Kyle Kasper transfer portal rumors

vegashawki

What do you guys think? Their updated 2 deeps as of 4/24 don’t have him listed. And if he were to enter, do you like Iowas chances?

Been rumored and rumored and rumored... By hopeful Iowa fans but there's never been any substance to it by anything he's ever said. Todays the day if he or anyone else is getting in the portal. I kinda feel like if he was he already woulda... And if he does get in the portal kid will have more lucrative offers from more pass happy offenses with clarity at the QB position. We got lucky getting Kaleb Brown to hope to be that lucky or more again seems like to much to ask for.

Do not want

yah, I get that. People often assume he has some emotinal tie to Iowa. But he grew up in AZ, strong west coach ties. No doubt loves Oregon. I just don't think he's interested in Iowa. Iowa just isnt cool. Maybe he took time to talk with that LB that transfered from Iowa to O in order to gain perspective. But that perspective is years old now.

He could probably be a plust to the WR room, but I dout it will happen

yah, I get that. People often assume he has some emotinal tie to Iowa. But he grew up in AZ, strong west coach ties. No doubt loves Oregon. I just don't think he's interested in Iowa. Iowa just isnt cool. Maybe he took time to talk with that LB that transfered from Iowa to O in order to gain perspective. But that perspective is years old now.

He could probably be a plust to the WR room, but I dout it will happen
Primadonna who would jump ship the first time he doesn't get the targets he wants. He's in it for the highlight film which is totally fine, but if there was ever a WR who wouldn't be a fit here it's him. And wtf do people care if his dad is Kevin Kasper? It isn't like there's some kind of magic something that means a kid with an alumni parent is going to be a great addition.

And remember, he didn't see the field hardly at all at Oregon, so all anyone is going by is 3 year old high school film with 99% of it against CBs who never sniffed college ball.

Do not want
I don't think Iowa would turn him down if he wanted to come... There's zero chance of that happening. Even if Iowa's over the 85 limit and I think we still are Iowa'd find a way to make it happen. The kid comes from great stock. I don't think he's a headcase/locker room cancer kind of kid. So I'd take him in a heart beat if he would. I just don't think he will.

Who was that legacy 4-star WR from Iowa that went to Michigan, then Iowa, and then Nebraska and didn't do shit at any of those places?

Who was that legacy 4-star WR from Iowa that went to Michigan, then Iowa, and then Nebraska and didn't do shit at any of those places?
Oliver Martin. I could be mistaken, but I don't recall him being a legacy. He was a hometown product however. Talented player but couldn't find his groove for whatever reason. The only rumor I heard at the time was that he had a bit of a "sense of entitlement" that turned off the coaches and some of his teammates. Perhaps a maturity thing.

Oliver Martin. I could be mistaken, but I don't recall him being a legacy. He was a hometown product however. Talented player but couldn't find his groove for whatever reason. The only rumor I heard at the time was that he had a bit of a "sense of entitlement" that turned off the coaches and some of his teammates. Perhaps a maturity thing.
Even if he had a self entitlement attitude I’d bet he still would’ve seen the field more if he was really that talented. Maybe just not as talented as people thought… players don’t always pan out.

What a weird deal he was... I'd be curious to know the whole story with him. Athletic kid seemed to have talent. Got recruited over the top of at Michigan. Not a surprise coulda seen that coming. So once he comes to Iowa they throw him out there pretty early on he gets a TD and then they burry him on the bench so he leaves for NE where he does jack squat. Why didn't Iowa play him more and is that why he left or was there more to the story with him?

Latest posts