2014 basketball class

Ya your right, I would love Nairn or Austin. They have a pretty nice list of offers. ( I don't know why but it does nothing when I press the enter key on this site). But I'm just going off what I read from others on boards and maybe an article ( to lazy to look) on Ulis. I've read that Michigan St. is his dream school and that they offered a little while ago. That said, I wouldn't put anything past Mccaffery and Francis, they've done a hell of job recruiting in these past few years. Plus having a season like I think we'll have next year won't hurt either.

Oh and saw that Malik Yarbrough is visiting in June. He is committed to Illinois, for now? But looks like a good one, he's 6'5 and from what I read athletic and a hustler.

That said, I wouldn't put anything past Mccaffery and Francis, they've done a hell of job recruiting in these past few years. Plus having a season like I think we'll have next year won't hurt either.

This wont do anything in regards to the Class of 2014, unless Iowa's top targets wait until the Spring to sign their LOI's. They can sign starting in November.

If Iowa has a great season this year like many are expecting, it could pay dividends with the 2015 class.

Oh and saw that Malik Yarbrough is visiting in June. He is committed to Illinois, for now? But looks like a good one, he's 6'5 and from what I read athletic and a hustler.

Bad info. Yarbrough is not committed to Illinois. They have an offer out to him,along with 13 others...he is way down their list.

As for Ulis and Harris....Iowa is in good shape with them. The Suntimes article this weekend quotes his AAU coach singling out Iowa as being in on him first. Ulis is in play,not sure if he fits MSU's physlcal style,want to run more,like Iowa.

As for Ulis and Harris....Iowa is in good shape with them. The Suntimes article this weekend quotes his AAU coach singling out Iowa as being in on him first. Ulis is in play,not sure if he fits MSU's physlcal style,want to run more,like Iowa.
MSU may play a physical style, but they also like to run about as much as anyone else. They get the ball down the court quickly, even after made baskets.

MSU does run,but their trademark is very physical defense, and they have never featured a sub-5'10'' point guard under Izzo. Ulis's cousin Travis Walton attended MSU so obviously Tyler followed them, but his other Walton cousin is entering Michigan as their star pg prospect next fall,so it is not like the Waltons are strictly an MSU clan.

Iowa under Fran will play more wide open than Izzo at MSU,which is why Tyler likes Iowa.

Lots of rumors out there that we have a transfer shooting guard committed.

Genesis of the rumor seems to be a vague report that Darrell Davis claims that we are no longer recruiting him and that he was told by our staff that this is the reason why.

Here; have a grain of salt.

Genesis of the rumor seems to be a vague report that Darrell Davis claims that we are no longer recruiting him and that he was told by our staff that this is the reason why.

Come on Gilbert, who do ya think it may be?? I know you have some ideas. #Moresaltplease

wouldn't that be interesting!

also, with such a full roster, it's nice not to have to hit a homerun with every player in this class. and, if we have a year like we're capable of (though i'm holding off on drinking the kool-aid for now) the 2015 class could be awesome too.

also, and i know this isn't generally how Fran has operated while here, but he could hold a schollie or two open and see about landing a high level player during the spring period, having all year to recruit some of the really big fish.

Honestly couldn't say. My first thought was Johnny Woodard, but the scuttlebutt seems to be that it's a D1 guy, not a JUCO.

Dunno, who were our swings and misses at the 2 in the last couple of years?

According to scout.com Iowa is the first high major program to offer 6'4" SG Delshon Strickland out of MN. Looks like an incredibly gifted athlete and appears to have a nice three point stroke.

Delshon Strickland Highlights - HardwoodElite.com - YouTube

[video=youtube;7w9iv8Ynfwg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7w9iv8Ynfwg#![/video]

If this kid's recruiting heats up in the months ahead, I will find out more about him if I can. I know one of the bball coache and am close with a lot of teachers at his school. One thing I will put out there right now is that the athletics program at his school has been making concerted efforts lately to emphasize Christian character development. Take that fwiw.

My best guess would be Jeremy Adams, 6-4, SG, Jr., Transferring from - Colorado (can play immediately). He's the only guard on this list showing interest from Iowa. He's graduating and looking to pursue a master's in industrial organizational psychology. I'm too lazy to check UI's grad-programs offered, but he could be the guy.

2013 Transfer List: Updated Edition -- Nearly 425 players - CBSSports.com

Men's basketball: Jeremy Adams leaving CU Buffs - Boulder Daily Camera

a) Methinks we can do better.

b) Why would we stop recruiting Darrel Davis, who wouldn't get here until '14-'15, for a kid who's only going to play in '13-'14?

Just to feed to monkey, here are some random possibilities:

Sheldon Mclellan, So. 6'4", Texas
Justin Edwards, So. 6'3", Maine
Anrio Adams, Fr. 6'3", Kansas
Taran Buie, So. 6'3", Hofstra
Justin Seymour, Fr. 6'3, Utah
L.J. Rose, Fr. 6'4", Baylor
Julien Lewis, So. 6'3", Texas

Last edited:
If this kid's recruiting heats up in the months ahead, I will find out more about him if I can. I know one of the bball coache and am close with a lot of teachers at his school. One thing I will put out there right now is that the athletics program at his school has been making concerted efforts lately to emphasize Christian character development. Take that fwiw.

Which isn't very much.

Another possibility for the mystery transfer could be Brian Greene Jr. He announced he was transferring from Auburn about a month ago and I know we recruited him out of high school. He is also from Illinois IIRC.