2016 PF Ryan Kriener Commits

what's wrong with Woody? It'd be great if he was even close to being as good as Woody. 4 year starter, a solid player and a HUGE piece in Iowa basketballs resurrection.

Woodbury has done a lot for Iowa basketball in the last three years. Hopefully, he will have a great senior season. I don't think Fran hands out scholarships unless he thinks the player has the potential to play at his level. Its up to the players to put in the work. It sounds like Kriener is going to get bigger before he gets to Iowa. He should be, at a minimum, a solid player for the hawkeyes.

After seeing his videos he doesn't remind me much of Woodbury at all.

Not a good comparison IMO.

For once I agree with RocknRolla... The only similarity Woodbury and Kriener have is that they are both big white guys from Iowa. That's going to get people to make comparisons, but if you actually watch their game it's different. Just look at the dunking... This video is from his junior year of high school. Woodbury can't get up like this:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4894522/highlights/259041375/v2

He has a long step, and long arms. Definitely likes to jam it thru. He doesn't hesitate. Takes it right to the hole

Latest posts