'20 Forward Jamari Sibley Impressed with Hawkeye Official

rob didn't actually say the "unsolicited phone call" was from the iowa staff or program, did he? correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think he did. so, we have essentially a quote from DJ himself vs an unknown unsolicited source. no one expects rob to reveal a source, so we just wait and see.

LOL, Rob and Kakart have been at this a long time, they aren't gonna put out that Iowa has moved on if the sources aren't solid. Plus Rob even said he and Kakart talked about the information from our SOURCES lining up. Meaning Howe and Kakart had separate sources telling them the same things.

LOL, Rob and Kakart have been at this a long time, they aren't gonna put out that Iowa has moved on if the sources aren't solid. Plus Rob even said he and Kakart talked about the information for our SOURCES lining up. Meaning Howe and Kakart had separate sources telling them the same things.

so you're saying the iowa program would tell the iowa press they've moved on from a player but NOT tell that player? is that how you would like the iowa program to operate? and if it is, would you want the iowa press to speak to it? keep in mind this would be a huge...HUGE screw up in recruiting. no recruit would ever trust what this staff tells them.

but, to each his own.

so you're saying the iowa program would tell the iowa press they've moved on from a player but NOT tell that player? is that how you would like the iowa program to operate? and if it is, would you want the iowa press to speak to it? keep in mind this would be a huge...HUGE screw up in recruiting. no recruit would ever trust what this staff tells them.

but, to each his own.

This isn't being reported but on a message board site, don't get confused here. Rob and Tom aren't going to write articles about it, they were just giving people on message boards a heads up.

Plus this isn't coming from Fran, he is so tight lipped, we hardly ever know what is what. Heck Rivals and this site rarely have good insight into basketball recruiting, it is a tight lipped ship Fran has me thinks.

This isn't being reported but on a message board site, don't get confused here. Rob and Tom aren't going to write articles about it, they were just giving people on message boards a heads up.

Plus this isn't coming from Fran, he is so tight lipped, we hardly ever know what is what. Heck Rivals and this site rarely have good insight into basketball recruiting, it is a tight lipped ship Fran has me thinks.

deano, you just proved my point. look, i'm not stating things one way or the other, all i am saying that as of right now, DJ Gordon is saying the reporting of iowa moving on is false and so is the national hoops moderator for the pay site i visit. nothing more and nothing less than that.

I don't know about that. If he comes on a visit and something happens where you are questioning if you want him on your roster, then you hard pass on that. Not every player is a fit for every program.

Unless he committed domestic violence, sexual assault or murdered someone we shouldn't be moving on from a player of his caliber.

Unless he committed domestic violence, sexual assault or murdered someone we shouldn't be moving on from a player of his caliber.

He is ranked like 135 in the 247 composite rankings and more like 150ish in the Rivals rankings. If Iowa sees something they don't like and DIDN'T move on with this caliber of recruit, then I'd be upset. Not sure where you are getting this is some super high ranked kid.

He is ranked like 135 in the 247 composite rankings and more like 150ish in the Rivals rankings. If Iowa sees something they don't like and DIDN'T move on with this caliber of recruit, then I'd be upset. Not sure where you are getting this is some super high ranked kid.

You literally just said he's a top 150 player. How is that not highly ranked? I guess it depends on your interpretation.

I guess my opinion is that Iowa doesn't have the luxury of passing on top 150 guys. We have no history of landing that caliber of a player if they come from outside of Iowa (with Cook being the lone exception). What are you thinking Iowa might have seen that they didn't like? It's an honest question, I'm not trying to argue here.

deano, you just proved my point. look, i'm not stating things one way or the other, all i am saying that as of right now, DJ Gordon is saying the reporting of iowa moving on is false and so is the national hoops moderator for the pay site i visit. nothing more and nothing less than that.

That is what those guys should be saying if they don't have sources that are telling them otherwise. I'm just saying that it would be stupid to ignore 2 guys who do have very solid sources at Iowa and who have been covering Iowa for a long, long time.

You literally just said he's a top 150 player. How is that not highly ranked? I guess it depends on your interpretation.
A 93 ranking on 247 would put him at #10 in the rankings era in terms of all time Iowa recruits. Just ahead of Garza.

Nobody know what happened if anything did even happen. I like that Fran doesn’t get into murky water on the recruiting trail. We backed off Charlie Moore and that turned out to be the right move even though he was highly rated.

I guess my opinion is that Iowa doesn't have the luxury of passing on top 150 guys. We have no history of landing that caliber of a player if they come from outside of Iowa (with Cook being the lone exception). What are you thinking Iowa might have seen that they didn't like? It's an honest question, I'm not trying to argue here.

I would pass on 4*/5* kids if red flags popped up on an official visit.

I think we all know that I'm not a Fran fan. I have been critical of him for all sorts of things, including recruiting. Yet if he wants to move on from a kid (for whatever reason), I personally don't have a problem with that.

A 93 ranking on 247 would put him at #10 in the rankings era in terms of all time Iowa recruits. Just ahead of Garza.

Nobody know what happened if anything did even happen. I like that Fran doesn’t get into murky water on the recruiting trail. We backed off Charlie Moore and that turned out to be the right move even though he was highly rated.

His composite ranking is 135 in the last 247 composite rankings. Maybe the kid asked for favors, maybe he had an incident, maybe Iowa found out other kids are coming to Iowa. I have no idea, but I do know that Fran doesn't play that stuff, and it is one of the few things I like about Fran.

His composite ranking is 135 in the last 247 composite rankings. Maybe the kid asked for favors, maybe he had an incident, maybe Iowa found out other kids are coming to Iowa. I have no idea, but I do know that Fran doesn't play that stuff, and it is one of the few things I like about Fran.
Correct .937 is the 247 composite score, which would put him at #10 for all time Iowa recruits, although Sibley and Foster would both be higher than that.

If he is tweeting that he's not a wing, does the timing line up that Fran told him they are only taking one and they already found him? What if he was told by Fran AFTER telling people he was still in on iowa? Then went to twitter saying he's not a wing, in a cryptic tweet about the reason Iowa backed off? Does the timeline make that possible?

If he is tweeting that he's not a wing, does the timing line up that Fran told him they are only taking one and they already found him? What if he was told by Fran AFTER telling people he was still in on iowa? Then went to twitter saying he's not a wing, in a cryptic tweet about the reason Iowa backed off? Does the timeline make that possible?

I found the tweet. It’s from 09/10/19 so most likely unrelated.

Fran flew out for an in home with this kid last week and then got him to Iowa City on an official visit. If something happened my guess was it was on the visit or sometime after.

I feel that roster wise Iowa would benefit more from adding 2 forward or center players in this class based on who we have graduating the next 2 years and where we have PT available.

I found the tweet. It’s from 09/10/19 so most likely unrelated.

Fran flew out for an in home with this kid last week and then got him to Iowa City on an official visit. If something happened my guess was it was on the visit or sometime after.

Thanks. Yea they clearly aren't related then. If that tweet would have come out after the visit and before or right after Rob's inside info, I would guess Fran had a small forward locked up and pulled his offer.

No offense to this website, but I’ve been on here for 10 or so years now and don’t really recall many “insider recruiting stories” being broken on here. The stories about the sports being played are great.

No offense to this website, but I’ve been on here for 10 or so years now and don’t really recall many “insider recruiting stories” being broken on here. The stories about the sports being played are great.

I’m missing what point you’re making. Can you please clarify?

If a 4 or 5 star recruit gives the coaching staff red flags and in their evaluation he shows them something they should be worried about... walk away. Immediately. They definitely are in position and have the luxury of doing that. So do you - it goes in all walks of life, for everyone. If you are looking at a really nice BMW but when you get in it and test drive it, the blinkers don't work and it barely starts, don't buy it just because it's a BMW. If you find a really nice house in neighborhood you are dying to move to, but you get an inspection on it and the evaluation turns out it needs new plumbing and roofing, walk away.

Iowa is definitely in position and has the luxury to walk away from kids who might show them during the evaluation process that they are not a good fit for the program. Iowa hoops is not dog shit right now, no reason to act like it is.