2024 Quarterback

NCHawker

I believe iowa needs to go to the portal and land a QB. "another cade" and do it now. Turns out that Kirk listened to me this time. A QB is visiting Iowa

1704395609064.png

Hmm. There may be legs to Moorhead taking the job. I'm sure he'd like to get back into the BIG 10 if could be paid more as the OC than the HC at Akron.

We can start Cade. Proven winner. Michigan for goodness sake! But. We better have a backup, or maybe 2. Hill better damn well be gone. Banging on his QB ability, not him as a fine young man. You guys know better.

We can start Cade. Proven winner. Michigan for goodness sake! But. We better have a backup, or maybe 2. Hill better damn well be gone. Banging on his QB ability, not him as a fine young man. You guys know better.
The Thompson kid won’t leave oregon to sit behind McNamara. That’s not how it works. That’s the interesting thing about this. Ferentz is always about the upperclassman, the incumbent, the next man in. To go back on mcnamara and start Thompson or another transfer is just not how he rolls. Is it the right direction? Hell yes. To fall in love with McNamara is dumb. The job needs to be wide open and fluid after games start and that’s yet another thing he won’t do. Ferentz is going to have to change in every damn way offensively and then some and I simply don’t see it in him

Six bucks and my right nut sez Cade won’t be healthy and or ready to play at a high level. Hasn’t payed much after 2021. Coach thinks so too

It's excellent that the coaches are looking at QBs in the portal and got TT to visit.

That said, I don't think he's going to join a program as a backup. He has some good options and just two years of eligibility remaining.

I'd be surprised if this is a McNamara AND Thompson setup. It's one or the other.

It's excellent that the coaches are looking at QBs in the portal and got TT to visit.

That said, I don't think he's going to join a program as a backup. He has some good options and just two years of eligibility remaining.

I'd be surprised if this is a McNamara AND Thompson setup. It's one or the other.
That begs the question of why even bring him in? I cannot imagine that Iowa would ask Cade to leave. But, his knee may be causing lingering doubts.

I suppose they sell this kid by saying he will walk into Spring as the #1 QB. It will be his job to lose from there on out, but he will have competition from Cade and Lainez.

You then tell Cade that Iowa cannot count on him recovering fully by the season, so they are bringing in another QB and this will essentially replace Labas' scholly. Cade will have every chance to win his job back, but he will have to earn it.

So do think in the coaches' minds, they'd like to bring Thompson in and if that causes McNamara to leave so be it? Or do you think they are bringing him in because they think McNamara is leaving? Or doubt that he'll be healthy?

Or maybe the coaches actually know more about Cade's injury but, of course, don't want to broadcast that as they try to retain/attract talent. Maybe All left because he already knew his buddy probably wasn't going to be throwing him the ball next year.

It's messy but that's the landscape now.

It can be viewed as harsh but Cade got paid and Iowa really doesn't owe him the job. It needs to do what's best for everybody in the facility. The question would be if Thompson would be willing to not have a guarantee like Cade received last year when he joined the program. That could depend on his other options and how he feels about the direction of Iowa's offense.

Or maybe the coaches actually know more about Cade's injury but, of course, don't want to broadcast that as they try to retain/attract talent. Maybe All left because he already knew his buddy probably wasn't going to be throwing him the ball next year.
Has All announced that he's not coming back? Haven't seen that.

I have absolutely nothing against Cade, but as a program what exactly does Iowa owe him? Sure it's not the "Iowa way", but he's been a Hawkeye for a handful of games and was never totally healthy. He's a likable guy, but I'm sure he came out further ahead based on NIL then Iowa did in his signing. So again, I like him,, and I understand that Iowa usually doesn't play these games so to say, but if there's a better option out there we need to lock it down, because the Cade we have is most likely never going to play like the Cade we signed.

I have absolutely nothing against Cade, but as a program what exactly does Iowa owe him? Sure it's not the "Iowa way", but he's been a Hawkeye for a handful of games and was never totally healthy. He's a likable guy, but I'm sure he came out further ahead based on NIL then Iowa did in his signing. So again, I like him,, and I understand that Iowa usually doesn't play these games so to say, but if there's a better option out there we need to lock it down, because the Cade we have is most likely never going to play like the Cade we signed.
I think you nailed it. That's why they entertained the thought of bringing Ty in. It was always a long shot though. But if some other stud QB pops up available Cade can't think he's irreplaceable. Far from it. He's damaged goods. He just is. There's an over under for the amount of games he'll end up starting next yr and it sure isn't going to be most of them