I think we'll lose

We cant pressure the QB regardless of the other teams pass-blocking... We're going to get absolutely gashed by their RB. He's averaging 160+ yds/gm and we're HORRIBLE against the run. I'd be shocked if we hold him under 200 yards. SHOCKED.

Yes, it is going to be a LONG, LONG, LONG season.

I hope I am WAY wrong, but I haven't seen anything to make me believe this team can (and by their demeanor last Sat even cares enough) to make as much improvement as it needed.

You'd really be shocked if we held him under 200 yards? Gosh, we overreact to one game don't we? We'll hold him under 125 IMO. Not like Norm's gonna change the D into the '86 Bears in one week but the D will improve.

If we would have won last week this game would have worried me. I think we win going away personally. Will we have Bernstine back? I think we really missed him last week. Could have used his physicality in the run game.

You'd really be shocked if we held him under 200 yards? Gosh, we overreact to one game don't we? We'll hold him under 125 IMO. Not like Norm's gonna change the D into the '86 Bears in one week but the D will improve.

when was the last time we held anyone under 125?

when was the last time we held anyone under 125?

My bad, I meant the '85 Bears D. Anyway, I was just talking about Graham the RB and not Pitt's O as a whole. Did ISU's RB get 125? Can't remember. I don't think Tenn Tech's RB got 125 nor did several RBs last year.

I see all the posters on here presumptively and prematurely calling an end to Iowa's season. And I see people doubting the defensive line, and the tight ends, and the coaches. Well I guess that tells you what a decade of success buys you, NOTHING!

But that okay, thats okay. We don't cry about spilled milk in the greatest sport of em all. We tune it all out, that right, we tune it out. We hit that field and hit anything thats in front of us. We won't look back until its all over, and then well look back at the trail of bodies and ask what that bought us, and the answer will still be nothing. But thats okay, thats okay, because well do it all again next year.

I thought women's world cup soccer was the greatest sport of all?

For the record, I'm not overreacting to one game. I predicted the Pitt loss before the season started. I normally stand by initial predictions unless injuries start piling up for one team or the other.
I agree that some people are overreacting to ISU. I also agree that others are under- reacting to the apparent problems we have right now.

Some of you need to take a step back away from the ledge.

Louisana Monroe
Bye
@Penn St.
Northwestern
Indiana
@Minnesota

The Hawks could still be a work in progress and win 5 in a row or at least 4 of 5.

I'm hopeful last week was not a preview of the season but

@penn state A team that owes us payback, a solid D not a guarantee
NW - OWNS us
Indiana should have beat us last year
@ MINN I was there for the debacle last year, not a guaranteed W this year

"Brian Kaldenberg attended Iowa State University and holds a bachelor’s degree in Marketing. He started his first e-commerce business as a Junior in college."

About Kaldenberg Consulting

You aren't permitted to use the word "we" when referring to the University of Iowa Hawkeyes, pal. Never again. Friggen clown.

Latest posts