2020 Edition of Iowa Football

I've been wondering about the impact of fans in the stands and how different it might look stadium to stadium.

If it's 50 percent at Iowa, that probably makes it less difficult for Wisconsin, Northwestern, Nebraska and Iowa State at Kinnick. Conversely, it would make it easier for Iowa at places like Ohio State and Penn State. Minnesota is mostly Iowa fans anyway. ;)
I think your right about how it would affect us at home, but I'm not so sure about the how much easier things will be on the road. Empty seats would definitely affect the crowds, but doesn't our style of play have a similar impact already?

I think your right about how it would affect us at home, but I'm not so sure about the how much easier things will be on the road. Empty seats would definitely affect the crowds, but doesn't our style of play have a similar impact already?

Hard to say with any certainty. I've been in Kinnick a lot of times for Kids Day and Spring games. It's obviously night and day from a real game day. I've also been to Penn State and Ohio State multiple times. With Kinnick, they're three of the loudest stadiums in the league.

Hard to say with any certainty. I've been in Kinnick a lot of times for Kids Day and Spring games. It's obviously night and day from a real game day. I've also been to Penn State and Ohio State multiple times. With Kinnick, they're three of the loudest stadiums in the league.

Having attended games at all three, I think that’s a fair assessment.

It felt like an 9-3/8-4 football team before all the drama and now I am not really sure.
I was thinking the typical 7-8 win season with that schedule. The BL "discussion" could be a distraction on the field that could cost at least two wins: there is plenty of evidence for that in the Big10 with PSU's scandal (those fans will get some revenge on Iowa fans), MSU's crime spree scandal, and NW's player unionization distraction.

Ferentz 3.0 won't be Ferentz's culture.
We could be going back to the future pre-Hayden culture.

Here's what's going to happen:

Kirk survives and stays on as head coach through the investigation, but the 2020 season is cancelled due to Covid concerns.

As a result of the investigation, Brian either leaves or is fired, and KOK is promoted back up to OC.
agree somewhat. 2020 season won't be cancelled and Brian won't be fired although he will leave.

I'm out on this season entirely. Call me when the drama is over. There are enough places in real life to OD on drama without getting it from a football team.
can't disagree with this.

Latest posts