2012 End-of-Year Transfer List

IAJay

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/18443369/2012-end-of-year-updated-transfer-list-300-plus-and-growingIt is always interesting to see where some of Iowa's old targets have gone, and in this case left. Also, there is an obscene amount of transfers these days.

Transfers of Interest:

Chip Armelin, 6-3, G, Soph., Minnesota

Kelsey Barlow, 6-5, SG, Jr., Purdue

Carlton Brundidge, 6-1, G, Fr., Michigan

Colton Christian, 6-6, F, Soph., Michigan

Matt Glover, 6-4, G, Soph., Penn State

Trey Lewis, 6-1, G, Fr., Penn State - CLEVELAND STATE

Trent Lockett, 6-4, SG, Jr., Arizona State - may return to ASU

JeVon Lyle, 6-2, G, Fr., Northern Iowa

Josiah Moore, 6-6, G, Fr., Nebraska

Jordan Railey, 6-10, C, Soph., Iowa State

Rayvonte Rice, 6-4, G, Soph., Drake - Illinois, Kansas State, Va, USC, Xavier, Nebraska, Missouri

Tavon Sledge, 5-9, PG, Fr., Iowa State - IONA

David Smith, 6-4, G, Soph., Drake

Evan Smotrycz, 6-9, F, Soph., Michigan - Maryland, Colorado, Providence

Donivine Stewart, 5-11, G, Fr., Bradley - SIU-EDWARDSVILLE (solid Lick target)

Brandon Stubbs, 6-2, PG, Soph., Iowa (walk-on)

Wes Washpun, 6-0, G, Fr., Tennessee - Northern Iowa, Creighton

Judd Welfringer, 6-5, G, Fr., Drake

Last edited:
Is there any word of potential transfers visiting IC of late?? For that matter, are there any visitors transfers or not, that have been noticed in IC?

The Spring Game would be a good time to showcase the school & city. Not to mention the fan support from the Hawkeye faithful...

Thanks for the list. Interesting Glover is leaving PSU. If memory serves, he was the kid we passed on once the staff locked down Hubbard. Having watched Glover play quite a few times, I am glad we passed and expect him to transfer down a level or two. Solid defender and hustle player, but 0 offensive skills.

Rice leaving Drake is interesting also. He must want to play at a higher level?? It will be interesting to see where Barlow lands. Shocked ISU isn't on his short list.

Sterling Gibbs is transferring too. SG that played at Texas last year. From the east coast and played on the NY Panthers AAU team.

Had a ton of offers out of HS, wonder if Fran has any chance on him. Maybe the kid goes back to the east coast.

Sterling Gibbs is transferring too. SG that played at Texas last year. From the east coast and played on the NY Panthers AAU team.

Had a ton of offers out of HS, wonder if Fran has any chance on him. Maybe the kid goes back to the east coast.

Didn't he say it was 100% to get back to be closer to his family?

Barlow isn't that good. That's probably why.

He wasn't bad, good defender and could get to the rim. maybe Fred just decided that this may be going to the well one too many times. I would say it was a good call to not have any interest in this one. Big head case.

I'm not saying Barlow is bad. I'm just saying I don't think he's good enough to tie a scholarship up for 2 years to get one year of play out of him. He's not THAT good.

What's with all the kids leaving Michigan? I've been a little out of it the past couple weeks and probably missed a thread or two on this.

Also, somewhat of a tangent, but wasn't Fran interested in a guard from New York last year or possibly even the year before that? Can't recall if he was a high school player or JC recruit at the time. Where did he end up?

He contacted Lockett, so it must be his style at least to a certain extent.

Everybody will take transfers if they are good enough. The vast majority of them are either okay or not that good, and that's why they are transferring.

Don't see Fran getting involved with a transfer. Not his style.

Fran's style is to get the best players he can get which includes transfers; just like any good coach would. As an example, Fran was willing to take on a 26 year-old ex-con named Anthony Hubbard. He is willing to take on anybody that has high-major talent and can fit his style of play.

Bryce Cartwright and Anthony Hubbard say what's up - back to back years.

Fran isn't about the 5th year guys who can transfer and play immediately, but he'd take a transfer or JUCO.

I'm talking about players who quit/got booted from their current team. Not JUCOs. There are 300 of these transfers, that is a lot to choose from and not a single one is considering Iowa because no interest and vice versa.

What's with all the kids leaving Michigan? I've been a little out of it the past couple weeks and probably missed a thread or two on this.

Also, somewhat of a tangent, but wasn't Fran interested in a guard from New York last year or possibly even the year before that? Can't recall if he was a high school player or JC recruit at the time. Where did he end up?

Shaq Stokes. He ended up at Hawaii. I saw him play this season and he is way to small to have ever played in the Big Ten.

Bryce Cartwright and Anthony Hubbard say what's up - back to back years.

Fran isn't about the 5th year guys who can transfer and play immediately, but he'd take a transfer or JUCO.

Didn't Fran go after the kid from ASU who had one year of eligibility? Didn't he go after Oriaki from UCONN too?

I'm talking about players who quit/got booted from their current team. Not JUCOs. There are 300 of these transfers, that is a lot to choose from and not a single one is considering Iowa because no interest and vice versa.

Didn't Fran say they may use the remaining scholarship for a big-time transfer? Any coach who completely dismisses transfers likely won't be a very successful coach.

Latest posts