game doing the SHHHH! gesture. Just don't show anyone your capability, I mean even Penn State fans think that game was close... very calculating and true to form. The best part? Nobody outside the B10 really watches Iowa games and only checks final scores. They will think the offense actually tried to put points on the board!!! We gave less film for defensive coordinators to review. In reality no opponent is going to watch that film and think Iowa just "takes a knee" on offense as a scoring strategy... they will see that after the fact. I think the fans of our opponents while watching the game don't see that because it is completely opposite of what every other team in college football does. We just know this from watching all of our games. The Hawkeyes completely toyed with Penn State all game, and it was hilarious.

ever hear the phrase 'if you don't use it, you lose it'? you make valid points, and it may yet work out to Iowa's advantage. my concern is when they try to go for more of the deep stuff and variety on offense - the timing won't be there because they haven't actually run it through at game speed in a live environment.

Following are the Michigan Defensive rankings through yesterday's games:

Rushing Defense: 37
Pass Eff. Defense: 79
Total Defense: 102
Scoring Defense: 73
Pass Defense: 120
Sacks: 88
Tackles For Loss: T-61

NCAA.com ? The Official Website of NCAA Championships - Football

The only reason their Rush Defense is not ranked lower is because their Pass D is dead last in FBS! Teams don't have to run against them because they give up big chunks of yards through the air.

We are guaranteed to see a different offensive game plan in two weeks. QB and WR/TE are the strengths of our offense. I would be licking my chops if I were RS, MM, DJK, AR, etc.

Control of the line of scrimmage, time of possession and limiting DRob's opportunities are the keys to the game, IMHO.

Go Hawks!

ever hear the phrase 'if you don't use it, you lose it'? you make valid points, and it may yet work out to Iowa's advantage. my concern is when they try to go for more of the deep stuff and variety on offense - the timing won't be there because they haven't actually run it through at game speed in a live environment.

Actually... our offense has something no other team in the nation has. They get to practice nearly daily against the #1 defense in college football. If our offense is scoring TDs in practice against them... they are doing what other Top 25 teams have proven incapable of doing.

Following are the Michigan Defensive rankings through yesterday's games:

Rushing Defense: 37
Pass Eff. Defense: 79
Total Defense: 102
Scoring Defense: 73
Pass Defense: 120
Sacks: 88
Tackles For Loss: T-61

NCAA.com ? The Official Website of NCAA Championships - Football

The only reason their Rush Defense is not ranked lower is because their Pass D is dead last in FBS! Teams don't have to run against them because they give up big chunks of yards through the air.

We are guaranteed to see a different offensive game plan in two weeks. QB and WR/TE are the strengths of our offense. I would be licking my chops if I were RS, MM, DJK, AR, etc.

Control of the line of scrimmage, time of possession and limiting DRob's opportunities are the keys to the game, IMHO.

Go Hawks!

I still think we may see the type of game that we seen tonight. Try to just run and sustain long drives to keep Robinson off the field as much as possible.

Michigan will score some points on us, but Michigan is all about Denard Robinson.. I'm sure we'll have him well scouted and he won't put up 500 yards of offense. It looks like our offense should be able to move the ball, put some points on the board, and keep Michigan off the field a fair amount. I do agree though that we may need to score more than 24 to win this game.. I'll be watching to see how Michigan looks in their first real test of the year next week against MSU.

I am not sure what it is. The team looks unstoppable in first quarter or so then goes to sleep. I would hope its because they don't want to show anything more than they have to, but not sure what else there might be. It seems we have no killer instinct or focus. If we allow D Robinson to stand up and finish the game, we better have a ton of ball control.

I am not sure what it is. The team looks unstoppable in first quarter or so then goes to sleep. I would hope its because they don't want to show anything more than they have to, but not sure what else there might be. It seems we have no killer instinct or focus. If we allow D Robinson to stand up and finish the game, we better have a ton of ball control.

Did you JUST start watching Iowa football? Come on guys. This is how we always do it. You think we are going to play conservative if we get behind or are not ahead by much? Notice we mostly ran the ball the second half? Stop posting this garbage. Thank you!

michigan has not played anyone. Michigan state will beat them up next week. We roll into town and put #5 back on the field.

Latest posts