2011 Big Ten Logo Idea

NattyBumppo

XIIbigten.jpg

My humble attempt to hide a 12 in a Big Ten logo. Feedback? Other ideas?

There's a good possibility I have just had a few too many beers tonight but I've been looking at this logo for a couple of minutes and still can't see the 12. Maybe could you highlight it for us blind folks?

Haha, I was going for subtle... guess I took it a little too far. It's a "XII" actually if that helps (between the lines in the first 3 letters).

In case anybody reads this thread after bar close tonight :)

XIIbigtenblue.jpg

Thank you!!!

I think you'd have to highlight it if you wanted that to be the logo. Otherwise...I'm not sure how many people would even see it.....especially after tailgating all morning :)

I like the lines all the way across. Makes it look like a football field. I tinted it green... I like it this way:

bigtenxii.jpg

I like it. Kind of reminds me of the hidden arrow in the FedEx logo. Do you have mock-ups ready for 14 and 16 yet?
FedEx.jpg

I like it. Kind of reminds me of the hidden arrow in the FedEx logo. Do you have mock-ups ready for 14 and 16 yet?
FedEx.jpg

Is that arrow really suppose to be intentional or is it purely coincidence. I mean what if you're shipment was suppose to go "west". It'd be like false advertisement.;)

Thanks for all the feedback!
eyekwah: Yes, bigger lines help, but they also make Big Ten harder to read. I went back and forth.

ddiction: Nice! Just needs some black IOWA end zones.

CalvaryHawk: 14 is hard. 16 is easy (see b16ten.org).
Based on the overall response I think it's definitely too cryptic to be viable.

I have come up with a better solution anyway:

We just need to switch the definitions of 10 and 12 and learn to count ...8, 9, 12, 11, 10, 13, 14...

Make this one simple change and all the conference names (Big Ten, Big Twelve, and PAC Ten) will make sense again.

(We'll have to rewrite a few math textbooks and computer programs, sure, but it's a small price to pay for brand recognition. ;))

Latest posts