'18 Athletic Department Study Showed Serious Racial Bias in Iowa Football

How can being last in the Big and 60th of 65 be in line? Especially when you entrance requirements are lower than ave for Big and P5. For p5 the numbers are not as far of media, but still off. Iowa is not a competitive U

You also said Iowa would be near the bottom of the SEC and about 5 minutes of digging and I showed you they were 3rd or 4th. No surprise, but you didn’t respond.

You also said Iowa would be near the bottom of the SEC and about 5 minutes of digging and I showed you they were 3rd or 4th. No surprise, but you didn’t respond.

No, they are on entrance ave. Dude Iowa is not prestigious and at the Big bottom in grad and near the bottom P5. Get over it.

No, they are on entrance ave. Dude Iowa is not prestigious and at the Big bottom in grad and near the bottom P5. Get over it.

Do you not even know the entrance requirements are determined by the state, and not the University?
Iowa would be 4th in the SEC and 3rd in the B12 in college rankings, so no they wouldn’t be near the bottom in the P5.

Do you not even know the entrance requirements are determined by the state, and not the University?
Iowa would be 4th in the SEC and 3rd in the B12 in college rankings, so no they wouldn’t be near the bottom in the P5.

And that has to do w what?

Arrogance. It comes down to KF doing whatever he wants in the Iowa football program for a long time. Nobody checks him at all. Lets be real, he wouldve been canned most places by now for previous incidents. Gets a free pass at Iowa

Is that on him or is that on Barta? Not arguing with you, but if his boss was an actual boss there'd be checks and balances in place and he wouldn't have all the power. I don't blame KF. I blame the AD that never put him on a leash.

And that has to do w what?

Umm... you keep pointing to entrance qualifications, although in Iowa’s case the state decided they had to be the same as Iowa State...
You also keep saying Iowa would be near the bottom of the P5 in terms of academia and I just provided you evidence of that not being remotely the case. In fact, they’re towards the top in many of the other P5 conferences. You can refer back to the link I provided, which you evidently ignored if you’re still sticking to this narrative.

Umm... you keep pointing to entrance qualifications, although in Iowa’s case the state decided they had to be the same as Iowa State...
You also keep saying Iowa would be near the bottom of the P5 in terms of academia and I just provided you evidence of that not being remotely the case. In fact, they’re towards the top in many of the other P5 conferences. You can refer back to the link I provided, which you evidently ignored if you’re still sticking to this narrative.

No evidence on your part. The entrance just responding to your posturing for KF.

I'm no expert, but I don't think the entrance requirements is the problem...I think its more along the lines of retention and getting them to graduate from the University of Iowa that is the problem.

The report addresses why the players, coaches and administrators believe Iowa is graduating more Black football players. That was why the Diversity Task Force was formed in the first place.

The report addresses why the players, coaches and administrators believe Iowa is graduating more Black football players. That was why the Diversity Task Force was formed in the first place.

How long has HawkeyeNation been in existence? Has there ever been a black columnist? How about a female one? What actions are you taking to right this wrong?

How long has HawkeyeNation been in existence? Has there ever been a black columnist? How about a female one? What actions are you taking to right this wrong?

1. What does that have to do with Iowa Football?

2. I don't hire people at HN. I work for HN.

3. Do you know of any Black journalists or women looking to work for HN?

4. Are you assuming they would be met with racial or sexual bias here as is being alleged in Iowa football going back for years?

Maybe I'm getting it twisted, and if I am, I apologize. It feels like there's a faction (maybe a vocal minority) of the Iowa fan base that doesn't want to support the former players. And i'm not just pointing out folks on this forum, but elsewhere on social media and radio shows, etc.

It appears to care more about the entity that is Hawkeye football than what was in this report or the players coming out on social media - not that you need to believe every player or story, but the group as a whole. If you objectively read this report, you see the bias from coaches and administrators towards Black student-athletes. And that ties in directly to lower graduation rates, higher transfer rates and inequities for Blacks players.

Again, if you really want to understand what happened and how it can be fixed so Iowa Football can be the best it can be, the information keeps coming your way. It's up to you if you choose to consume it or push back without trying.

1. What does that have to do with Iowa Football?

2. I don't hire people at HN. I work for HN.

3. Do you know of any Black journalists or women looking to work for HN?

4. Are you assuming they would be met with racial or sexual bias here as is being alleged in Iowa football going back for years?

You don’t hire Iowa coaches either but feel very comfortable accusing them of being racists on your crusade. All while working in an almost completely white male dominated Iowa media. Pretty ironic.
You also called Kirk a liar yesterday, even though he admitted to learning about some of the accusations in 2018 (hence the formation of the committee). There’s nothing to suggest any player spoke to him personally about any of their claims, and even James Daniels and Jordan Lomax said they never spoke to him about this during their playing careers. But you felt it necessary to basically call him a liar.

Maybe I'm getting it twisted, and if I am, I apologize. It feels like there's a faction (maybe a vocal minority) of the Iowa fan base that doesn't want to support the former players. And i'm not just pointing out folks on this forum, but elsewhere on social media and radio shows, etc.

It appears to care more about the entity that is Hawkeye football than what was in this report or the players coming out on social media - not that you need to believe every player or story, but the group as a whole. If you objectively read this report, you see the bias from coaches and administrators towards Black student-athletes. And that ties in directly to lower graduation rates, higher transfer rates and inequities for Blacks players.

Again, if you really want to understand what happened and how it can be fixed so Iowa Football can be the best it can be, the information keeps coming your way. It's up to you if you choose to consume it or push back without trying.
There is a lot of information out there, and some people will refuse to see it, believe it, or accept it no matter what comes out. There clearly is an issue within the Iowa football program, and there has been for quite some time, but no matter what comes out there will be that portion of the fan base that absolutely refuses to believe it. Much like the portion of the PSU fanbase that thought Paterno could do no wrong.

You don’t hire Iowa coaches either but feel very comfortable accusing them of being racists on your crusade. All while working in an almost completely white male dominated Iowa media. Pretty ironic.
You also called Kirk a liar yesterday, even though he admitted to learning about some of the accusations in 2018 (hence the formation of the committee). There’s nothing to suggest any player spoke to him personally about any of their claims, and even James Daniels and Jordan Lomax said they never spoke to him about this during their playing careers. But you felt it necessary to basically call him a liar.

This isn't about me. It's about Iowa football. Focus on that.

Silence = Violence. I think people asking about what sort of inclusion efforts you are undertaking is fair game.

Personally, I think their attempts to attack you are bush league. I had a premonition of you training the next editor of HN and it went just like this (the text of what is being typed describing The Swarm going through the tunnel are even perfect):

You were the only person to give credence to DJK and provide him a platform to tell "his truth". And as of yesterday you're the first if not only media member to publish the full diversity task force report, not devoid of your own opinions. That seems too coincidental to not be about you.

Latest posts