Rodman is in the HOF...
and look at his stats in college. He could score. He was on teams that all he had to do was worry about defense and rebounding. Ron Harper was a great(not all time great) scorer who had knee issues that reduced him to a damn good role player with the Bulls.

it was a simple move for Allen....sort of like if you can't beat'em join them.
Except for the Fact that Boston was not ready to concede to the Heat yet. But Allen was!

Even without Allen the Heat were overwhelming favorites in the East so its not like this move puts them over the top, just increases the already huge gape between them and everyone else in the east.

Even without Allen the Heat were overwhelming favorites in the East so its not like this move puts them over the top, just increases the already huge gape between them and everyone else in the east.

I don't think there is a huge gap between Heat and Celtics, a injured Celtics team gave them all they could handle!

Did Kukoc, Harper and Rodman really just get compared to say....Bosh and Allen. The latter are hall of famers, the others were solid role players. And yes I know Rodman was a great rebounder...who couldn't make a layup.

really bosh is a hall of famer?...i wouldnt go that far he is great right now but that doesnt mean hof, down the road possibly but not yet. rodman was a solid scorer in college and scored for the pistons early. later in his career he stopped scoring except on put backs.

Why do people keep forgetting this? He got in pretty recently.

Maybe people forget because he shouldn't be there...I am not saying he was a bad player, but just not sure if a guy that averages 7.3 ppg and 13.1 rpg is an elite player. I know he had some monster rpg years where he was 17 and 18+, but I think the fact that he was on some great teams and has the "rings" is what got him there.
Very good player, but not an elite player IMHO.

really bosh is a hall of famer?...i wouldnt go that far he is great right now but that doesnt mean hof, down the road possibly but not yet. rodman was a solid scorer in college and scored for the pistons early. later in his career he stopped scoring except on put backs.

Rodman's highest ppg total in a season: 11 ppg and 7.3 for a career...he kinda scored on put backs his whole career. He got transition buckets as well because he played so hard and ran the floor as good or better than anyone.

Rodman's highest ppg total in a season: 11 ppg and 7.3 for a career...he kinda scored on put backs his whole career. He got transition buckets as well because he played so hard and ran the floor as good or better than anyone.

and don't forget he was an elite defender. He would guard anyone from the 1 to the 4.

and don't forget he was an elite defender. He would guard anyone from the 1 to the 4.

not 1 to 4...he could guard all 5 positions. he even made all-nba 3rd team a few times and was a 9 or 10 point a game guy...this aint no dwight howard that just blocks shots, rebounds and dunks because he is bigger than everyone else. he was tasked with guarding and disrupting the best player on the other team and did it better than anyone ever (imo). he was a 6'6 phenomenal rebounder and defender that changed the game. anyone that would question whether he is truly a hall of famer doesnt understand what he brought to the game. he wasnt a dominant scorer but he was a dominant basketball player.

rodman is the guy that would show james and durant and kobe and anthony and any others that even dominant scorers can be shutdown. he would have all of them mentally messed up and physically beat up. here is to the greatness of that was dennis rodman...i can overlook his antics because he was one of my favorite on court players to watch.

.i can overlook his antics because he was one of my favorite on court players to watch.

he was my g-mas favorite player to watch because he played with reckless abandon. she was very conservative and didn't like the antics but she loved to watch him play ball.

I'm just curious about the motivations of the debate I'm reading in this thread. Any of you, who haven't already, care to name your favorite pro teams and why?

jfkandlbj1.jpeg

While I like this move for the Heat, I think Nash would have been a WAY bigger move if they could have pulled it off. I don't know how they're going to position everyone if Allen is a starter, which it said in the article was the plan. Wade, Allen, Bron, Bosh, Center?
Chalmers, allen, Wade, Bron, Bosh? I just don't know how they do it.

While I like this move for the Heat, I think Nash would have been a WAY bigger move if they could have pulled it off. I don't know how they're going to position everyone if Allen is a starter, which it said in the article was the plan. Wade, Allen, Bron, Bosh, Center?

Ive read/heard a couple people say allen will most likely will come off the bench, but I also heard that he didn't like coming off the bench when he got demoted with the celtics. I dont really know how it will play out.

bosh has made comment that he is willing to play more center to help the team out. i figure chalmers (pg), allen (sg), wade (sf), james (pf), bosh (c). then they can do rotations moving bosh to pf some and wade to sg and things of that nature.

nash would have been a bad fit for this team they need a shooter at pg not a ball dominating pg...just the way they are set up.

The last thing Miami needed to do was bring in Steve Nash. Their strength the last two seasons has been terrific perimeter defense, bringing in Nash negates that right away. Miami also loves to trap all over the court, it's hard to try when you have as poor of defensive player as Nash on the court. Also, their best offense is running everything through LeBron like they started doing at the end of the playoffs. Why bring in another player to take the ball out of the hands of the best player in the league?