'18 Athletic Department Study Showed Serious Racial Bias in Iowa Football

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...k-players-to-be-like-white-iowa-kids.amp.html
Seems to be the over-arching theme of the complaints (can’t be themselves, no autonomy, no Twitter,etc). Heck even enter, and leave, the field as ‘one’. Can’t believe this hasn’t been addressed before, considering most Skill-position players at high levels tend to be POC. Why would any coach, that wants to succeed, alienate them. Not only is it wrong, it’s just DUMB. That being said, of course, EVERYONE has to play by the rules (not be late for practices, meetings, etc). But good grief, let the kids be kids. After all, in essence, that’s pretty much what they are
And yes, there was NO EXCUSE to hire, OR RETAIN Greg Davis. None. Soup shoulda got the job.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip. I’ve been meaning to give The Athletic a try. I’ve always enjoyed appreciated Doc’s even keeled outlook.

Very good article was posted today. Scott interviewed Jordan Lomax about the troubles going on within the program.

Very interesting piece about how some players tried to keep concerns internal because they didn't want to hurt the program or the coaches but finally got to a point when they didn't feel like it was doing any good. So they decided to go public.

He also spoke of how he feels some former players "sensationalized" their stories.

Last edited:
Very good article was posted today. Scott interviewed Jordan Lomax about the troubles going on within the program.

Very interesting piece about how some players tried to keep concerns internal because they didn't want to hurt the program or the coaches but finally got to a point when they didn't feel like it was doing any good. So they decided to go public.

He also spoke of how he feels some former players of "sensationalized" their stories.
I read that article as well. It was a very detailed piece and yes, very interesting.

When he was talking about "sensationalizing" by some former players, it seemed to me he was screaming "WADLEY".

Scott's a good and longtime friend. The Athletic is worth the money. You receive access to content across the platform, which is cool.

The DMR had a story with Lomax today, too. Chad also is a good and longtime friend.

I try to read everything I can. I don't have subs to Rivals or 247.

That's probably a different KMM.

I take it Rob must have accidentally brushed that guy's shoulder at Carlos O'Kelly's or something. He sure don't like Rob.
The last time I ate at Carlos O Kelley was the night in 2018 that the men’s basketball team got their ass handed to them at Happy Valley. It was a nadir in a season full of them.

Their food is good, maybe even above average but I haven’t eaten there since. It’s OK though. We have two go to local Mexican restaurants.

It's disturbing that the profiles in courage and leadership seem to be from James Daniels and Jordan Lomax, and not from the two men that are extremely well compensated by the University of Iowa to serve in leadership positions.