2014 basketball class

Ulis wouldn't really play much with White, a year is the most. So as you mentioned, good running mates at the 6'7+ range in the same class is really who we need to be concerned about matching him with.
I saw yesterday we are in Collier's final 3. He is 6'2 if I remember right and 4* athlete, don't rule out him being a great get if we could. We've been on him for a long time.

That is true. I have just long thought we have a better chance with Ulis than we do Collier or Larry Austin. Any true point right now would be great. Ulis is more of a scoring point but with the handles and quickness he has there really isn't anything he can't do.

As JHHawk mentioned, I am inside the school. I speak with him almost every day, always pumping up Fran, the program, and Iowa City in general. He's a really good kid. No ego about him. Impressive to say when this week Izzo, Painter, Brad Stevens, Craig Robinson and Fran were all through to see him.

According to what I'm told Izzo not only still won't offer, but is kind of aloof about the whole thing. Definitely not sitting well with Ulis, his family or his coaches. Head coach really likes Fran and is in favor of him coming to Iowa City.

I'm pushing hard boys, let's hope I can get it done!

Don't push the wrong way as recruiting violations really stink...

As JHHawk mentioned, I am inside the school. I speak with him almost every day, always pumping up Fran, the program, and Iowa City in general. He's a really good kid. No ego about him. Impressive to say when this week Izzo, Painter, Brad Stevens, Craig Robinson and Fran were all through to see him.

According to what I'm told Izzo not only still won't offer, but is kind of aloof about the whole thing. Definitely not sitting well with Ulis, his family or his coaches. Head coach really likes Fran and is in favor of him coming to Iowa City.

I'm pushing hard boys, let's hope I can get it done!

Was that triple confirmed or just double confirmed that Izzo won't offer?

Some folks are thinking that Ulis is a PG that is "too small." Um... He's probably the same height as Pierre Jackson that just SMOKED us in the NIT final for Baylor. If Ulis can Shoot, he would have to be a priority. doesn't matter if he can't guard other "elite" team's PG - our current PG's can't guard them, either. what we need is that super-quick ball handler that can penetrate and kick it out.

This is an ENORMOUSLY important recruiting class. In order to keep ascending, theoretically we have to come up with a better class than the 3 kids we are losing: Marble, Besabe & McCabe. That is a lot of production. Not sure it is realistic to come up with 3 better players than the 3 we are losing...

One more thing - Does anyone know if Lourauls nairn is a Bass or a Baritone?

"You'll never find ..."

Last edited:
Some folks are thinking that Ulis is a PG that is "too small." Um... He's probably the same height as Pierre Jackson that just SMOKED us in the NIT final for Baylor. If Ulis can Shoot, he would have to be a priority. doesn't matter if he can't guard other "elite" team's PG - our current PG's can't guard them, either. what we need is that super-quick ball handler that can penetrate and kick it out.

This is an ENORMOUSLY important recruiting class. In order to keep ascending, theoretically we have to come up with a better class than the 3 kids we are losing: Marble, Besabe & McCabe. That is a lot of production. Not sure it is realistic to come up with 3 better players than the 3 we are losing...

One more thing - Does anyone know if Lourauls nairn is a Bass or a Baritone?

"You'll never find ..."

His first name is actually - literally - spelled "Lourawls." Daddy must have been a romantic.

Couple tweets from last night, looking like Collier is off the board now and is committing to Colorado. Need to give Ulis everything we got.

Its not looking good for the two I was hoping for, Ulis and Malek Harris. Harris was predicted to sign with Marquette by one of the insiders on 247 and there usually right. Would love Ulis but from what I'm reading, we might need to go plan B.

Last edited:
Its not looking good for the two I was hoping for, Ulis and Malek Harris. Harris was predicted to sign with Marquette by one of the insiders on 247 and there usually right. Would love Ulis but from what I'm reading, we might need to go plan B.

Fran doesn't operate in a traditional plan a-b-c manner. If that was the case, Ulis would have already been plan C behind Tyus Jones and Dominique Collier.

He casts a wide net and tries to reel in the best available players. If Ulis bails, we still have Lourawls Nairn and Larry Austin in the mix. Neither of those guys is a "plan b" recruit.

What are you reading on Ulis and where are you reading it?

Latest posts