Tony Perkins to the Portal

I think people are just pulling figures out of their you-know-what. Unless the players or collectives are talking, there's no disclosure required. And in a lot of these cases, there can be a bidding war. So, the initial number being thrown out isn't always the final number.

I think people are just pulling figures out of their you-know-what. Unless the players or collectives are talking, there's no disclosure required. And in a lot of these cases, there can be a bidding war. So, the initial number being thrown out isn't always the final number.

There have also been some instances where a collective will get a commit then have to come back and say they can't really afford the amount they agreed to, the recruit is then back out there. It's a nasty business.

Saw on the on2 transfer portal website where it listed Tony as 100% going to Mizzou. Didn't say he was committed but there must be a reason they listed that.

Arkansas with that Walmart $ can win any bidding war they pretty much want to get into.. Aren't they working hand in hand with their collective?

Mizzou is an interesting case study. I assume some of you have noticed in the last several years that their athletics have been trending upwards with success. A lot of that has to do with getting their financial house in order which I assume includes NIL.

Several years ago, Miizzou hired a new athletic director, Desiree Reed-Francoi, whose forte is fundraising. She had done this at UNLV, which if you noticed, also had an uptick in success after she went there as AD and got their financial house in order.

So, Mizzou can show Tony the money...........

Interestingly, the Univ of Arizona just hired Reed-Francoi away from Miizzou to get their financial house in order as they head into the Big 12. She attended law school at UofA so in a sense she is coming home.

As Rob and others have pounded in our heads here in HN, Money talks and BS walks, so to speak. I guess it's now up to Beth Goetz to get our NIL house in order.

The transfer era definitely has some positives and negatives, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find two better examples of why it's awesome than Tony and Patrick.

Those guys are mature young men who are ready to make decisions in their best interests. They've spent four and five years at the same university. They've had their undergraduate experience, made their lifelong friends, grown from boys into men, and will always have one true alma mater. They gave blood, sweat and tears to a single program.

What a cool opportunity now. A chance to try living in another part of the country. Or back closer to home. Maybe to see what it's like being recruited by Oregon and living in Eugene for a year. Maybe trying grad school for free. Maybe collecting $200,000 to jump start your adult life after basketball wraps up.

Amazing. Hope they soak it all in and enjoy themselves next year. Lucky bastards. (Even though they've earned it).

The transfer era definitely has some positives and negatives, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find two better examples of why it's awesome than Tony and Patrick.

Those guys are mature young men who are ready to make decisions in their best interests. They've spent four and five years at the same university. They've had their undergraduate experience, made their lifelong friends, grown from boys into men, and will always have one true alma mater. They gave blood, sweat and tears to a single program.

What a cool opportunity now. A chance to try living in another part of the country. Or back closer to home. Maybe to see what it's like being recruited by Oregon and living in Eugene for a year. Maybe trying grad school for free. Maybe collecting $200,000 to jump start your adult life after basketball wraps up.

Amazing. Hope they soak it all in and enjoy themselves next year. Lucky bastards. (Even though they've earned it).
There you go again, making sense and paying attention to the human side.

Arkansas may be out. Coach Eric Musselman just took the USC job.

Eric has been one of my favorite coaches since he was at Nevada. He is good at both X's and O's and recruiting. Now with the job switch and conference realignment we get the pleasure of playing his teams

Who chooses schools based only on money? Everyone? Or is money a factor for student-athletes like it is when Darian DeVries leaves Drake for WVU?
I cannot speak for all to your question but income from sports while in college is a relatively new parameter here. I don't like it, I think it is bad for the game. My opinion and I'm sure yours is different. That's ok.

Latest posts