2015 Home Schedule is Terrible

Section136

Not sure of the other non-con games but its an odd year so Iowa would play in Ames.

B1G home games in 2015- Illinois, Purdue, Maryland and Minnesota.

Iowa also plays Pitt in Kinnick in 2015.

Full slate: Ill St.,Pitt,North Texas,Ill,PU,Md,Minny.

Ok, when do Pitt,Ill,PU and Minny become bad home games? Md is new kid on the block, but still a BCS school.

I understand that some fans want to see Michigan,OSU,Wisky and Neb. every season at Kinnick....like these other schools are second class citizens....just give me wins,and I love all of these games.

Ok, when do Pitt,Ill,PU and Minny become bad home games? Md is new kid on the block, but still a BCS school.

I understand that some fans want to see Michigan,OSU,Wisky and Neb. every season at Kinnick....like these other schools are second class citizens....just give me wins,and I love all of these games.

Minnesota is the game that does the most for me in 2015.

When did Pitt, Purdue and Illinois become good home games?

Right. Do you wanna win or play the best teams that you can't beat because they have superior talant than you (because Iowa will never be a Michigan or Ohio State because Iowa can't recruit against them because it's dumb for Iowa to recruit more than 8 hours from Iowa City)?

FreedComanche

Have been going to Iowa games for 47 years and am yet to not enjoy myself. The last Pitt game was great

I'm with Lasbur (although, not nearly as long - ha!), any game in Kinnick is a good time. However, with as lame sauce as the matchups are, it'll be interesting to hear GarBar try to sell the ticket price increase/mandatory Iclub donation for these gems.

No Mich, OSU or Penn State, means a less exciting schedule for me, and I think for a lot of others as well.

No Mich, OSU or Penn State, means a less exciting schedule for me, and I think for a lot of others as well.

I understand where you are coming from. But each year you have those three teams on your schedule, it's a guaranteed 2 losses minimum. I'd much rather play teams you have a good shot at beating.

FreedComanche

I understand where you are coming from. But each year you have those three teams on your schedule, it's a guaranteed 2 losses minimum. I'd much rather play teams you have a good shot at beating.
We owned Penn State until last year, and had beaten Michigan 3 years in a row. The only "guaranteed" loss could be viewed as OSU, but we played them to overtime in 2009 and to the wire in 2010. So, we had a "shot" at winning even those. I want to play the best of the best. Maybe that's just me.

We owned Penn State until last year, and had beaten Michigan 3 years in a row. The only "guaranteed" loss could be viewed as OSU, but we played them to overtime in 2009 and to the wire in 2010. So, we had a "shot" at winning even those. I want to play the best of the best. Maybe that's just me.

Yes, you make sense. I was talking going forward. Michigan and Ohio State are on the rise with two very good coaches. I don't think Iowa will beat those two teams as long as both coaches are there. Penn State, it's more probable that this game could be competetive because of their scholarship losses happening now.

But, yeah. You should want your team to play the best. That's the goal. But if Iowa did right now, they'd get embarrassed. Anybody that can reason will predict that Ohio State will totally demolish Iowa this year. It will be sickening to watch this game.

And I was just joking with you on that other thread. I don't think ferentz is the worst coach ever. I do not think he's a head coach at all. He's a good O-line coach. It's like a shot putter trying to be a sprinter. The shot putter is not the worst sprinter ever. He's not a sprinter at all.

FreedComanche

Damn it! Why the hell are we stuck with this intellectually-lazy scheduling system? There is no goddamned reason, other than pure laziness, that the 2015 conference schedule needs to be a mirror of the 2014 schedule!

Given the current multi-year downward trend how can any objective fan turn up their nose at any other B1G home opponent?

Given the current state of the program what right does any fan have to be so uppity about who's on the home slate?

Since when are we that much better than all the other perceived to be inferior B1G programs?

It's a long fall off that high horse.

Given the current multi-year downward trend how can any objective fan turn up their nose at any other B1G home opponent?

Given the current state of the program what right does any fan have to be so uppity about who's on the home slate?

Since when are we that much better than all the other perceived to be inferior B1G programs?

It's a long fall off that high horse.

Who said theyre inferior programs? Id rather watch Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan State, Penn State etc............than ******* Maryland and Purdue all year in Iowa City

We owned Penn St with Jo pa and mich with rich rod they have new coaches now way different story

Not sure of the other non-con games but its an odd year so Iowa would play in Ames.

B1G home games in 2015- Illinois, Purdue, Maryland and Minnesota.

Then dont go to the games. give your tickets away or dont buy tickets. I have never seen Maryland play live and at Kinnick, Minny is always a pumped up game. I just want to see them crush Illinois and Purdue.

Latest posts