2019 Iowa Camp News/Update

Well who is Amani Jones going to replace if he comes in on obvious passing downs. AJE is going to be at one D End position, probably right D End. Gholston should be in there I would think so is Gholston moving to a D Tackle position and Jones is going to be the left D End? Will it be a full Raider alignment with no one having a hand on the ground?

I hope this works and we get a bunch of sacks and Jones gets a bunch of sacks and pressures.

I wish we got more info out of camp, always have but know we never will get as much as we want.

How would you like to defend this - let AJE do his thing on the edge, let Amani Jones roam left and right just behind the tackles looking ferocious and slithering through any openings he can find, then have the Cash looking for the holes and laying the wood on the QB! I can't wait......

This is me waiting for news out of camp and hoping August goes fast.

FhHKNzNE

let Amani Jones roam left and right just behind the tackles looking ferocious and slithering through any openings he can find, then have the Cash looking for the holes and laying the wood on the QB!
Amani Jones, as great of a teammate as he is (by all accounts), couldn't cut the mustard with the mental side of playing LB last year. He was out of position and missing assignments non-stop and got pulled early on in the year. You have to realize that at this level of football being a physical beast isn't enough; I'd argue it's less than half of the big picture.

There's a reason guys like Jewell and Kirksey can thrive at the NFL level while being undersized and not as strong or fast as more athletic linebackers...they're smart and instinctive, they learn the defensive scheme, and they can read offenses and put themselves in the right spots to make up for the physical shortcomings.

With Jones, I'd have to trust Seth Wallace's opinion on who should start over any opinion on this board (including mine). He'll be a DC and HC someday in the not too distant future.

Latest posts