2019 Recruiting: Big Board

Being from Indiana and seeing what Purdue has done with their Centers recently...wouldn't surprise me to see him at Purdue. MSU would be my second bet.
Most of the “experts” have him as a heavy Indiana favorite. There have also been some rumors that he may want to play with his AAU teammate and Iowa recruit Keion Brooks. Brooks is probably a MSU lean.

Most of the “experts” have him as a heavy Indiana favorite. There have also been some rumors that he may want to play with his AAU teammate and Iowa recruit Keion Brooks. Brooks is probably a MSU lean.

Makes sense. Not gonna get my hopes up on this one at all.

Well getting Zeke just went from 5% to 1%.
Zeke said some nice things about the Hawks but I’m thinking our chances aren’t great. Honestly our chances of landing any one of our remaining top targets is pretty slim I would imagine.

Where we go from there I don’t know, but this class would be pretty uninspiring if that were the case. I guess it’s not too much of a surprise seeing as how we haven’t washed the bad taste of last season out of our mouths.

Zeke said some nice things about the Hawks but I’m thinking our chances aren’t great. Honestly our chances of landing any one of our remaining top targets is pretty slim I would imagine.

Where we go from there I don’t know, but this class would be pretty uninspiring if that were the case. I guess it’s not too much of a surprise seeing as how we haven’t washed the bad taste of last season out of our mouths.
We played soft and weak in addition to playing bad. Our reaction when Josh Reaves gave Ryan Kreiner a concussion with a flagrant elbow was to let them take the game over. Our reaction when Kam Williams was punking our coach in our own building was to lay down to Ohio State. Same thing at Maryland. And I won't even bring up State College, the nadir of a season full of them. In three months we will begin to find out if it was all an aberration but back to your point yes it can't make a very good recruiting impression.

Trayce Jackson-Davis has eliminated Purdue. His top 5 are now Iowa, MSU, UCLA, Indiana, and Wake Forest. He also said Indiana is not a lock. I’m liking our chances better now. I just dont see him going to Wake Forest and dont think he’ll go way out west to UCLA. I think it boils down to Iowa and MSU as he really has a good connection with the players and staff at both schools. He is friends with Patrick McCaffrey. He realizes if he along with Keion Brooks, Patrick, and Touissant, this could be a championship class. He is also aware the Wieskamp will be there already. If we can sign a class like this DJ Carton will be kicking himself for not climbing aboard.

Trayce Jackson-Davis has eliminated Purdue. His top 5 are now Iowa, MSU, UCLA, Indiana, and Wake Forest. He also said Indiana is not a lock. I’m liking our chances better now. I just dont see him going to Wake Forest and dont think he’ll go way out west to UCLA. I think it boils down to Iowa and MSU as he really has a good connection with the players and staff at both schools. He is friends with Patrick McCaffrey. He realizes if he along with Keion Brooks, Patrick, and Touissant, this could be a championship class. He is also aware the Wieskamp will be there already. If we can sign a class like this DJ Carton will be kicking himself for not climbing aboard.
TJD and Brooks are on my Xmas list for sure.. Couldn't agree with you more that if PM could get these guys to team up we could do some serious damage. That should be our selling point to these guys. We have the foundation. Cook is 95% not coming back another year I don't think so there's a whole lot of offensive touches for someone to be had. Landing any of the 3 PGs that have offers currently out to them should be a good fit Touissant may be at the top of the list if I could be picky but all they'd have to do is be a distributer with a group like this.. Screw DJ he could have been the face of the class but he didn't want that pressure of staying home I guess.

Wake Forest is something of a sleeper as they now have Danny Manning as their coach. TJD is an interesting prospect for sure and one that I have been surprised to see Iowa in the running with. It would have been nice to see Iowa as his last official visit and not the first though. If Iowa cannot land any elite guys, I hope they have some second options available and don't rush to fill the class late in the game.

My crystal ball says we land this 5 star and when we miss the tourney this season, people will say: "we gotta give Fran another year to see what he can do with all this talent!"

Seriously though, if he can land this kid, maybe we just need to look into hiring a new x's & o's assistant that understands defense.

My crystal ball says we land this 5 star and when we miss the tourney this season, people will say: "we gotta give Fran another year to see what he can do with all this talent!"

Seriously though, if he can land this kid, maybe we just need to look into hiring a new x's & o's assistant that understands defense.

Without playing a game this season, I'll say it right now. If we land a 5 star, we have to give him another two years, because I'd believe we have the talent and pieces to get to the next level. I'm obviously in the camp that believes Fran will get us back to the tournament this year though. If he doesn't, I'm with you on hiring another assistant who knows how to play defense...say Matt Gatens perhaps? What would it hurt? I'm not sure on the rules about number of assistant coaches allowed, but if he can just add one more without losing any, I think Barta could swing the extra money.

Sounds to me like Iowa is all in on TJD but if they don’t land him they will just stick with Pat and Touissaint for the 2019 class. Honestly that type of class would be pretty underwhelming in my opinion.

Latest posts