F- Trayce Jackson-Davis: 6’8/210 (Ranked #30) Greenwood, Indiana
Notable offers: Michigan State, Indiana, UCLA

F- EJ Liddell: 6’7/220 (Ranked #50)
Belleville, Illinois
Notable offers: Missouri, Florida, Ohio State

G- Rocket Watts: 6’2/180 (Ranked #55)
Detroit, Michigan
Notable offers: Michigan State, Michigan, Xavier

G- Mario McKinney: 6’2/180 (Ranked #126)
St Louis, Missouri
Notable offers: Missouri, Kansas State, Xavier

G- Tyrell Terry: 6’3/160 (Ranked #238)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Notable offers: Baylor, Butler, Nebraska

F- Michael Moreno: 6’6/195 (Ranked #207)
Georgetown, Kentucky
Notable offers: Bradley

F- Zeke Nnaji: 6’9/195 (Ranked #239)
Hopkins, Minnesota
Notable offers: Minnesota, Creighton, Wisconsin

Carton - (???) (Iowa’s top target)

Robinson-Earl - (Kansas favorite)

Jackson-Davis - (Indiana favorite) (Iowa has a chance, but unlikely)

Liddell - (???) (Iowa has a decent chance here from what I gather - Missouri lean)

Watts - (MSU favorite)

McKinney- (Missouri & K State leaders)

Terry- (???) (must get for Fran if we don’t get Carton)

Moreno- (Iowa only P5 offer)

Nnaji- (Wisconsin lean)

The main goal is to land Carton. If we can get Carton, anything else would be gravy. Terry is definitely the fall back plan for Carton. Many of us would love to grab another guard, but I don’t think our chances with Watts or McKinney are very good.

Last edited:
Best case:
Carton, Pmac and one other would probably be a top 20 class.

Worst case:
Fran whiffs on Carton and Terry. Likely would be the end of the FM era at Iowa, actually who knows with GB, but that would be an uninspiring class even with Pmac’s ranking.

Best case:
Carton, Pmac and one other would probably be a top 20 class.

Worst case:
Fran whiffs on Carton and Terry. Likely would be the end of the FM era at Iowa, actually who knows with GB, but that would be an uninspiring class even with Pmac’s ranking.

It's still a small possibility that we could be good with Connor.

It's still a small possibility that we could be good with Connor.
That is true. I still think we’d need to land a guard with more athleticism one way or another. Right now our guards for 2020 would be Cmac, Frederick, and Weiskamp. We could do this in the 2019 class, 2020 class, or through transfers.

Carton - (???) (Iowa’s top target)

Robinson-Earl - (Kansas favorite)

Jackson-Davis - (Indiana favorite) (Iowa has a chance, but unlikely)

Liddell - (???) (Iowa has a decent chance here from what I gather - Missouri lean)

Watts - (MSU favorite)

McKinney- (Missouri & K State leaders)

Terry- (???) (must get for Fran if we don’t get Carton)

Moreno- (Iowa only P5 offer)

Nnaji- (Wisconsin lean)

The main goal is to land Carton. If we can get Carton, anything else would be gravy. Terry is definitely the fall back plan for Carton. Many of us would love to grab another guard, but I don’t think our chances with Watts or McKinney are very good.

Probably means will get the kid in boldface above (Moreno).

That list is going to change, probably a lot, over the next several months. Most of those players are pipe dreams at this point. Carton, Terry and maybe Jackson-Davis are realistic possibilities, but certainly not gimmes by any stretch, and, has been discussed ad nauseum, he could end up making a play for Locure. If I had to guess right now, I'd say Terry is our most likely signing depending upon how things shake out.

Fran likes to throw his hat in the ring early with the high profile players, but almost always is gradually forced to focus his efforts further down the board as time goes on. Such is life for Iowa sports.

Fran likes to throw his hat in the ring early with the high profile players, but almost always is gradually forced to focus his efforts further down the board as time goes on. Such is life for Iowa sports.

I dunno...Fran got in really early with Garza and Cook and it paid dividends for him when the big names came calling later on.

I just still can't believe Fran can't get a top tier Point Guard. Iowa is dying for one, and their offense is fast paced and high scoring...everything a PG would love.

I dunno...Fran got in really early with Garza and Cook and it paid dividends for him when the big names came calling later on.

I just still can't believe Fran can't get a top tier Point Guard. Iowa is dying for one, and their offense is fast paced and high scoring...everything a PG would love.
That's why I said "almost always." He has hit a couple of times, but, more often than not, he's been forced to go to plan B or C.

Cook, Garza, Gesell and Woodbury, are four of probably 70 or 80 high profile offers Iowa has handed out over the past 6 or 7 years. The players above are almost exclusively 4 and 5-star players. That's not a criticism, per se, just more how it goes with us not being a blue-blood program.

That's why I said "almost always." He has hit a couple of times, but, more often than not, he's been forced to go to plan B or C.

Cook, Garza, Gesell and Woodbury, are four of probably 70 or 80 high profile offers Iowa has handed out over the past 6 or 7 years. The players above are almost exclusively 4 and 5-star players. That's not a criticism, per se, just more how it goes with us not being a blue-blood program.

Yeah its just the nature of the beast. Hard to fault a kid who gets star struck when UNC or Kentucky rolls the red carpet out.

Bump.

Wisconsin just landed a 3* PG in their 2018 class.

On the surface I imagine that helps us with DJ Carton for 2018, especially if Trice gets a medical hardship for this year, in which case he’d be a sophomore next year.

That's pretty big IMO.

Bump.

On the surface I imagine that helps us with DJ Carton for 2019, especially if Trice gets a medical hardship for this year, in which case he’d be a sophomore next year.

That should help for sure!

This kid is probably a pipe dream at this point, but this would be my number one target. I did not know he was that explosive.

Bump.

On the surface I imagine that helps us with DJ Carton for 2019, especially if Trice gets a medical hardship for this year, in which case he’d be a sophomore next year.

But Connor, for all purposes, is a 2018 pg so doesn't that hurt our chances with Carton?

Latest posts