21-10 Overall; 12-6 in conference; 8 Seed in NCAA tourney

If they end up an 8 seed after running the table the rest of the season and only other loss is in the BTT then that means Iowa isn't in right now. Or if you're saying they lose only 1 more game this season and win the BTT then an 8 seed is not happening. That would be at least a 6 seed. An 8 seed would be bad news. 1st game is a tossup and then likely get Kentucky (would be at least 30 point loss). Much rather Iowa were a 10 seed or 7 seed. This team really blew it Thursday.

I wish it would happen but no more losses during the season and one loss in the BTT seems unlikely. I would like to see it though.

Making predictions with this team is pointless.

Yah think? If things don't atart to turn around Fran's era will go down as an era of inconsistency. He still has time to turn the ship but someone has got to step up and be a consistant leader, and I don't mean just cheap talk but game by game performance. Usually on most successful teams that's a guard, center, or both. Already looking forward to Woody's and Gesell's big senior special next year....... Bla bla bla.

I don't see 12-6 now after that loss.

I understand why some feel this way. But most of us thought 6-2 or 5-3 to in the last 8 games. I thought 6-2 and knew I would be surprised with 1 of the losses...the other being Indiana. So I still think 12-6 is realistic...say 50-50. I think 11-7 is about 75-25. Worse than 11-7 or better than 12-6 is about 15-85. All just my opinion of course...

Yah think? If things don't atart to turn around Fran's era will go down as an era of inconsistency. He still has time to turn the ship but someone has got to step up and be a consistant leader, and I don't mean just cheap talk but game by game performance. Usually on most successful teams that's a guard, center, or both. Already looking forward to Woody's and Gesell's big senior special next year....... Bla bla bla.

Wont happen this year.

Just don't have the players capable of it.

I understand why some feel this way. But most of us thought 6-2 or 5-3 to in the last 8 games. I thought 6-2 and knew I would be surprised with 1 of the losses...the other being Indiana. So I still think 12-6 is realistic...say 50-50. I think 11-7 is about 75-25. Worse than 11-7 or better than 12-6 is about 15-85. All just my opinion of course...

You must protect homecourt at this stage in the season. The odds of Iowa going 6-1 are not 50-50 or even realistic with 4 out of our 7 remaining games on the road. I would set the odds at 30% on a 12-6 finish, 5-2 is certainly possible, but IMO 10-8 is the most realistic finish after the loss to the Gophers. You just can't lose that game against the Gophers!

Wont happen this year.

Just don't have the players capable of it.

The players are there, they just need to take the open shots they are given. Love the drive and kick, but not into three people when you have nobody on you. Can't win if you don't shoot. Pretty basic, just seems they have have already decided before they get the ball.

You must protect homecourt at this stage in the season. The odds of Iowa going 6-1 are not 50-50 or even realistic with 4 out of our 7 remaining games on the road. I would set the odds at 30% on a 12-6 finish, 5-2 is certainly possible, but IMO 10-8 is the most realistic finish after the loss to the Gophers. You just can't lose that game against the Gophers!

I know most others disagree with me but I stand by my other posts stating this team doesn't care if they are home or away. The crowd doesn't really impact them. That's why they have lost so many home games and won so many road games IMO. A good team is more likely to beat us than a team playing on their home court...again IMO. Indiana and Illinois are the only 2 "good" teams left on our schedule.

Also, we are 3-2 on the road and only 3-3 at home. The road losses were to Wisconsin and Purdue...without White. We have to lose to both Illinois and Indiana or lose to a team outside of the top 100...something we have yet to do this season. So I'm sticking with 50-50.

The players are there, they just need to take the open shots they are given. Love the drive and kick, but not into three people when you have nobody on you. Can't win if you don't shoot. Pretty basic, just seems they have have already decided before they get the ball.

We have some good 2nd and 3rd option types but no A level players talented enough to be the on the court leader this team needs.

I know most others disagree with me but I stand by my other posts stating this team doesn't care if they are home or away. The crowd doesn't really impact them. That's why they have lost so many home games and won so many road games IMO. A good team is more likely to beat us than a team playing on their home court...again IMO. Indiana and Illinois are the only 2 "good" teams left on our schedule.

Also, we are 3-2 on the road and only 3-3 at home. The road losses were to Wisconsin and Purdue...without White. We have to lose to both Illinois and Indiana or lose to a team outside of the top 100...something we have yet to do this season. So I'm sticking with 50-50.

I do disagree with you because this has nothing to do with the crowd, it has everything to do with what an inconsistent Iowa team.

As for Illinois they can easily beat Iowa..

Last edited:
We have some good 2nd and 3rd option types but no A level players talented enough to be the on the court leader this team needs.

Don't disagree, but when we had one last in RDM, the guys would literally stand around waiting for him to take over. Think in the long haul of a season, you're probably better off either having two playmakers or none, as long as they are playing together with solid fundamentals. Too easy to take away your one and only option and shut you down.

Don't disagree, but when we had one last in RDM, the guys would literally stand around waiting for him to take over. Think in the long haul of a season, you're probably better off either having two playmakers or none, as long as they are playing together with solid fundamentals. Too easy to take away your one and only option and shut you down.

Two would be ideal.

I think our problems last year were two fold, to many passive guys who were willing to stand around and watch but also really bad spacing with to many non shooters on the court together.

The spacing is better but is still held back by teams having no respect for Whites outside shot.

Hopfully next year Jok and Utoff will be ready to be legit go to guys.

Latest posts