12-0 is a possibility

I just ask this- Please keep your expectations in check for this season. And when they're not met, don't flip out. I think this team can be good, but 12-0 good? No, because I'm a realist.

I actually think we have a much better chance to run the table than we did last year. Think about it, we don't have Ohio State or Wisconsin. I would argue they are the two most talented teams in the conference. That is huge.

We return a lot of our line and talent at WR, TE, and RB. Our QB is big and talented. He doesn't have the experience of Stanzi but he may be more talented. You also know that our defense will be very good as Norm always does a fantastic job. Plus with Norm back we shouldn't have any off games like last year.

Tenn Tech - easy win
@Clowns - easier win
Pitt - they have talent but we play them at home and they have 1st year coach WIN
Louis Mon - easy win
@PSU - tough game but Kirk owns them!
Northwestern - toughest home game but it is at home and we are due!
Indiana - cakewalk
@ Minn - get revenge from last year
Mich - at home and their defense can't stop anyone. Robinson will be hurt by this point
MSU - I feel much better with this being at home. Plus we own Cousins
@ Purdue - cakewalk
@ Nebraska - we get to this point in the season at 11-0 and at this point we have the division rapped up. We have a lot more to play for than Nebraska and we go in there and win!

I'm calling it now 12-0 baby!!!

I just don't see it based on your depth chart. But if everything happens like you think, you will have it WRAPPED up.

It's all about the setup of the schedule. Last year we had a tough schedule and played a tough non conference game that had our confidence shaken. Won't happen this year.

12-0 is a definite possibility and I think we do it. It's the years nobody expects it when Kirk Ferentz and boys do the most damage. This year he takes us to the Big Ten title game!! Probably against Wisconsin

This is the 500th time I've heard this. I've heard this so much now that I almost expect us not to do damage since the low-expectations-opposite expectation-thing is now bound not to happen because the expectations are now secretly high among Hawk fans due to the reliance on the low- expectations-thing and since the expectations are secretly high the results won't be there.

This is the 500th time I've heard this. I've heard this so much now that I almost expect us not to do damage since the low-expectations-opposite expectation-thing is now bound not to happen because the expectations are now secretly high among Hawk fans due to the reliance on the low- expectations-thing and since the expectations are secretly high the results won't be there.

I agree. If everyone thinks a team is underrated, they aren't underrated anymore.

Posters like yourself make Iowa fans look like idiots

This isn't a 12-0 caliber football game unless you've been smoking crack all day.

Seriously...wtf

Agree completely. We don't have the defense to make a run this season. Plain and simple. I will be thrilled with 9-3 or 8-4.

I actually think we have a much better chance to run the table than we did last year. Think about it, we don't have Ohio State or Wisconsin. I would argue they are the two most talented teams in the conference. That is huge.

We return a lot of our line and talent at WR, TE, and RB. Our QB is big and talented. He doesn't have the experience of Stanzi but he may be more talented. You also know that our defense will be very good as Norm always does a fantastic job. Plus with Norm back we shouldn't have any off games like last year.

Tenn Tech - easy win
@Clowns - easier win
Pitt - they have talent but we play them at home and they have 1st year coach WIN
Louis Mon - easy win
Indiana - cakewalk
Mich - at home and their defense can't stop anyone. Robinson will be hurt by this point
@ Purdue - cakewalk
@ Nebraska - we get to this point in the season at 11-0 and at this point we have the division rapped up. We have a lot more to play for than Nebraska and we go in there and win!

I personally think you're on crack :rolleyes:, with that said I hope you're right!

Tenn Tech - easy win
@Clowns - easier win
Louis Mon - easy win
Indiana - cakewalk
@ Purdue - cakewalk

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0]Billy Madison - Ultimate Insult (Academic Decathlon) - YouTube[/ame]

Tenn Tech - easy win
@Clowns - easier win
Louis Mon - easy win
Indiana - cakewalk
@ Purdue - cakewalk

We have a better shot at 0-12 than 12-0. End of story. Just ask O$U

Tenn Tech - easy win
@Clowns - easier win
Louis Mon - easy win
Indiana - cakewalk
@ Purdue - cakewalk

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9vZWEAP-7A&feature=related]3/4ths of this is inaccurate - YouTube[/ame]

My cutoff for a satisfactory season is 8-4. I think it's very realistic to expect that this team could do that. Anything less would be disappointing. A few lucky breaks here and there and you could wind up adding 1 or 2 wins to that which would be a great year IMO. 11-1 would almost defy belief. 12-0 is so unlikely we'd best not even start thinking that way. I agree with the poster who said there's less than 1% chance that could happen. So yeah, if the kool-aid drinkers end up being right we'll all happily eat crow. Don't count on it or it's likely to be a long season.

Honestly i dont think anyone in the bigten will go undefeated in conference play. And i think there could possibly be a two loss (maybe 3 depending on OOC schedule) team in the conference title game. Too much on the line this year with there only being ONE Champ.

Wassabee might have just finished a Kegg stand of Koolaide prior to posting......... OHHHHHH YEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!

Posters like yourself make Iowa fans look like idiots

This isn't a 12-0 caliber football game unless you've been smoking crack all day.

Seriously...wtf

I'm not even thinking were going undefeated, but we are favored in 9 games. If we get things to keep bouncing our way you never know. I actually think we win 9 games, but atleast this isn't as bad as the "Will the Cyclones make the final 4?" thread:D

Latest posts