2024 Football Playoffs

It’s for grandpa’s like me whose kids and grandkids insist I follow them. Like my 6’1” granddaughter who as a high school senior just signed on at UW Green Bay (Division 1) with a full scholarship. Their top VB recruit. Plus, I love posting liberal political views there to piss of my Neanderthal colleagues.

Your wife's boyfriend must be really proud.

They make it so complicated when they don't need to. As you state, come up with a system to go by such as RPI or some metric or algorithm for those wild card teams. Whoever floats to the top. If a metric was used, any team falling below it could be just told, "Sorry, you didn't make it this season". Fans might not be happy but too bad too sad. F em.

My system is really simple. Make it a 6 team playoff with each conference getting an automatic qualifier from the winner of their championship games, essentially turning them into play in games. Top 2 teams ranked in the other 6 also play to determine the 6th team. Simple, conference champs all around, they get seeded by their rank with 1 and 2 seeds getting a bye.

Everyone else gets invited to bowl games under the current conference tie ins, win-win.

My system is really simple. Make it a 6 team playoff with each conference getting an automatic qualifier from the winner of their championship games, essentially turning them into play in games. Top 2 teams ranked in the other 6 also play to determine the 6th team. Simple, conference champs all around, they get seeded by their rank with 1 and 2 seeds getting a bye.

Everyone else gets invited to bowl games under the current conference tie ins, win-win.

I had the very same thought years ago with 8 teams, though, Give the 5 champions and have 3 for the Boise States or Truman States of the world that rise up and have a good season.

I had the very same thought years ago with 8 teams, though, Give the 5 champions and have 3 for the Boise States or Truman States of the world that rise up and have a good season.

Formats like this basically turns the conference championship games into the 1st round of the playoffs.

Latest posts