2010: Bo Ryan called Ben Brust’s switch from Iowa to Wisconsin a family decision

I would be embarrased if I were a Wiscy fan at hearing that explanation.

Why doesn't Bo just shut up?

Never go against the family, Fre(BO).

Fredo2.JPG

The action of Bo this week has now officially started the motion for the wheels to to start coming off. Let's enjoy the SLIDE!! :):D

Bo was on ESPN1000 today.

One of the hosts said a lot of Iowa fans email the show asking about Ben Brust. Then he went on to ask Bo how the University would be able to restrict Uthoff from the rest of the Big Ten, but yet the school helped Ben Brust do his paperwork to come to Wisconsin. Bo said that was false. Brust asked for his release then he started to visit other schools. Said Brust contacted Wisconsin and a bunch of other schools. Said he had no idea Brust was leaving Iowa. Ryan is a joke!!

Bo was on ESPN1000 today.

One of the hosts said a lot of Iowa fans email the show asking about Ben Brust. Then he went on to ask Bo how the University would be able to restrict Uthoff from the rest of the Big Ten, but yet the school helped Ben Brust do his paperwork to come to Wisconsin. Bo said that was false. Brust asked for his release then he started to visit other schools. Said Brust contacted Wisconsin and a bunch of other schools. Said he had no idea Brust was leaving Iowa. Ryan is a joke!!

We as Hawk fans can see through his BS and see the truth, the Badger fans just put on their red & white glasses,drink the Badger land cool aid and bow down to the great Bo Ryan!

rwtsracefan(Dan Wemett)

Perhaps you look upon hypocrisy as a virtue.
Ha. it's also funny to me how people that don't care like to share their opinion on not caring. It's like athiests caring about people of faith. Really if your an athiest then nothing anybody else thinks or feels should bother you.

Ha. it's also funny to me how people that don't care like to share their opinion on not caring. It's like athiests caring about people of faith. Really if your an athiest then nothing anybody else thinks or feels should bother you.

I was not sharing my opinion on not caring. I'm trying to understand why everyone else cares so much. Bit of a diff there.

Still having trouble understanding why people care so much about this.

I'll help you out. Pretty simple answer, really: Ryan did everything he could to get an Iowa commit out of his national letter of intent and away from the incoming coach at a conference rival, a coach who tried hard to re-recruit the commit. Not only that, Ryan's assistance helped Brust obtain a waiver that allowed him to get a scholarship immediately.

Bottom line: Ryan poached Brust from Iowa's recruiting class at a time when the Hawkeye program needed all the help it could get. That's what sticks in a lot of people's craw. Now, when the shoe's on the other foot, Ryan is re-affirming his jerk status.

Turn-about is fair play. Wisconsin should grant Jarrod Uthoff a full, unrestricted release. I don't know whether Uthoff would re-think coming to Iowa after he chose not to once before, and I don't know what he could contribute as Fran rebuilds the team. Immaterial, at this point, except that Wisky continuing the B1G conference restriction makes it all the more likely Uthoff winds up at Iowa State or Creighton.

Still having trouble understanding why people care so much about this.

Because he's from Iowa.
He was Iowa's Mr Basketball (so he's got talent).
The immense hypocrisy of Bo Ryan (a coach most B1G fans can't stand as it is).

I'm more confused why someone wouldn't care, but we found out last week that you didn't even know who Uthoff was, so that explains that.

Latest posts