12 Iowa FB players in hospital?

i don't think the cyclone fan was stirring anything up. he reported what he heard and asked about it. he didn't lay blame to anyone or call for anything drastic to happen. relax big guy

From DMR story:

Gary Barta, Iowa athletic director, said football coach Kirk Ferentz remained out of town on a recruiting trip, but was aware that players had been hospitalized.
“Our No. 1 concern is the safety of our student-athletes,” Barta said in a news release, “so we are pleased with the positive feedback.

“Our next step is to find out what happened so we can avoid this happening in the future.”

Another example of Barta's leadership ... is he "pleased" that 20% of the team still on scholarship (subtracting about 22 graduating seniors) was put in the hospital, or "pleased" that the feedback was positive on an overripe workout? What a terribly vague and misguided comment to the media.

This is just too much from my alma mater's football team. Can they possibly stay out of the news and avoid embarrassment for the winter?

Has anybody seen the tweets from CBS Gregg Doyel? He stated that he has hurdles to clear but if he can he is going to go "thermonuclear" on Iowa and Kirk and hopes to get a coach fired. What a good guy...

Twitter

Everyone keeps talking about how it's so rare that 12 people have this condition. Has it been confirmed that all 12 had it? Isn't it possible that it was leaked that 1 person had it and everyone just assumes all 12 have the same condition? No one could have 100% confirmed this unless they have heard it directly from the players due to Hippa.

Food poisoning okay my next question would be are the players still having to eat together?? If not why are we not hearing about more UI of I students?

You don't really think the FB team eats the same food they feed the students do you? Having spent 2 years in chow lines at Hillcrest waiting for my tatertot caserole (which was awesome) and seeing grills full of steaks in the back for the team, I think you're barking up the wrong tree.

Swarmy