OFFICIAL FIRE TIM LESTER THREAD

Not long ago. I started getting my coffee through the mail. It is fresh roasted and ground.The coffee comes from around the world. Africa, Mexico, Central and South America. I receive a card explaining the origins, types of growing areas and climates, boldness ratings, and cool photos. Have not met a variety I did not like. Fun times. I do have the option of individual selections, but so far I like exploring.

So no Folgers or Sanka?

I can taste the bitterness now pulling a cup from a percolator where coffee has been convalescing for 4 hrs.

Actually, I brew a pot of coffee and get if off my Mr. Coffee warming pad when done and into a stainless steel carafe. I don't even let it keep burning on the heat pad on the machine.

You reminded me of a guy... he was an IT consultant... he told me .. its hard to believe that he used to drink over 5 pots of coffee a day. I said "Pots? or cups"? he said Pots of coffee.

I subscribe to Brass Ring Coffee. Local roaster in Iowa City that delivers a pound of fresh roasted whole beans every Friday.

$15 / pound! seems like a lot but compared to buying at a coffee shop its cheap... divide that by #of servings and its pretty economical

Not to derail the coffee discussion because it has been great but it has been brought to my attention that our OC was seen in HyVee and in his shopping cart was a pack of Dude Wipes Medicated with Witch Hazel. Now there is nothing wrong with Dude Wipes but Witch Hazel? That is some voodoo shit right there and I don't want our OC dabbling in witchcraft. FIRE TIM (WICKED) LESTER

You reminded me of a guy... he was an IT consultant... he told me .. its hard to believe that he used to drink over 5 pots of coffee a day. I said "Pots? or cups"? he said Pots of coffee.
Yeah, I don't think so. That's more water than people drink in one day.

It's not cheap, but I'm always willing to pay a little extra to support local. I used to buy Verena Street from HyVee, but this stuff is way better.
Verena Street Shot Tower Espresso is the only K-Cup coffee I can stand. I have a Keurig because my kid uses it, and when I don't feel like making an entire pot I use it. Verena Street is solid.

Verena Street Shot Tower Espresso is the only K-Cup coffee I can stand. I have a Keurig because my kid uses it, and when I don't feel like making an entire pot I use it. Verena Street is solid.
I've had a couple Verena St. products that are good but it is hit & miss, like many products are I guess. I don't do espresso though.

Latest posts