2017 Chicago Cubs Thread

The Cubs have signed lefthander Dario Alvarez. The Tribune is the only place there's an article about it. July 7th. 2016 he struck out the side. Szczur. Rizzo and Zobrist. He's had some trouble with walks.

I thought I heard it was the most ever for a reliever per year? He is getting near the end of his career not the beginning, I guess good for him. I'd still like us to pick up another reliever but hard to at this point. There are still a lot of solid free agents out there, with so many teams "rebuilding" and not wanting to spend money there are a ton of guys out there that normally would get scooped up. Hosmer, Cain, Moustakas etc. Kind of a weird offseason.
Darvish and Jake are still available too.

I thought I heard it was the most ever for a reliever per year? He is getting near the end of his career not the beginning, I guess good for him. I'd still like us to pick up another reliever but hard to at this point. There are still a lot of solid free agents out there, with so many teams "rebuilding" and not wanting to spend money there are a ton of guys out there that normally would get scooped up. Hosmer, Cain, Moustakas etc. Kind of a weird offseason.
Darvish and Jake are still available too.

27 million for Brian Shaw
27 million for Jake McGee
52 million for Wade Davis

I get that the new trend is to have these "super bullpens", but $106 million committed to 3 guys in the pen is insane. Bullpen guys flame out quickly, I don't see this working out well for the Rockies.

27 million for Brian Shaw
27 million for Jake McGee
52 million for Wade Davis

I get that the new trend is to have these "super bullpens", but $106 million committed to 3 guys in the pen is insane. Bullpen guys flame out quickly, I don't see this working out well for the Rockies.

No doubt, they aren't the Yankees, Red Sox or Cubs etc financially. Isn't Carlos Gonzalez a free agent also?

I’m getting antsy waiting for guys like Darvish, Arrieta, and Cobb to sign. I’m hoping the Cubs can land one of them. I’d also like to see a Russell for Machado swap.

I’m getting antsy waiting for guys like Darvish, Arrieta, and Cobb to sign. I’m hoping the Cubs can land one of them. I’d also like to see a Russell for Machado swap.
I just read an article about a Russell/Michael deal some time ago....how about when Bryce Harper is a free agent? He says he wants to end up with Bryant, could be a crazy damn line up

Some rumblings about the Cubs being in on Lorenzo Cain. We do need an Outfielder. Still a really good group of FA out there not signed, next couple weeks are gonna be interesting!

Latest posts