2017 Chicago Cubs Thread

Joe Maddon has forgot more about baseball than I will ever know, but I have many questions about his post season strategy.

I said going in to the series I felt like we were already down 0-1 before it started after that game Thurs night. That game really took a lot out of us and was probably the reason Davis wasn't in there last night in the 9th for a couple innings stint. Our bats have got to find a way to get going, no matter what our bullpen or starters do it won't matter if we don't score. Scoring early a little will help out pitchers not have to be so fine with every pitch also. It's hard to believe this day in age, when it seems like teams like the Yankees have 4 RHP in the pen all throwing smoke that we can't find any RHP worth a darn in our pen other than Davis.

It isn't the Cubs pitching. In 8 postseason games the Cubs have scored more than 3 runs exactly 1 time. Hard to win many games when you are scoring 1 and 2 runs a game.

It isn't the Cubs pitching. In 8 postseason games the Cubs have scored more than 3 runs exactly 1 time. Hard to win many games when you are scoring 1 and 2 runs a game.
I would say it's both! No hitting and No relief pitching. That's something the Dodgers do very well.

Delete your career Edwards
Seems like Edwards has this 'head thing' where he can't throw a strike when the batter bluffs a bunt. I noticed when the next batter after their pitcher walked came up to bat and didn't bluff the bunt, Edwards fired in immediate strikes. Did Edwards learn this from Lester?

Who is the Cubs team leader?

I think it is pretty obvious that both the Nats and Dodgers were both better all around baseball teams this year. Cubs managed to beat one of them, but won’t be able to get past the other.

I can live with that, we arent going to win a World Series every year just because we finally broke the drought.

Turn out the lights, the party'
I think it is pretty obvious that both the Nats and Dodgers were both better all around baseball teams this year. Cubs managed to beat one of them, but won’t be able to get past the other.

I can live with that, we arent going to win a World Series every year just because we finally broke the drought.
I agree but it is harder to take because they aren't playing up to their capabilities at the plate or the mound.

The Cubs look scared to me. They know it's the end if their season. They have beaten LA twice this year. I cannot believe the desperation I see on each of their faces. I've always said they're never out if a game, but, they truly are. LA's pitching is so damn good, it's scary good. We have no answer, and LA has it going on, aggressive at the plate, on the mound....Theo needs to somehow clean house in the relief department and spend some cash getting players in there that can get us back each year without looking like we dont belong there.

Turn out the lights, the party'

I agree but it is harder to take because they aren't playing up to their capabilities at the plate or the mound.

I don't agree really. The Dodgers are the best team in the NL. They have a good lineup and are doing well even without their best player in Seager. Their starting pitching is better, and their relief pitching is way, way, way, way better.

Latest posts