Kaleb Brown spent the night in the slammer

Timberlake got popped last week. You know damn well he can afford an Uber. He also could just hire a driver.

I got popped when a was 19. Sucked big time, paying fines and getting my license back. I was an idiot.

Kaleb is about to find out how much it sucks and hitting teammates up for rides.

There is always that dumb debate in your head. I think I am ok to drive. If you have the debate in your head, the answer is don't drive.

I was in Springfield, Missouri last year and they had a local service that would not only pick you up, but there was an extra driver to drive your car home too. It wasn't that much more than just a normal uber ride. Brilliant business model.

There is always that dumb debate in your head. I think I am ok to drive. If you have the debate in your head, the answer is don't drive.

I was in Springfield, Missouri last year and they had a local service that would not only pick you up, but there was an extra driver to drive your car home too. It wasn't that much more than just a normal uber ride. Brilliant business model.
That's interesting. I hadn't heard of such a thing.

Yes, but the problem is you are making that decision when you are Drunk. A person's judgement isn't the greatest at that point.

Great example. I have a friend who knows he has a drinking and driving problem. So he made a decision he was only going to drink at home. So one Sat night he got totally blitzed while sitting at home alone. Then he got hungry and decided to go out driving to get a midnight snack and got in an accident. The poor guy was trying to do the right thing and only drink at home, but then he got drunk at home and decided to go out driving.

Timberlake got popped last week. You know damn well he can afford an Uber. He also could just hire a driver.

I got popped when a was 19. Sucked big time, paying fines and getting my license back. I was an idiot.

Kaleb is about to find out how much it sucks and hitting teammates up for rides.

Welcome to the SR22 family Mr. Brown.

Does anybody know at this point what the heck he hit? Another vehicle(s) or a structure. If he had significant damage to his car and reported his one front wheel was sideways, there has to be some reported damage somewhere. Anybody hear anything on this?

Yes, but the problem is you are making that decision when you are Drunk. A person's judgement isn't the greatest at that point.

Great example. I have a friend who knows he has a drinking and driving problem. So he made a decision he was only going to drink at home. So one Sat night he got totally blitzed while sitting at home alone. Then he got hungry and decided to go out driving to get a midnight snack and got in an accident. The poor guy was trying to do the right thing and only drink at home, but then he got drunk at home and decided to go out driving.

The right thing there is to not drink at all if you make such poor decisions while drunk. Not drinking is a sober decision.

The right thing there is to not drink at all if you make such poor decisions while drunk. Not drinking is a sober decision.
Too logical... I bet D1 coaches all wish they could set a team rule where there's no drinking at all allowed. Regardless of if you're 21 or not. But they don't cause it'd just never fly. There's zero upside for doing it yet fun is fun and that's what kids prioritize.

Too logical... I bet D1 coaches all wish they could set a team rule where there's no drinking at all allowed. Regardless of if you're 21 or not. But they don't cause it'd just never fly. There's zero upside for doing it yet fun is fun and that's what kids prioritize.
Up until a couple years ago our coach banned kids from social media, so he knows how to kill fun.

The reality is that for most of our lifetimes it has been illegal for kids under 21 to drink and yet most do despite the best efforts of law enforcement, schools, and parents. It is what it is. Trying to ban booze would never work. All the coaches can do is to preach responsibility. But, they can't follow these kids around and babysit them all day.

Up until a couple years ago our coach banned kids from social media, so he knows how to kill fun.

The reality is that for most of our lifetimes it has been illegal for kids under 21 to drink and yet most do despite the best efforts of law enforcement, schools, and parents. It is what it is. Trying to ban booze would never work. All the coaches can do is to preach responsibility. But, they can't follow these kids around and babysit them all day.
I'm not sure he even halfway understood what any of that was even about back then either. At least at first. But he had that rule in place for quite awhile it seemed like. I'm not sure why coaches and society downplay drinking and driving to the extents that they have all these yrs but I wish it would change...

I agree with ya there's only so much coaches can do. But if they were to make it known that it's a 1 strike and your out policy instead of 2, 3 or however many they have maybe that'd help.

I'm not sure he even halfway understood what any of that was even about back then either. At least at first. But he had that rule in place for quite awhile it seemed like. I'm not sure why coaches and society downplay drinking and driving to the extents that they have all these yrs but I wish it would change...

I agree with ya there's only so much coaches can do. But if they were to make it known that it's a 1 strike and your out policy instead of 2, 3 or however many they have maybe that'd help.
Drinking and driving is taken much more seriously now than it was in the 70s and 80s. In the olden days, it was almost a badge of courage to "cowboy up" and get home from the bars. Severely stiffened penalties and groups like MADD changed the culture. For the better. I am not in favor of 1 strike and you are out for a 20 year old kid, because everyone can make a mistake and learn from it. And, I am confident that drinking and driving is discussed a lot with these young men, along with the many other pitfalls they face as they move through their college years under heavy public scrutiny.

Drinking and driving is taken much more seriously now than it was in the 70s and 80s. In the olden days, it was almost a badge of courage to "cowboy up" and get home from the bars. Severely stiffened penalties and groups like MADD changed the culture. For the better. I am not in favor of 1 strike and you are out for a 20 year old kid, because everyone can make a mistake and learn from it. And, I am confident that drinking and driving is discussed a lot with these young men, along with the many other pitfalls they face as they move through their college years under heavy public scrutiny.
I agree to disagree with this. It's too serious of a thing to me. It's a life and death thing that's being risked over and how old someone is doesn't matter. A 19 yr old knows just as much as a 22 yr old how bad it is to do. And if they don't then that's on the coaches/teachers and parents around them. But they fully should. It's a decision that one makes. A mistake is missing a free throw or making a bad pass. Deciding to drink and drive is way more serious of a thing to me then to just call it a mistake. It's possible to learn from others having made the same wrong decisions in the past and there's millions examples of those to show.

We show tape of how to improve players game on the floor/field. Why can't they show examples of the results of drinking and driving to them and tell them if you're convicted of DWI, DUI or anything of the sort regardless of any property damage or injuries incurred you lose the privilege of being a scholarship athlete. If a player is dumb enough to still do it knowing full well that's the result then that's on them. I think that'd shape up kids pretty quickly.

I agree to disagree with this. It's too serious of a thing to me. It's a life and death thing that's being risked over and how old someone is doesn't matter. A 19 yr old knows just as much as a 22 yr old how bad it is to do. And if they don't then that's on the coaches/teachers and parents around them. But they fully should. It's a decision that one makes. A mistake is missing a free throw or making a bad pass. Deciding to drink and drive is way more serious of a thing to me then to just call it a mistake. It's possible to learn from others having made the same wrong decisions in the past and there's millions examples of those to show.

We show tape of how to improve players game on the floor/field. Why can't they show examples of the results of drinking and driving to them and tell them if you're convicted of DWI, DUI or anything of the sort regardless of any property damage or injuries incurred you lose the privilege of being a scholarship athlete. If a player is dumb enough to still do it knowing full well that's the result then that's on them. I think that'd shape up kids pretty quickly.

It sounds like the accident that killed Khyree Jackson and 2 of his HS teammates was caused by a drunk driver, although the investigation is pending:

It sounds like the accident that killed Khyree Jackson and 2 of his HS teammates was caused by a drunk driver, although the investigation is pending:
Sad Sad deal... 100% preventable

Have you seen what the OSU HC Gundy said the other day about one of his RBs getting dinged for it? It was wild. He basically admitted to having done it thousands of times and downplaying it. He's gonna get some blowback for what he said.