12-0 is a possibility

Wassabbe

I actually think we have a much better chance to run the table than we did last year. Think about it, we don't have Ohio State or Wisconsin. I would argue they are the two most talented teams in the conference. That is huge.

We return a lot of our line and talent at WR, TE, and RB. Our QB is big and talented. He doesn't have the experience of Stanzi but he may be more talented. You also know that our defense will be very good as Norm always does a fantastic job. Plus with Norm back we shouldn't have any off games like last year.

Tenn Tech - easy win
@Clowns - easier win
Pitt - they have talent but we play them at home and they have 1st year coach WIN
Louis Mon - easy win
@PSU - tough game but Kirk owns them!
Northwestern - toughest home game but it is at home and we are due!
Indiana - cakewalk
@ Minn - get revenge from last year
Mich - at home and their defense can't stop anyone. Robinson will be hurt by this point
MSU - I feel much better with this being at home. Plus we own Cousins
@ Purdue - cakewalk
@ Nebraska - we get to this point in the season at 11-0 and at this point we have the division rapped up. We have a lot more to play for than Nebraska and we go in there and win!

I'm calling it now 12-0 baby!!!

Posters like yourself make Iowa fans look like idiots

This isn't a 12-0 caliber football game unless you've been smoking crack all day.

Seriously...wtf

This isn't a 12-0 caliber football game unless you've been smoking crack all day.

Seriously...wtf

I know. Sometimes you just smile and shake your head.

In order for Iowa to go 12-0, we would need a Brad Banks type story only with 3 different players at least. Basically, 3 unknowns turning out to be one of the top 2-3 players at their positions in the nation. And all the guys we are expecting to be good to still be good. Even then it would very tough. Many great teams, including several NC teams have not gone undefeated.

Seriously...wtf

It's all about the setup of the schedule. Last year we had a tough schedule and played a tough non conference game that had our confidence shaken. Won't happen this year.

12-0 is a definite possibility and I think we do it. It's the years nobody expects it when Kirk Ferentz and boys do the most damage. This year he takes us to the Big Ten title game!! Probably against Wisconsin

We have a very favorable schedule, but we know so little about this team it's not even funny. 50% new starters...that has not historically been a recipe for 12-0 throughout the years.

It's all about the setup of the schedule. Last year we had a tough schedule and played a tough non conference game that had our confidence shaken. Won't happen this year.

12-0 is a definite possibility and I think we do it. It's the years nobody expects it when Kirk Ferentz and boys do the most damage. This year he takes us to the Big Ten title game!! Probably against Wisconsin

Again, facepalm.

12-0 is always a possibility. And don't keep assuming we beat Penn State every year. If we somehow make 4-0 by then, that game will have my stomach in knots.

@Clowns - easier win
I have this down for a Hawkeye victory, but it will not be easy

@PSU - tough game but Kirk owns them!
If you're going to use the "owns them" logic here, then to be consistent you have to mark us down for a loss against NW.

And I don't care what the history is, a victory at Happy Valley is never easy.

Northwestern - toughest home game but it is at home and we are due!
But Fitzgerald "owns us".

Also, the "we are due" argument is nonsense.

Mich - at home and their defense can't stop anyone. Robinson will be hurt by this point
How do you know this about their defense? They always have a lot of good athletes and now they have a highly regarded D coordinator.

If Robinson's hurt, as you predict, seems like Forcier has done OK against us in the past.

MSU - I feel much better with this being at home. Plus we own Cousins
Again with the meaningless "own" logic

@ Purdue - cakewalk
No Big10 road game is a cakewalk for Iowa

@ Nebraska - we get to this point in the season at 11-0 and at this point we have the division rapped up. We have a lot more to play for than Nebraska and we go in there and win!
For the life of me, I don't know how you can claim that we will have a lot more to play for than Nebraska. For the sake of argument, let's say Iowa is 11-0 and Nebraska is 8-3 going into that game. In that situation, Nebraska would just love the chance to knock us off.

Think back a couple of years to the Iowa-PSU game.

I'm calling it now 12-0 baby!!!
Can't tell if serious...

If everything goes perfectly, everyone is as good as we think they will be, both lines gel beautifully, Vandenberg plays lights out every week, and the team is jacked and ready for every single opponent for all 60 minutes, then there is about a 10% chance we go undefeated. But all those things won't happen (and maybe none of them will), so I'll say the odds of us going 12-0 are about 1%.

Edit: and if Coker stays healthy and powerful the whole year.

Guys we will probably be favored in 10 out of 12 games. How is it crazy for me to predict 12-0? Think about it?

I have this down for a Hawkeye victory, but it will not be easy

If you're going to use the "owns them" logic here, then to be consistent you have to mark us down for a loss against NW.

And I don't care what the history is, a victory at Happy Valley is never easy.

But Fitzgerald "owns us".

Also, the "we are due" argument is nonsense.

How do you know this about their defense? They always have a lot of good athletes and now they have a highly regarded D coordinator.

If Robinson's hurt, as you predict, seems like Forcier has done OK against us in the past.

Again with the meaningless "own" logic

No Big10 road game is a cakewalk for Iowa

For the life of me, I don't know how you can claim that we will have a lot more to play for than Nebraska. For the sake of argument, let's say Iowa is 11-0 and Nebraska is 8-3 going into that game. In that situation, Nebraska would just love the chance to knock us off.

Think back a couple of years to the Iowa-PSU game.

Can't tell if serious...

I agree with just about everything in this post. In fact, I was about to post the same sentiments until I read this.

However, on minor detail about Michigan: Forcier isn't there anymore. If Robinson goes down, they're forced to play guys with no real experience.

Latest posts