'20 Forward Jamari Sibley Impressed with Hawkeye Official

Yes. I’m told Iowa is moving on.
That would make sense then and could be for a couple different reasons i.e something shady Fran wants no part of, or they feel they are in better shape with their other prospects. Interesting stuff.

That would make sense then and could be for a couple different reasons i.e something shady Fran wants no part of, or they feel they are in better shape with their other prospects. Interesting stuff.
Foster to IA confirmed!!

Actually I have no idea.

I received a phone call this morning, unsolicited.

The person said, "I don't know where DJ Gordon is going, but I know where he's not going - Iowa."

moderator on another site has indicated a direct exchange with DJ and was told exact opposite. so, it appears the "camp" isn't on the same page. i guess only time will tell. seems like either point of view has credibility. this is pretty odd.

I have not interviewed DJ. My information is not coming from him.

moderator on another site has indicated a direct exchange with DJ and was told exact opposite. so, it appears the "camp" isn't on the same page. i guess only time will tell. seems like either point of view has credibility. this is pretty odd.

I really don't know what to thing of all of this. Iowa has spent time cultivating a relationship with DJ, shouldn't the staff have vetted out if they really "wanted" him or not before bringing him in on a official visit? Maybe he did something while here the staff didn't like? I mean this is just bizarre really.

While Fran hasn’t done the best job closing the deal with the more highly regarded out of state recruits, one thing he has done very well is creating a team environment and avoided players that don’t fit. If that’s the case here, you have to feel he knows what’s best.

I really don't know what to thing of all of this. Iowa has spent time cultivating a relationship with DJ, shouldn't the staff have vetted out if they really "wanted" him or not before bringing him in on a official visit? Maybe he did something while here the staff didn't like? I mean this is just bizarre really.

you're response is coming from the premise that iowa doesn't want him any longer and i'm just not believing that, right now. as of last night, and on a pay site, there are two moderators saying iowa is in the best spot for DJ. one moderator texted directly with DJ and the other moderator is their national guy who is saying he's being told directly the same thing. the "amiss" part is the phone call rob got. why wouldn't rob believe the call? but also, why wouldn't we believe the same type of sources (one being DJ himself) saying the opposite thing?

it is crazy, but time will tell.

you're response is coming from the premise that iowa doesn't want him any longer and i'm just not believing that, right now. as of last night, and on a pay site, there are two moderators saying iowa is in the best spot for DJ. one moderator texted directly with DJ and the other moderator is their national guy who is saying he's being told directly the same thing. the "amiss" part is the phone call rob got. why wouldn't rob believe the call? but also, why wouldn't we believe the same type of sources (one being DJ himself) saying the opposite thing?

The other weird thing is as recently as last week there was noise that Iowa was “prioritzing Gordon” and pushing very hard for him.

Who knows maybe something happened on the visit that changed something. Fran is no nonsense on the recruiting trail which is admirable. It’s just weird that if they were truly moving on they haven’t told DJ that (according to sources).

Again time will tell I think he has a Minnesota visit scheduled and then making decision in a few weeks so it won’t be long. Interesting stuff.

Again I want to reiterate that I’m not questioning one source vs the other. Obviously we are hawk fans and would love to land a recruit like Gordon. There is a lot of information out there you take it all for what it’s worth with the understanding that recruiting stuff changes very quickly.

Those moderators from that site are giving information from DJ's perspective. Rob gave information from Iowa's perspective. I doubt Rob would have posted that if he didn't trust the information. Now as Rob would even say, nothing is fool proof (unless that info came from Fran to Rob, but I doubt that). Plus Robs connections run much, much deeper than the 247's guys who have been covering Iowa for what a couple years? You are right though, only time will tell.

Well only because Rob has already reported this, I will say that Tom Kakart is also saying that Iowa has moved on from DJ as well. I'd say this is that case at this point, as both Howe and Kakart have stated it.

Hopefully all this means is that Iowa knows Sibley and Foster are coming, (Ulis is already committed) and Iowa has decided they don't need a wing player in this class?

TK and I spoke this morning to compare info we had. We’re both most interested in being right than being first. What we’ve heard from our sources lined up.

Well than hopefully it's because Fran thinks we are out of scholarships. If true, I wish he would take one of his kids off for a year if this is the kind of kid you don't want to lose.

Rob, assuming what you heard is true, is it the kind of info that will eventually be made public? Or is this something where fans will always just have to wonder what happened?

Hopefully all this means is that Iowa knows Sibley and Foster are coming, (Ulis is already committed) and Iowa has decided they don't need a wing player in this class?
Sibley is a borderline wing player. I’d consider him a 4 / 3. He plays a lot on the perimeter on his tape and faces up. It sounds like it’s down to us and G’Town for Sibley so we will see.

Another interesting thing here is on TOS people were saying that DJ Gordon tweeted he wasn’t a wing he was a SG. Seems like a very odd thing to tweet. I couldn’t find it on his Twitter. Maybe that is where he and Iowa weren’t seeing eye to eye.

On Foster I’m not sure. They are bringing in another big man (Ogundele) on a visit the same weekend as him. He seems like more of a wide body big who could play alongside the more athletic Foster. Think he might be a redshirt candidate.

Would they take four in this class if they could get Ulis, Sibley, Foster, Ogundele? Or is Ogundele a fallback if we whiff on Sibley &/ or Foster?

I sure hope this is the case. We aren’t in a position to turn away high 4 star recruits like Gordon. If we are then Fran needs to be shown the door.

Those moderators from that site are giving information from DJ's perspective. Rob gave information from Iowa's perspective. I doubt Rob would have posted that if he didn't trust the information. Now as Rob would even say, nothing is fool proof (unless that info came from Fran to Rob, but I doubt that). Plus Robs connections run much, much deeper than the 247's guys who have been covering Iowa for what a couple years? You are right though, only time will tell.

rob didn't actually say the "unsolicited phone call" was from the iowa staff or program, did he? correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think he did. so, we have essentially a quote from DJ himself vs an unknown unsolicited source. no one expects rob to reveal a source, so we just wait and see.