Montell Marion

Now that Montell is no longer a hawkeye im sure the fans will come down hard on him. I mean why not? He has no eligability left right?

Many people on this forum have come down hard on Montell for years. Has nothing to do w/ his eligibility. I'll miss having a stud at 141, but certainly won't miss having to deal with this **** from that loser every year.

its time for prisons to start wrestling leagues. long and marion could be the headliner when cero guerdo and Johnson counties square off. afterword they could compare their spiderweb on the elbow prison tatoos, cell mates, prison food, and talk about how they're turning their lives around.

I'm trying to figure out his off the mat personality. When he steps on the mat he's more laid back than anyone I've ever seen...at times too laid back. Hard to imagine him doing these things to get him arrested. I was/am a fan of Montell because of what he's done on the mat, he's just really hard to figure out.

the first thing i will say is there is always two sides to every story. that being said, it is sad to see this happen. we talked with mm's parent's at a couple of duals and montel even picked our son up and took a some what animated picture with him. Seemed like he really had things straight. Like goiahawks said, just really hard to figure this one out. If the charges fit the crime, then for mm's sake, i hope this is what will finally break through and get him on the straight and narrow.

For the record, I didn't agree with allowing him back on the team. I felt he should have to learn his lesson and face the consequences for his long list of actions. But he was pretty well welcomed back into the program with open arms because he was a national champion-caliber talent. Exactly like how we admonish the SEC for the same thing in football.

Just speculating on my part, but I wonder if keeping him around was a way to keep him away from Ok St, PSU, etc. The only other team who could have used him at the time was Cornell, but they wouldn't have taken him, I imagine.

Never was a Marion fan. Why? Montell only did what Montell wanted to do. If he felt like wrestling then he would. If he didn't then he wouldn't. He had all the potential to be a national champ. It all comes down to ATTITUDE.

Sounds like this will blow over so to speak... He said/she said type of deal. The only thing that might hurt Montell is his "track record".

Latest posts