2012 Ticket Prices Announced

Anybody know how much you have to donate in order to get season tickets? Or does donating just get you better seats?

If you've never donated, you're not guaranteed tickets by donating.

You're better off asking a donor to buy your tickets for you, and whatever the mandatory per seat donation is for your set of tix, cover that for him as well. If you do it this way, you'll get a set of 2 season tickets, around the 20 yd. line, west side, for about $1,700-$1,800. These are good tickets. It's about where I sit. You can get closer to the 50, and I think I'm going to this year, I believe your mandatory per seat donation goes up in increments of $200.00 the closer you get. I don't recall the specific yard lines where the prices change.

The only reason I can get closer is the 17 sets, which amounts to between $5K-$7.5K donation to the U. And the guy we use, who goes to the games with me, has been a season ticket holder, for multiple sports, for 40 years.

If I gave them $7,500 in my name this year, I'm not sure what I would get on my own. It's getting expensive to attend Iowa football games. I think if you want to risk it, it's cheaper to scalp in front of Kinnick. Kinnick scalped ticket prices are seldom too bad, notwithstanding the comment about Nebraska. People will pay big on the internet, but if you wait until right before kickoff, even big games are doable by the scalping method.

I scalp for all away games, except Nebraska and the Soldier Field games. Even at Ohio State and Michigan, if I buy through the U, I go and trade up with a scalper. Iowa away game, and bowl game tickets are not good seats.

If you're close to CR, I'd consider doing this for you. It does help me, as we buy 17 sets, and they are mostly spoken for, but it helps our donation level for parking.

And no, I don't make one cent. You have to pay by June I believe, two separate dates, one for the cost of tickets, and another date for the donation, seat backs, if you want them, etc.

It's the best way, to get decent seats, if you've never donated before. I've done it for years.

Single game tickets are also first offered to donors. Kind of interesting, I purchased some single game tickets for Michigan last year, for $80 I believe, and they sat on about the 50, east side. I sit on about the 25 west side, and after my mandatory donation, my ticket cost for the same game is about $110-$125 per seat. Not very fair to the donors, but does make some game affordable to the non-donors (IF, you can actually get the tickets).

So, when they say the game is sold out, and no more tickets available, that's not quite the truth. One time, the ABC Ohio State game, every seat was gone. T U holds back tickets for donors, and special guests. They have several boxes upstairs.

So I do these things for fans. One time I sent two kid's families from the Ronald McDonald House. Anyway, if you want to slip me $10 for my trouble (and it is a hassle), that's cool, but I'm not out to make money.

Tailgate in the stadium lot. Easy to find. I'm sober.

Kinnick wasn't full for the Purdue game the week after we beat Penn State in 2008. Y'all missed some sick runs by Shonn Greene.

I don't remember Kinnick not being full for that game, but I don't remember that game either.

2008, didn't it spit snow and ice at almost every home game in both October and November?

So what your saying is these games may get sold out even before offered to the public?

That is crazy, I can't afford to "donate" money like that just for the right to purchase season tickets.

So what your saying is these games may get sold out even before offered to the public?

That is crazy, I can't afford to "donate" money like that just for the right to purchase season tickets.

Single game, and away game tickets are offered to donors first. After that, if any are left over, they use first come, first serve.

It is possible that they could be gone before offered to the general public.

You see how long my post was? It's complicated, and a big hassle. And expensive. I couldn't afford it either, unless we buy 17 sets, that's the only way I can do it.

If you want the single games they are offering, you're best way is to have a donor buy them, when they are offered to donors.

The money to pay our new big time DC, DL, OC hires has to come from somewhere. Nobody is gonna work for pennies like Norm did.

Endzone and goal line on the side tickets do no require an additional donation.

If you don't care where you sit donate the minimum to the I-Club($50) and you might get them.

I'm not sure a donation to the I Club gets you anything? Does it? I've never given anything to them, we write the check directly to the U of I ticket office, and the U of I Foundation.

Not being smart, but I thought there was some convoluted point system. Does an I Club contribution go towards your points?

Endzone and goal line on the side tickets do no require an additional donation.

Thanks. I forgot about that.

Seriously, buying out in front of Kinnick on game day, right before kick-off is an option, and a viable one. I used to do this for almost every home game before I got in with Mr. 17 tickets guy.

Last edited:

I have a friend who does not donate, never has actually, and applied for 2 season tickets last year and got them. Seats are in the endzone, but at least he has tickets. So as long as you are seeking only 2, maybe 3 or 4 tickets, you have a decent chance of getting tix.

wait, I thought only ISU price gouged for Iowa? weird...

What are you talking about? The difference between the Iowa State game and the cheapest game is $15

Meanwhile, the difference between the Iowa game in Ames and their next most expensive ticket is between $25-65 depending on where you sit.

And I have no problem with ISU doing this. As I said in a previous post, you only lower prices if people aren't willing to pay for it. It's pretty clear plenty are willing to pay $90 a ticket to see the ISU and Iowa game in Ames.

So what your saying is these games may get sold out even before offered to the public? That is crazy, I can't afford to "donate" money like that just for the right to purchase season tickets.
I have a friend who does not donate, never has actually, and applied for 2 season tickets last year and got them. Seats are in the endzone, but at least he has tickets. So as long as you are seeking only 2, maybe 3 or 4 tickets, you have a decent chance of getting tix.

This, but you would have a better chance by donating but it isn't required to get seats.

If you think about it the market demand for the Nebraska game makes the overall package worth at least that much more than a regular schedule based on demand. If the demand wasn't there they couldn't charge more.

Does it suck they raise prices after a mediocre season? Yes. Will Kinnick still be full on Saturday's next fall? Yes. As long as they keep winning. A couple of more just above .500 seasons and we might see if things change.

Those tickets are at 70 dollars. That's typical for a game against Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin, or Penn State. That game isn't the cause for the increase.

No No No...Long time reader first time poster. That whole Vin being banned and me joining on the same day is a coinkeydink.

Latest posts