2018 schedule 7-5

BEATHARDTEAMS

Northern Illinois - W (we've lost before)
Iowa State - W (50/50)
UNI - W
Wisky - holy smokes... we play them first? L
MN - L
IND - W
MD - W
Penn State - L
Purdue - W
Northwestern - L
IL - W
Nebby - L

7-5

pretty standard for KF right?

maybe if we get one upset we have another 8-4 season?

OK, I'll bite.

High probability wins: Illinois, UNI, Northern Illinois
High probability losses: Wisconsin, Penn State
Split: Northwestern, Nebraska
4-1 against Indiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Iowa State, Purdue

Kirk Ferentz rule: We win one we have no business winning and lose one we should win.

8-4 with bowl loss to make 8-5

If we go 7-5 we win the bowl to go 8-5

So it's 8-5

Chances of things falling into place and taking a run at a good year, one in four.

Chances of tanking and doing less than 7 wins, one in four.

I did not realize this until now, but there is a strange pattern of home and away games in 2018.

First 4 games at home.

Then only 1 home game in 6 weeks.

Then 2 home and 1 away the last 3 weeks in November.

Northern Illinois - Win: I think we can pull this one out by controlling the LOS.
Iowa State - Win: Being at Kinnick gives us the advantage and again, controlling the LOS.
UNI - Win: UNI just doesn't have the horses.
Wisconsin - Loss, of course: Wisky owns us lately and we all know Kirk will be playing not to lose in this one.
MN - Win: We'll bounce back after a tough loss the week prior.
IND - Loss: The inexplicable loss that shouldn't happen. We won't be able to keep up with Indiana's scoring.
MD - Win: Still don't think Maryland will have put it all together yet.
Penn State - Loss: Just overmatched and at Happy Valley.
Purdue - Loss: I think Brohm might actually have something brewing over in W Lafayette.
Northwestern - Win: Kirk will finally be pissed about losing to NW all of the time and go for the jugular.
IL - Win: No explanation needed here, right? Lovie has no idea how to run an offense.
Nebby - Win: It's at home and Nebraska and their arrogant fans will provide some great bulletin board material leading up to the game.

So 8-4. Typical Iowa season that's so-so. Could be worse, but should have been better considering the fairly weak schedule. No idea on the bowl game, but we'll probably get a touch match up.

Anything less than 9 wins next year is under-performing and I'll be pissed. Stop lowering the bar with threads like this that make it sound like 8-5 is all we can expect.

You guys do realize BEATHARDTEAMS is a Nebraska Troll right? Plus he is full of sh*t. Plus I think most Hawk fans now realize, that no matter who the coach is at Nebraska it is almost an automatic win any more. No line, no defense and they won't for years to come.

Anything less than 9 wins next year is under-performing and I'll be pissed. Stop lowering the bar with threads like this that make it sound like 8-5 is all we can expect.
If they get 9 wins, Gary's gonna give Brian a $5 million buyout.

Iowa has averaged 8 wins a year for the last 17 years under KF and would have averaged 8 wins a year under Fry for his last 18 years (if they played an additional game each year like we do now).

It isn't that people don't WANT more wins, I loved the 12 wins 2015 season. Most are simply saying that the data pretty much tells us that Iowa is gonna win 8 games 50% of the time, win more than 8 25% of the time and less than 8 25% of the time (roughly obviously).

This is about the easiest schedule we can possibly get. All of our "tough" matchups are at home except for PSU, and our other two B1G east draws are Indiana and Maryland. Anything less than 9 wins is an utter disappointment.

That said, I'm expecting an 8-4 regular season. We just have too many question marks and too little experience. If our passing game gets going I could see a 10 or 11 win season but I highly doubt that's going to happen.

Iowa has averaged 8 wins a year for the last 17 years under KF and would have averaged 8 wins a year under Fry for his last 18 years (if they played an additional game each year like we do now).

It isn't that people don't WANT more wins, I loved the 12 wins 2015 season. Most are simply saying that the data pretty much tells us that Iowa is gonna win 8 games 50% of the time, win more than 8 25% of the time and less than 8 25% of the time (roughly obviously).
That's fine, but which years are which its not random. You should win more than 8 when you have a favorable schedule and key pieces returning. We should win 9-10 next year. We won 12 in '15 because we had one of the easiest schedules of the last decade.

Northern Illinois - W
Iowa State - W
UNI - W
Wisky - L
MN - W
IND - W
MD - W
Penn State - L
Purdue - W
Northwestern - W
IL - W
Nebby - W

I don't see the Wisconsin or Penn State games being close. We don't play well at State Penn, and Wisconsin has owned us lately. I think Frost will improve Nebraska, but not to the point that they beat us at home next season. I'm also confident we will beat NW at home. I'm still not buying the Kyle Kempt we saw this past season. However, ISU has pulled off more surprising upsets over us so you can never feel too confident with that game.

Northern Illinois - W
Iowa State - W
UNI - W
Wisky - W
MN - W
IND - W
MD - W
Penn State - L
Purdue - W
Northwestern - W
IL - W
Nebby - W

11-1 (11-2 after losing to OSU in the B10 Championship

Wisconsin early in Kinnick...pay back for the embarrassment in Madison. Winner is West Champion.
As always, close games, but Stanley starts to play like 2015 Beathard in close games...that's my prediction.
Our defense will make MN and NW one dimensional. Purdue is a wildcard...Nebraska doesn't become physical in one season and playing them on Friday is to Iowa's advantage in the physicality department.
If the Oline stays healthy...and Stanley progresses in BF's system...special year.

You guys do realize BEATHARDTEAMS is a Nebraska Troll right? Plus he is full of sh*t. Plus I think most Hawk fans now realize, that no matter who the coach is at Nebraska it is almost an automatic win any more. No line, no defense and they won't for years to come.
This. Except for Nebby. It’s no longer an automatic win. It’s not going to be a blowout.

But anyone that thinks Frost is putting Nebby in West seat automatically is dumber than beathardteamsmeansnebbyisnt.

UCF wasn’t in the B10. Hasn’t proven yet he can do it at this level. It looks like he can but the glory days are never coming back beatnebby4of5

Okay I will play.

N Illinois - W
Iowa State - L
N Iowa - W
Wisconsin - L
@ Minnesota - W
@ Indiana - L
Maryland - W
@ Penn State - L
@ Purdue - L
Northwestern - W
@ Illinois - W
Nebraska - L

I am not set in stone here, but do I expect much improvement out of the Clowns, Purdue and the trailer park living Cornholers.

Northern Illinois - W
Iowa State - W
UNI - W
Wisky - W
MN - W
IND - W
MD - W
Penn State - L
Purdue - W
Northwestern - W
IL - W
Nebby - W

11-1 (11-2 after losing to OSU in the B10 Championship

Wisconsin early in Kinnick...pay back for the embarrassment in Madison. Winner is West Champion.
As always, close games, but Stanley starts to play like 2015 Beathard in close games...that's my prediction.
Our defense will make MN and NW one dimensional. Purdue is a wildcard...Nebraska doesn't become physical in one season and playing them on Friday is to Iowa's advantage in the physicality department.
If the Oline stays healthy...and Stanley progresses in BF's system...special year.

This, except, it won't be OSU, it will be a PSU rematch. We lose in OT in Happy Valley and the game has massive hype around it due to PSU's recent snub. They will be undefeated, what happens if Iowa wins? Do they both get in?
Record attendance in Indy and massively hyped game. Can Iowa and it's new staff compete? Can it's young players play on such a big stage so early in their careers?
Stay tuned........

Okay I will play.

N Illinois - W
Iowa State - L
N Iowa - W
Wisconsin - L
@ Minnesota - W
@ Indiana - L
Maryland - W
@ Penn State - L
@ Purdue - L
Northwestern - W
@ Illinois - W
Nebraska - L

I am not set in stone here, but do I expect much improvement out of the Clowns, Purdue and the trailer park living Cornholers.
I’ll pay off your mortgage if we lose all those games you have listed.

Latest posts