2015 Home Schedule is Terrible

Who said theyre inferior programs? Id rather watch Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan State, Penn State etc............than ******* Maryland and Purdue all year in Iowa City

Nobody specifically said it. Granted - I took some liberties with an assumption. I can imagine there are many different reasons why one would rather watch an OSU game as compared to Maryland or Purdue to use your example. With that in mind tell us why you prefer the former over the latter.

So, when a Hawkeye fan is sitting in Kinnick Stadium on a fall day, and the Hawks are playing Illinois instead of MSU or OSU, suddenly the game itself is not as fun, not as cool, not as important?

Illinois is a border rival,who we have not played for 6 years,and we play OSU the last two years, but OSU is so much important? We do not know right now if OSU will even be eligible to win a Big Ten Title in 2015...they might be back on probation. Same with Michigan...both schools have been on probation recently. Why are cheaters so attractive as opponents? Why not stick to the schools that follow the rules? Should Iowa start paying players to be able to compete with the OSU's who pay their players?

Screw OSU and Michigan....

Yes, you make sense. I was talking going forward. Michigan and Ohio State are on the rise with two very good coaches. I don't think Iowa will beat those two teams as long as both coaches are there. Penn State, it's more probable that this game could be competetive because of their scholarship losses happening now.

But, yeah. You should want your team to play the best. That's the goal. But if Iowa did right now, they'd get embarrassed. Anybody that can reason will predict that Ohio State will totally demolish Iowa this year. It will be sickening to watch this game.

And I was just joking with you on that other thread. I don't think ferentz is the worst coach ever. I do not think he's a head coach at all. He's a good O-line coach. It's like a shot putter trying to be a sprinter. The shot putter is not the worst sprinter ever. He's not a sprinter at all.

FreedComanche

FFS. Iowa's going to lose anyway. I'd prefer it be to Ohio State than Central Michigan. Lots less embarrassing that way.

We need to use the money we save after the coach buyout to buyout these conference games and replace them with home games against real opponents like Alabama or Florida.

Then dont go to the games. give your tickets away or dont buy tickets. I have never seen Maryland play live and at Kinnick, Minny is always a pumped up game. I just want to see them crush Illinois and Purdue.

I think I will keep buying tickets. Thanks for the advice though.

Who said theyre inferior programs? Id rather watch Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan State, Penn State etc............than ******* Maryland and Purdue all year in Iowa City

I'd want to watch Iowa win. 5 years later, no one will care if they beat Maryland, Purdue, Illinois and Minnesota, and win 5 other games, they'll just remember they won 9 games.

I'd want to watch Iowa win. 5 years later, no one will care if they beat Maryland, Purdue, Illinois and Minnesota, and win 5 other games, they'll just remember they won 9 games.

Folks, this man gets it. If college football is mostly about money, well, you ain't gonna get much if you don't win. Unless, of course, Iowa is content receiving just the dough from the big ten network.

FreedComanche

The home schedule may look boring, but you must admit '14 & '15 are shaping up for a couple divisional runs and possibly a trip to the CCG. Now if that doesn't excite you, check your pulse... Cuz you may have passed away, and nobody has told you yet.

The home schedule may look boring, but you must admit '14 & '15 are shaping up for a couple divisional runs and possibly a trip to the CCG. Now if that doesn't excite you, check your pulse... Cuz you may have passed away, and nobody has told you yet.

I don't know about that...

Indeed, it does improve our chances of being better than 4-8, but I don't envision us being "B10 championship game" better. Definitely not.

Your right about the old part and wrong about likeing early games. But at Kinnick I like any game. Thats the way Iowa fans are
You're old and probably like the early games, but most of us hate them, and that's what all of these look like to me.

Freed I dont think we have lost the Fan Base, or the Big Givers. Now another 4 win season might change that. But dont think that the general fan base is as fickle as the people on this board.
Folks, this man gets it. If college football is mostly about money, well, you ain't gonna get much if you don't win. Unless, of course, Iowa is content receiving just the dough from the big ten network.

FreedComanche

We could go undefeated in 2015 and not be one of the teams selected for the playoffs with that schedule.

We could go undefeated in 2015 and not be one of the teams selected for the playoffs with that schedule.

We'd definitely get beat out by a 1 (or maybe even 2) loss SEC team. I don't think we'll have to worry about going undefeated though. :)

This thread is truly incredible: The schedule is horrible...too easy! So, it will be no fun to watch us win! But, we probably won't win anyway, since Gary Barta is to blame for the scheduling and KF can't coach. Therefore, we should be playing Michigan, OSU and PSU every year. Then the trolls will all be peeing in their pants, since we will never beat these teams again, which will allow them to attack KF or whomever our new football coach turns out to be. Here is some breaking news: We were placed in the west division by the conference. The conference determined the schedule that will be in place until we go to a 9 game conference schedule. Then, there will be a new schedule. The conference will determine that one, too. So, will the troll patrol, lead by crazy Comanche and out of your mind hawk please start their own thread so they can continue to blast KF and GB to their hearts' content and so that no one else will have to wade through their nonsense to find a reasonable, entertaining, factual post.

Freed I dont think we have lost the Fan Base, or the Big Givers. Now another 4 win season might change that. But dont think that the general fan base is as fickle as the people on this board.

Neither do I. Sorry if I gave that impression.

I mean, in general, no matter who the coach is - it will be tougher for Iowa to have winning seasons if they play the big boys in the future. If they avoid the big boys that means a higher probability of winning seasons and winning always = more money from various entities.

FreedComanche

Latest posts