#1 2014 recruit. Rich get richer: Alabama

I'm reminded of Pete Caroll's dynasty at USC. They really had it all going on and there seemed to be no end in sight.

I'm reminded of Pete Caroll's dynasty at USC. They really had it all going on and there seemed to be no end in sight.

But it did end. So will this. Although it would be nice to have that feeling about the Hawks, just once.

It will end in the sense that they eventually will not win a National Championship one of these years. But, unless Saban goes to Texas he is going to be there for a while and I don't see the recruiting getting worse.

Civil Engineering. Seems like a bright kid who weighed his options. I"m just waiting for them to sign a few more OL.

Think about what stopped USC, Pete Carrol left for the NFL. Why did he leave? He knew the NCAA investigators were closing in on a cheating scandal and potential sanctions (Reggie Bush). To think there isn't something going on at Alabama is a bit naieve. Though it very well could be on the up d up, but again it's the SEC.

It will end in the sense that they eventually will not win a National Championship one of these years. But, unless Saban goes to Texas he is going to be there for a while and I don't see the recruiting getting worse.

Then Texas can start winning the national title every year. Yippee!!!

Then you look at college hoops: Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina, blah blah blah. Same teams year in and year out, dominating the sport. This is what kind of gets me down about college sports these days.. At least Louisville hadn't won a title in a while, so last year broke the monotony a bit.

This is what I like about the NFL. It seems like any organization has a shot (sans poor ownership & front office).

Think about what stopped USC, Pete Carrol left for the NFL. Why did he leave? He knew the NCAA investigators were closing in on a cheating scandal and potential sanctions (Reggie Bush). To think there isn't something going on at Alabama is a bit naieve. Though it very well could be on the up d up, but again it's the SEC.

Makes me think about this question - how many others evenually after their NC end up in trouble with the NCAA.

SeasonDateWinnerLoserBowl GameSiteMVP
1998January 4, 19991 Tennessee
(SEC) Champs
232 Florida State
(ACC) Co-Champs
161999 Fiesta BowlSun Devil Stadium
Tempe, Arizona
Peerless Price
Dwayne Goodrich
1999January 4, 20001 Florida State
(ACC) Champs
462 Virginia Tech
(Big East) Champs
292000 Sugar BowlLouisiana Superdome
New Orleans, Louisiana
Peter Warrick
2000January 3, 20011 Oklahoma
(Big 12) Champs
132 Florida State
(ACC) Champs
22001 Orange BowlPro Player Stadium
Miami, Florida
Torrance Marshall
2001January 3, 20021 Miami (FL)
(Big East) Champs
372 Nebraska
(Big 12) Div. Co-Champs
142002 Rose BowlRose Bowl
Pasadena, California
Ken Dorsey
Andre Johnson
2002January 3, 20032 Ohio State
(Big Ten) Co-Champs
311 Miami (FL)
(Big East) Champs
242003 Fiesta BowlSun Devil Stadium
Tempe, Arizona
Craig Krenzel
Mike Doss
2003January 4, 20042 LSU
(SEC) Champs
211 Oklahoma
(Big 12) Runner-up
142004 Sugar BowlLouisiana Superdome
New Orleans, Louisiana
Justin Vincent
2004January 4, 20051 USC (Vacated) †
(Pac-10) Champs
552 Oklahoma
(Big 12) Champs
192005 Orange BowlPro Player Stadium
Miami Gardens, Florida
Matt Leinart
2005January 4, 20062 Texas
(Big 12) Champs
411 USC
(Pac-10) Champs
382006 Rose BowlRose Bowl Stadium
Pasadena, California
Vince Young (offense)
Michael Huff (defense)
2006January 8, 20072 Florida
(SEC) Champs
411 Ohio State
(Big Ten) Champs
142007 BCS National Championship GameUniversity of Phoenix Stadium
Glendale, Arizona
Chris Leak (offense)
Derrick Harvey (defense)
2007January 7, 20082 LSU
(SEC) Champs
381 Ohio State
(Big Ten) Champs
242008 BCS National Championship GameLouisiana Superdome
New Orleans, Louisiana
Matt Flynn (offense)
Ricky Jean-Francois (defense)
2008January 8, 20092 Florida
(SEC) Champs
241 Oklahoma
(Big 12) Champs
142009 BCS National Championship GameDolphin Stadium
Miami Gardens, Florida
Tim Tebow (offense)
Carlos Dunlap (defense)
2009January 7, 20101 Alabama
(SEC) Champs
372 Texas
(Big 12) Champs
212010 BCS National Championship GameRose Bowl
Pasadena, California
Mark Ingram (offense)
Marcell Dareus (defense)
2010January 10, 20111 Auburn
(SEC) Champs
222 Oregon
(Pac-10) Champs
192011 BCS National Championship GameUniversity of Phoenix Stadium
Glendale, Arizona
Michael Dyer (offense)
Nick Fairley (defense)
2011January 9, 20122 Alabama
(SEC)
211 LSU
(SEC) Champs
02012 BCS National Championship GameMercedes-Benz Superdome
New Orleans, Louisiana
AJ McCarron (offense)
Courtney Upshaw (defense)
2012January 7, 20132 Alabama
(SEC) Champs
421 Notre Dame
Independent
142013 BCS National Championship GameSun Life Stadium
Miami Gardens, Florida
Eddie Lacy (offense)
C.J. Mosley (defense)

Civil Engineering. Seems like a bright kid who weighed his options. I"m just waiting for them to sign a few more OL.

The #1 rated guard, a samoan kid from California recently visited Bama and came back gushing. He is 6'4'', 375lbs and has a neck that looks like the size of a small child. If he opts for Bama, they will have about 7-8 top o-linemen...crazy.

You really think Yahoo Sports is going to get the same type of access in the Deep South that they can get in LA? Also, you really think the NCAA is ever going to come down on anyone again like they did at USC? Cam Newton, the U, Johnny Football... Basically, you can do all you want in the south and the most you can expect is a slap on the wrist and a stern talking to. The days of SMU and the death penalty are gone.

They are sort of like the Kentucky of basketball. If players could be 1 and done like college basketball they would simply be a feeder system for the NFL.

Man I hate Bama I'm from sec country and I still hate watching the win the BCS CHAMPIONSHIP. It makes me made watching Ross P join their bandwagon. Would have loved to see him stay with Iowa.

Something serious has to be done about their recruiting violations and over signings. I hope they come down hard on these guys so that this pattern of schools that cheat their way to the best recruits stops here.

Something serious has to be done about their recruiting violations and over signings. I hope they come down hard on these guys so that this pattern of schools that cheat their way to the best recruits stops here.

What recruiting violations?

Latest posts