2018 schedule 7-5

That's fine, but which years are which its not random. You should win more than 8 when you have a favorable schedule and key pieces returning. We should win 9-10 next year. We won 12 in '15 because we had one of the easiest schedules of the last decade.

We won 12 in 2015 because BEATHARD threatened to transfer if he didn't start and he won the first five games with his feet and arm single handily, despite the play calling

I did not realize this until now, but there is a strange pattern of home and away games in 2018.

First 4 games at home.

Then only 1 home game in 6 weeks.

Then 2 home and 1 away the last 3 weeks in November.

At least they should be decent weather in September, although first ones can be hot. Would rather have one more in October, but just the way it played out with the ISU game in IC this year.

Keys will be the O line and linebackers. We will go how they go. And hopefully we have the punting improved.

Northern Illinois - W (we've lost before)
Iowa State - W (50/50)
UNI - W
Wisky - holy smokes... we play them first? L
MN - L
IND - W
MD - W
Penn State - L
Purdue - W
Northwestern - L
IL - W
Nebby - L

7-5

pretty standard for KF right?

maybe if we get one upset we have another 8-4 season?

Pretty reasonable. I'm waiting for this program to break through ...the way Wisky and Sparty has

God, I forgot about the punting. I wonder if we could have won at Northwestern and against Purdue based on better punting alone.

I'll be the first to admit that I've always overlooked the punter and even thought if Iowa didn't have a good one it wasn't a big deal. Having a good punter was a bonus.

After last year, I know better. Bad punting combined with bad punt returning cost Iowa a ton of yards and probably two games last season.

Northern Illinois - W - gives us more trouble than we expect but gets our butts in gear
Iowa State - W - Kinnick gives us an edge
UNI - W - They don't have David Johnson
Wisky - W - Alex Hornibrook throws 3 INTs in 10 attempts. That's enough to offset Jonathan Talyors 400 yards rushing.
MN - W - We break their Oars before the game so they can't row during "hate week"***
IND - W - Brian Ferentz special where he wins in a shootout 50-49
MD - W - Offensive line figures things out and we roll
Penn State - W - Joe Moorehead leaves bigger shoes to fill than expected
Purdue - W - Revenge
Northwestern - W - Revenge part II
IL - W - Lolinois
Nebby - W - F* Bo...oh wait. F* Nebraska.

There you have it. 12-0.

***All wins vacated at the end of the season after security footage shows that Brian Ferentz snuck into the Minnesota Boat House and broke all the oars. Shortly thereafter, it is revealed that he was given a 15 year contract extension with provisions guaranteeing a 5 year trail run as head coach.

God, I forgot about the punting. I wonder if we could have won at Northwestern and against Purdue based on better punting alone.

Not sure if ever been mentioned, but I believe we F'ed up the Purdue game by not taking the wind in Q1 which would have also given it to us in Q3. We needed momentum out of the gate.

I cant predict it anymore either.
I thought for sure last year would be much better. There was no doubt in my mind.
This year, the problem areas shift to interior line and LB. And the the WR corp is still the same.

I think with this schedule and how this team is building towards 2019 it should be a double digit win team. But then again, It is the Iowa "play not to lose" Hawkeyes. So we could easily be 500.
But with that buyout kicking in at 7 wins, that is the goal.

I guess what Im saying is anywhere from 7-5 to 11-1 regular season.
If we go 7-5, KF wins a bowl for $500k. So, 8-5.
8-4 nets a bowl loss. 8-5.
9-3 nets a bowl loss. 9-4.
10-2 nets a bowl loss. 10-3.
If we go 11-1, it will quickly turn into 11-3.

Sigh. I am already disgusted.

7-5. No passing game again, same head coach, same offensive coordinator. Lost the one and only playmaker we had on offense, Stanley is a statue that cannot run, lost Daniels. Starting 3 new linebackers, and have to replace Jackson on defense. Very easy schedule, but we won't be able to take advantage of it.

7-5. I think many underestimate just how much Akrum Wadley bailed this team out in 2017. That's not to say we don't have good backs..we do. But AW was a game and momentum changer.

7-5. No passing game again, same head coach, same offensive coordinator. Lost the one and only playmaker we had on offense, Stanley is a statue that cannot run, lost Daniels. Starting 3 new linebackers, and have to replace Jackson on defense. Very easy schedule, but we won't be able to take advantage of it.
I wonder if Kirk & Gary are working on any contract adjustments for Brian just to make sure they get ahead of any possible inclement weather in the future.