Montell Marion

Ugh...arrested for domestic assault in IC today. Per a Marc Morehouse tweet.

Don't worry folks, a certain hormone in women make them super women and they don't get hurt. Any type of physical abuse against women or women against men should not be tolerated.
Why can't men just walk away?

Any of you guys ever been arrested?

Not 18 bazillion times (for the record, I've never been arrested). It's just frustrating to see a kid with so much potential routinely do stupid things. Marion himself has admitted he's done a lot of stupid things. It'd just be nice if he could actually learn from those mistakes, rather than repeat them.

Not good, a lot of people were looking forward to his international career. I'm guessing he won't be joining the HWC now.

Now that Montell is no longer a hawkeye im sure the fans will come down hard on him. I mean why not? He has no eligability left right?

Now that Montell is no longer a hawkeye im sure the fans will come down hard on him. I mean why not? He has no eligability left right?

It isn't the fact that he has no eligibility left that people will be hard on him, it is the fact that he has used his 3 strikes (or more) with the law in a short period of time and didn't learn his lesson.

Marion was, is and will always be a punk! He never changed and he has been allowed to continue his antics. He should have been kicked off the team after his last episode, but again was spared an opportunity to learn a lesson. The sooner they get him away from Iowa City the better.

For the record, I didn't agree with allowing him back on the team. I felt he should have to learn his lesson and face the consequences for his long list of actions. But he was pretty well welcomed back into the program with open arms because he was a national champion-caliber talent. Exactly like how we admonish the SEC for the same thing in football.

Marion was, is and will always be a punk! He never changed and he has been allowed to continue his antics. He should have been kicked off the team after his last episode, but again was spared an opportunity to learn a lesson. The sooner they get him away from Iowa City the better.

that started waaayyy before iowa city. same 'entitlement' mentality in the WDM school system - like ma like son.

I met this kid when he was YOUNG. His dad is a real piece. Hopefully it's not to late for him to get his head on straight but I have my doubts.