2012 Ticket Prices Announced

Thanks. I forgot about that.

Seriously, buying out in front of Kinnick on game day, right before kick-off is an option, and a viable one. I used to do this for almost every home game before I got in with Mr. 17 tickets guy.

I have went that route before, had success. But it seems like a lot of others do the same thing as last years Northwestern game had a bunch of people lined up looking for deals. There was not a ticket to be found for under $100.

Two years ago I purchased season tickets for the first time. I donated $50 and it worked for me. Tickets are in the endzone but if you're only looking to get in the game this is what I would try.

This will be my fourth year buying season tickets and I have tried adding 2 additional tickets to my original pair the last two years and have been denied.

Hopefully will be able to add a couple more this year, but Im not holding my breath because of Nebraska on the schedule.

I have went that route before, had success. But it seems like a lot of others do the same thing as last years Northwestern game had a bunch of people lined up looking for deals. There was not a ticket to be found for under $100.

Yes. There are those games. Night games, and big games tend to be tougher. I've considered going back to doing this, and only attending some of the games.

In many ways, I enjoy the road games more than the home games now. At home, I've made my tailgate smaller, partly due to cost, and partly because it is a hassle.

I'm not sure a donation to the I Club gets you anything? Does it? I've never given anything to them, we write the check directly to the U of I ticket office, and the U of I Foundation.

Not being smart, but I thought there was some convoluted point system. Does an I Club contribution go towards your points?

Donatitons to the I-Club do count to your priority points. I donated one year several years ago when I already had tickets and have not donated since. I have had season tickets for 8 years and donated $50 once. I sit in section 101 on the sideline.
If you are looking to try and get tickets for the first time, contact the ticket office and request and application. They usually send those out in February or March. They will send you the app, complete the app knowing where you want to sit and if there is a donation required. Make sure you write on the app what you are willing to donate and turn it in before the deadline. There is at least a chance you get them, not likely but a chance. If you are alumni you get an additional 10 priority points (Which puts you ahead of any new ticket requests for non-alumni). I would recommend offering to donate something and sit in the non-donation required sections. That should add priority points for you and give you a leg up on those applications that are not donating and looking to get the same seats.
Not saying the new request will be filled or not, but that is the best way to try, unless you are willing to pony up a $1k or more.

Endzone and goal line on the side tickets do no require an additional donation.

Yep, and I have had these tickets for years. I will not donate money until I can afford to donate a couple grand and move to real good seats.
We currently have about the best seats we can get without donating. I sit in 101 row 51 on the aisle nearest the goaline. The people across the aisle from me have all had to donate to get their seats. I did not. Now, I am alumni and have had tickets for 8 years plus 3 years with student tickets, and have donated once in 8 years to the I-Club.
The thing about the donations is if you donate once you keep those priority points as long as you have tickets even if you don't donate again. So I would offer a donation just to get tickets in a non-donation required area. Then after you get the tickets you don't have to donate again unless you want to change your seat location.

thanks for the info., especially golfer. It makes me really appreciate even moreso, having several generous friends that have good (well, super great) seats, and occasionally have extra pairs of tix. also, towards those anonymous holders that allow us to scalp at face value for good seats when that need arises.

until my own kids are grown and out of saturday morning events, it makes no sense to try and make it to every game. now if they could just go back to that 1:00 kickoff for all games...

Latest posts