2013 Recruiting Offers / Interests

All I can say is thank you Fran n company! I knew we would be better this year. Just the stability and improvement in the last month gives me somthn to do besides snowboard and wait 4 football over the winter 4 the 1st time since Deano n company. Go Hawks!! Love'n Devon,White,Cartwright, Gatens n company! Keep it up!

Has the list at the beginning of this thread been updated lately? It'd be interesting to see who Iowa is after for the 2013 class.

schalorship offers out are limited to the possibility of only having 1 ride to give, If Fran banks one to have 2 to give out next yearv there very easily be a couple more offers go out, as a rule BB offers are very limited by all coach, most offer 5-7 total depending upon class size.
currently Fran has offered 4; with just one ride to give unless he banks one
PG 6'3 Duane Wilson from Wisconsin 3* top 150
SG 6'6 Peter Jok from DM 3* unranked
SF 6'9 Akoy Agua from Nebraska 3* unranked
PF 6'9 Kyle Washingtom from Minnesota 3* top 150
these are from Rivals rankings

Last edited:
sportstalent were you able to watch him in the championship game yesterday vs. east? i watched him play paige and linn mar in the semis last year when he was a sophomore and i thought this kid could be good then i watched him last night and thought wow i cant wait to see what he does next year if he really puts the time in to become great over the summer!

"sportstalent were you able to watch him in the championship game yesterday vs. east? i watched him play paige and linn mar in the semis last year when he was a sophomore and i thought this kid could be good then i watched him last night and thought wow i cant wait to see what he does next year if he really puts the time in to become great over the summer!"

he shot the ball well. has good length. That said, I saw him in the 1st half and he did not overwhelm me w/ his ability. Saw Ames play couple yrs ago in st tourny, and he is nowhere near McD or Barnes in H.S. Also, S.C. East did not have a lot they could put on him. Again, he is a good shooter, and has nice length.

sportstalent were you able to watch him in the championship game yesterday vs. east? i watched him play paige and linn mar in the semis last year when he was a sophomore and i thought this kid could be good then i watched him last night and thought wow i cant wait to see what he does next year if he really puts the time in to become great over the summer!

Mabey he will have a great enough summer to draw Roy Williams to town.

Iowa has had nice success with legacy Hawks sending their sons to play at Iowa. Stokes has already exceeded my expectations as a walk on and obviously both Marble & Gatens have been huge. Now I have only been able to watch 1 game of Morgan but he was impressive and I was also impressed with Alexander and Lohaus. I will trust Fran and his staff to evaluate the talent but it would be neat to see Morgan in an Iowa uniform along with Lohaus in the 2014 class. Everyone seems to think Alexander will go the football route but he may end up at Iowa as well.

No I didn't, if there was a live stream, I missed it as well. Living in Michigan I don't get back to Iowa much...also, I coach and we are really ramping up our offseason program right now, so I was in the gym a ton over the weekend.
That said, I am trying to figure out if I can go and watch Anthony Clemmons, I think he will be playing within an hour of me this week, haven't looked at the schedule yet. I know it is a different thread, but I want to go see him play, if I can.
Thanks for the info!

Clemmons is a much better than average ball handler, although he is not the primary ball hadler for Sexton, unless the score is close. The score was fairly close tonight for them. Clemmons handled the ball a lot in the 4th quarter tonight and didn't have any problems against a very athletic Dearborn Robichaud team.
Here is the story with Clemmons tonight, he struggled in the first quarter, but so did his team they scored a whole 8 points as Robichaud stole balls that they normally don't get stolen. Clemmons had 3 to's in the first quarter and missed all his shots, two wide open layups (Sexton as a team missed at least 15 layups, I lost count it was so many, that is the last number I remember).
Second quarter Clemmons showed up to play, he handled the ball against pressure with no worries, he scored 4 pts in the quarter, but he is definitely a pass first player.
Third Quarter he just played, not a good or bad thing. Just solid on both ends.
Fourth Quarter he took over on the defensive end, back to back steals at one point, with one an overplay in a passing lane that he had to save on the end line to a teammate, very impressive athletic play. Late in the fourth he blocked a shot to half-court was to the ball before the shooter knew where it went, took off like a rocket and dribbled three times and jammed it home.
Overall, Clemmons was impressive he had 12 pts, but he doesn't force anything, he did take some ill-advised shots in traffic. Robichaud had a 6-9 Center that contested everything and it bothered all the Sexton players when they went to the lane...the 6-9 kid is Khaliq Spicer, he had interest in Iowa, not sure if it was mutual, but if Robichaud would have given him the ball, he could score at will. After seeing Spicer play, he is going to be a much better than average MAC player as I believe he has signed with Kent State.
The most impressive thing about Clemmons was the way he could elevate and I am not talking how high, he gets of the groud extremely quick, I remember he had two blocked shots tonight, both on three point attempts.
Clemmons always appears under control and he is put together, not a thin kid by any imagination, looked like he could play a whole other game after the one tonight, he didn't look winded at all.
Defensively, had to judge, Robichaud kept trying to attack other players off the dribble including Valentine (who will fit right in at MSU with all the crying he does on the court, just amazing, he reminded me of Ty Crane in Coach Carter). Lets just say that Clemmons was not challenged on defense.

Thanks for the update on Clemmons! Was that the quartefinal game to get to the championship game? Clemmons is going to be a very welcome addition next year. I think, at times, we will see Anthony & Mike in the backcourt at the same time. It will be interesting... Anthony, Mike, Roy, AW & Mel on the court at the same time will be a good defensive lineup that can score. Fran rocks!

Looks like you guys can add another one to the board, Ryan James has confirmed that Iowa has offered 2013 PF Kyle Washington (Hotchkiss, CT), formerly from Minnesota.

Recruit Lists Washington, Kyle

I know Kyle well. (great kid) Barring a major change, there is no way he is coming to Iowa. We (his former teachers) miss him a lot. I would love to see him in black and gold, but it's not gonna happen.

he shot the ball well. has good length. That said, I saw him in the 1st half and he did not overwhelm me w/ his ability. Saw Ames play couple yrs ago in st tourny, and he is nowhere near McD or Barnes in H.S. Also, S.C. East did not have a lot they could put on him. Again, he is a good shooter, and has nice length.

Well how many Barnes/McD come along though? Barnes is most likely a lottery pick and McD was an All-American...with that said, how do you feel Morgan projects?
He is a junior, does he have ability? What are the odds he just gets better? Also, if he is a good shooter with length, I will take that at this point.

The next question is, is he athletic enough to play defense?

Latest posts