2024 Football Playoffs

It’s good that they’re taking the P5 champs, but after that it’s going to turn into a complete cluster F if they pick it by committee instead of some sort of impartial RPI.

They said after the P5 champs they’re taking six “wild cards” plus the highest rated G5 team.

What’s Facebook?
It’s for grandpa’s like me whose kids and grandkids insist I follow them. Like my 6’1” granddaughter who as a high school senior just signed on at UW Green Bay (Division 1) with a full scholarship. Their top VB recruit. Plus, I love posting liberal political views there to piss of my Neanderthal colleagues.

It’s for grandpa’s like me whose kids and grandkids insist I follow them. Like my 6’1” granddaughter who as a high school senior just signed on at UW Green Bay (Division 1) with a full scholarship. Their top VB recruit. Plus, I love posting liberal political views there to piss of my Neanderthal colleagues.
Sounds like a cancerous cess pool to me.

12 teams. Announced today. Hawk Central has details on Facebook.
[/QUOTE

Well it’s about time! Now we will get a better feel for who the best team really is. Sometimes the win/no loss records don’t always tell the full story. Some teams peak near the end of the year even though they may have lost a game or two.

It’s good that they’re taking the P5 champs, but after that it’s going to turn into a complete cluster F if they pick it by committee instead of some sort of impartial RPI.

They said after the P5 champs they’re taking six “wild cards” plus the highest rated G5 team.

They make it so complicated when they don't need to. As you state, come up with a system to go by such as RPI or some metric or algorithm for those wild card teams. Whoever floats to the top. If a metric was used, any team falling below it could be just told, "Sorry, you didn't make it this season". Fans might not be happy but too bad too sad. F em.

I know Bowls won't go away soon but is this really the death, for intents and purposes, of the bowl system?

It’s for grandpa’s like me whose kids and grandkids insist I follow them. Like my 6’1” granddaughter who as a high school senior just signed on at UW Green Bay (Division 1) with a full scholarship. Their top VB recruit. Plus, I love posting liberal political views there to piss of my sensible objective colleagues.
There, fixed it for ya.

The creation of a 4 team playoff, when you had 5 power conferences, was stupid to begin with.
Rivaling that stupidity is conferences all over the country now eliminating divisions. When the BTen does that, they'll be reducing fan interest by 600,000 people, because fans of 6 or more teams know they have no chance before any season even starts of finishing in the top 3 or 4 of the BTen.

Hopefully.
I've never understood your hostility to bowl games. What's so terrible about rewarding a decent team's players with warm weather and some bling, while allowing fans to travel to a warm destination and have a nice vacation and root on their team in a competitive game, versus an opponent they typically would never play?

12 is way too many. We are going to end up with a Cinderella upset followed by an assblasting the next week and a bunch of really ugly lopsided games, further degrading what little value bowls have left. I would’ve preferred six (power 3/4/5 conference champs get bids) and fill in the rest with the top Go5/6/7 team and at large bids. Two teams get a bye.

I've never understood your hostility to bowl games. What's so terrible about rewarding a decent team's players with warm weather and some bling, while allowing fans to travel to a warm destination and have a nice vacation and root on their team in a competitive game, versus an opponent they typically would never play?
Because it should be a major accomplishment to earn a bowl game like it was in the 80s when there were only 12 of 'em. It was a big ass deal to be a team that earned a spot to go to a bowl game. Now any team with a pulse gets to go. Apparently 6-6 means "decent team" to you. I don't make that kind of connection, but whatevs I guess

The current system with over 40 some games has totally diluted everything that once made them special. As a kid I loved bowl season. It was Christmas break and I got to spend it watching really, really good football teams battle it out after they had earned a right to be there.

Now you flip the TV on at 1:30 PM on a Wednesday and you get to hear Meth Bowins calling the Ron's Tire Shop Bowl presented by Dan's Drain and Duct Cleaning between the 6-6 Upper Northwest Central Hopkins County Mudflaps and the 6-6 Aquindeck Island District 3 Pipe Welding School Dorkdivers (18th Street campus).

It's completely stupid.

Now you flip the TV on at 1:30 PM on a Wednesday and you get to hear Meth Bowins calling the Ron's Tire Shop Bowl presented by Dan's Drain and Duct Cleaning between the 6-6 Upper Northwest Central Hopkins County Mudflaps and the 6-6 Aquindeck Island District 3 Pipe Welding School Dorkdivers (18th Street campus).
Any system that limits Meth Bowins' broadcasts I'm in favor of.

Latest posts