Something I heard re: QB's and Ruddock

BSpringsteen

Heard from a buddy that the drop between Ruddock and JVB is pretty steep, but that the staff is EXTREMELY high on Sokol and expects him to win the competition handily next year.

Anyone else with real connections hear anything similar?

Heard from a buddy that the drop between Ruddock and JVB is pretty steep, but that the staff is EXTREMELY high on Sokol and expects him to win the competition handily next year.

They are saving Sokol for next year and we will make another run. 2013 and 2014 will be big.

No other team in America has the same level of "Bill Brasky Syndrome" when it comes to our backup QBs. :(

Old ground here, but was AJ Derby that bad as a QB? I thought his move to LB last year was because Rudock was doing that well. Now Rudock's not good enough to even get in during mop up time? What's the dealio?

Old ground here, but was AJ Derby that bad as a QB? I thought his move to LB last year was because Rudock was doing that well. Now Rudock's not good enough to even get in during mop up time? What's the dealio?

GREAT question

Heard the same thing before: there was a huge gap between J. Christensen and Stanzi. Yeah, that really turned out to be true didn't it?

Ruddock won't see the field at Iowa, system change and it is clear GD wants his own QB. Like a new coach in the NFL, he doesn't want ties to the previous coach. If I'm jake, and i feel it is clear in spring that the choice has been made already, i transfer to a school who has a senior starting QB.

Look at AJ's Coffeyville stats and that should be enough to tell you.

When the starter stinks - is the worst in the conference and one of the worst among the 110 or so teams, and you also have a huge drop off from him to the next guy...... I'm concerned. Only at Iowa.

How can you tell how well the other guys see the field until they get in?

Ruddock won't see the field at Iowa, system change and it is clear GD wants his own QB. Like a new coach in the NFL, he doesn't want ties to the previous coach. If I'm jake, and i feel it is clear in spring that the choice has been made already, i transfer to a school who has a senior starting QB.

Davis was never intended to be a long term option at OC.

This whole "gap between QBs is huge" is pure garbage and is a self-perpetuating, echo-effect myth. We were told Banks wasn't ready in 2001 and he promptly leads us next season to our best season ever and finishes runner up in the Heisman. Either our coaching staff is blind or he made the greatest leap in the history of college football between those two years. I'll take the former.

We were told that the gap between Stanzi and Christensen was so great....yep, that turned out to be a complete lie.

Coker doesn't see the field at all until the bowl game and proceeds to go for 2 bills. Does anyone in their right mind think that Robinson would have run for anywhere close to that?

Weisman doesn't see ANY time at RB until an injury, he then proceeds to run for 4 straight 100yd games with a 200yd game thrown in for good measure.

I have full faith and confidence in KFs ability to spot and play the best OL. The number of all conference performers and NFL OL is a testament to that. But his ability to gauge the talent of skill position players is so obscenely bad that it borders on laughable.

I still think this is a silly reason to not play him.

So what can happen?

Rudock plays like crap and we continue to lose OR he comes in plays decent and we have a battle next year for the starting QB.

I don't see a problem with either of those scenarios.

Latest posts