Nice mention for Adrian Clayborn

=

his being out of shape is speculation...i feel he was either out of shape or hurt or both as a senior. but the s&c stuff isnt...i have a brother that does it and 1 cousin that does it and 1 cousin that used to. plus i played a college sport and dealt with s&c people. they focus on the younger guys and expect the older guys to lead and do what they have been taught and setup to do.

Unless and until you've accessed Chris Doyle's contract, you have no idea about which you speak.
Look foval, I'm not trying to square off with you, I'm just pointing out that you really don't know what Doyle's mandate is, nor do you know what goes on inside the Iowa FB program, specifically the conditioning components.

I stand by my assertion that Doyle is partially responsible for AC's poor fitness SR year.

=his being out of shape is speculation...i feel he was either out of shape or hurt or both as a senior. but the s&c stuff isnt...i have a brother that does it and 1 cousin that does it and 1 cousin that used to. plus i played a college sport and dealt with s&c people. they focus on the younger guys and expect the older guys to lead and do what they have been taught and setup to do.
Unless and until you've accessed Chris Doyle's contract, you have no idea about which you speak.Look foval, I'm not trying to square off with you, I'm just pointing out that you really don't know what Doyle's mandate is, nor do you know what goes on inside the Iowa FB program, specifically the conditioning components.I stand by my assertion that Doyle is partially responsible for AC's poor fitness SR year.

in fact 1 of those 3 went through doyle's program as he was an iowa football player and got his degree in s&c from iowa. but again what would i know...i understand his job but the horse and water comes to mind...im pretty sure you are smart enough to know the saying.

Unless and until you've accessed Chris Doyle's contract, you have no idea about which you speak.
Look foval, I'm not trying to square off with you, I'm just pointing out that you really don't know what Doyle's mandate is, nor do you know what goes on inside the Iowa FB program, specifically the conditioning components.

I stand by my assertion that Doyle is partially responsible for AC's poor fitness SR year.

Sorry, but you're completely wrong. It is widely known that the older guys are more on their own than the younger guys that most of the time have to be completely re-taught on how to lift properly. I'm sure Doyle still supervises and helps out with the upperclassmen, but he focuses on the younger guys for the most part.

This is a fact as I asked many of the Freshmen players this year in my dorm about it and actually got a photocopy of their workout plan.

=

his being out of shape is speculation...i feel he was either out of shape or hurt or both as a senior. but the s&c stuff isn't...i have a brother that does it and 1 cousin that does it and 1 cousin that used to. plus i played a college sport and dealt with s&c people. they focus on the younger guys and expect the older guys to lead and do what they have been taught and setup to do.

I think it's more observation than speculation. AC looked gassed week in and week out and was having trouble even getting off the line at some points in the game. With that, I think you have to put that blame on Adrian instead of Doyle since other players weren't in the same situation. You would also think that as a Senior AC would know if he was falling behind in the conditioning department and take care of it himself.

=his being out of shape is speculation...i feel he was either out of shape or hurt or both as a senior. but the s&c stuff isn't...i have a brother that does it and 1 cousin that does it and 1 cousin that used to. plus i played a college sport and dealt with s&c people. they focus on the younger guys and expect the older guys to lead and do what they have been taught and setup to do.
I think it's more observation than speculation. AC looked gassed week in and week out and was having trouble even getting off the line at some points in the game. With that, I think you have to put that blame on Adrian instead of Doyle since other players weren't in the same situation. You would also think that as a Senior AC would know if he was falling behind in the conditioning department and take care of it himself.

i see what you say with observation over speculation but he also dealt with a lot of doubles and rubs his sr yr...he actually could have been in better shape but went up against much more individualized schemes to tire him out and take him out of the game...that could account for it (that is why i say speculation). but i agree your theory observation is probably more likely correct.

We are all in agreement that AC was out of shape and/or possibly dinged up SR year.
We are NOT in agreement when it comes to responsibility for AC's apparent lack of conditioning/fitness.
Me? I look to the STRENGTH & CONDITIONING coach for answers.
Y'all look to the player, and only the player.
Whatevs. Agree to disagree...logic, functional role, and precedent be damned.
/out

We are all in agreement that AC was out of shape and/or possibly dinged up SR year.
We are NOT in agreement when it comes to responsibility for AC's apparent lack of conditioning/fitness.
Me? I look to the STRENGTH & CONDITIONING coach for answers.
Y'all look to the player, and only the player.
Whatevs. Agree to disagree...logic, functional role, and precedent be damned.
/out

You do make a good point in a lot of what you're saying. After all of the injuries in the past few years and the rhabdo incident I wonder if Doyle knows WTF he's doing sometimes.

We are all in agreement that AC was out of shape and/or possibly dinged up SR year.We are NOT in agreement when it comes to responsibility for AC's apparent lack of conditioning/fitness.Me? I look to the STRENGTH & CONDITIONING coach for answers.Y'all look to the player, and only the player.Whatevs. Agree to disagree...logic, functional role, and precedent be damned./out

lead your horse to water and try to force him to drink, if he isnt thirsty i bet he wont.

i was a college baseball player (catcher). i ran every day to keep my legs in shape to catch 9 innings or a double header everyday. that isnt on the coach to keep me in shape. i had to do it or the coach would replace me because someone else could do it better. the sad thing is he struggled yet was still better than the guy behind him (otherwise kf would have put someone else in). personal responsibility...i cant blame my shortcomings on someone else...i would bet ac wouldnt blame his down senior yr on doyle. does that mean doyle shouldnt have tried to get him going...no it doesnt but maybe he did and ac didnt listen. nobody knows. and since no one knows except ac and doyle and other coaches and players (maybe) i would rather put it on the individual because you can only account for your own actions...personal responsibility.

You do make a good point in a lot of what you're saying. After all of the injuries in the past few years and the rhabdo incident I wonder if Doyle knows WTF he's doing sometimes.

I can't figure you out, Sparky. Are you an Iowa fan?

Not flaming, not trolling you. Just asking a sincere question, hoping for an honest answer.

I'll throw another AC theory out there. We were also seriously banged up at LB that year and I remember from re-watching some of the games that AC and Binns/Ballard would often make contact with the O-line and then drop back a couple of steps to contain instead of penetrate. Norm's best defenses were always based on good lines that could penetrate and harass but were also quick enough to tackle. The lines would occupy the blockers, and if they couldn't make the tackle the linebackers were there. In 2010 the linebackers weren't always there, they were usually on the sideline not in uniform. Even though AC was very good at getting to the QB he was also very good at tackling the runner, remember him chasing down 'zona's rb from behind. He was not a one dimensional guy who was only good at getting to the QB.