’20 NC SG Carson McCorkle Enjoys First Look at Iowa

No doubt. I grew up on a farm and probably had less then 1% of the gym time to practice/play then what these kids today have. They are in the gym hours and hours a day all year long be it games or practices. It's a different world now. If your not physically dominant then you need to develop your skills so that they make you stand out.

I went to a 9th game game in the Iowa City/North Liberty area with my 10yr old boys last Saturday. The quality of play was remarkable. Even the scrubs (so many players) that played the extra 10 minute period would have probably started on my HS b-ball team.

I know of one kid that also played AAU and I presume there were more.

NC has zero scholarship offers for the 2020 class. We have 2. Does that mean that noone in the 2020 class is going to be top 20? Nope it only means that blue bloods can come in much later in the process and still get the studs. They don't have to scout HS freshman. Iowa on the other hand...well let's just say if I were Fran I would absolutely try to get to these kids as young as possible. Also there is no need for McCorkle to be 6'5. At 6'2 with that range of skills he is a sure fire top 20 recruit. I imagine he will grow at least 2 inches over the next 4 years. Only question mark here is will he stay healthy. 1 serious injury and he won't sniff the top 50. That's just how it goes. Sad to say but that might be the most likely scenario for McCorkle ever wearing the black and gold.
Unfortunately, that would probably help us. Jok probably wouldn't be here otherwise.

We might have a chance with McCorkle but, as with most out-of-staters, some connection to Iowa would make it more possible. Anyone know if there is one.

All it takes is Coach K or Roy to offer and our dream evaporates most likely. It's nice to dream though.

Extremely high probability that both of them are retired by that time. Not to say that whoever replaces them wouldn't have just as much sway. Considering the institutions they represent.

Extremely high probability that both of them are retired by that time. Not to say that whoever replaces them wouldn't have just as much sway. Considering the institutions they represent.
Agreed. With Coach K's back and age (next week he's 70) and the scandals UNC has endured with Williams being 66 you know there's not much time left in those tenures. I'm guessing now too that both of them might have the rumor of retirement floating around just at the right time for Iowa to slip in and recruit McCorkle before other coaches are hired.

He's deadly just like Pistol Pete!
tumblr_mnkj8e78Nn1qk2ix2o1_400.gif

Yes. He and Patrick played on the same 3 on 3 team for USA Basketball this summer.
Thanks. For some reason, I was thinking he was a point guard, but looks like all the sites are listing him as a shooting guard. Come to think of it, I caught one of his games online this last season and I don't recall seeing him at pg too much. I know he has handles, though.