I think we'll lose

briankaldenberg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au25CyIul28]TULSA CUT UPS OFFENSE - YouTube[/ame]

This is what's coming.

I'd much rather be facing the Wandstedt Pitt offense.

Tulsa's line and QB were better. Realize that Pitt is playing there third game in this offense. Tulsa scored a lot of points last season but they weren't unstoppable, especially on the road. Will they score points, yes. Will they stop us, unlikely. They are making dramatic changes on both sides of the ball. We have faced this offense two weeks in a row, I have faith the defense will improve.

Pitt with new coaching staff and new system on the road for the first time.

Iowa coming off a tough loss and players should have had the attention of the coaching staff this week in practice.

I think Iowa wins.

Yes, highlights of a Tulsa team from three years ago whose offense was run by Gus Malzahn, possibly the greatest offensive mind in college football, who is at Auburn (not Pittsburgh) now certainly seems like solid evidence that Iowa will lose on Saturday.

The QB that Pitt currently has does not possess the skills needed to adequately run their offense as it's currently designed. He holds the ball too long and their OL sucks at pass blocking.

The running scheme is well designed and they do have a stud RB that will get some yards and probably points.

Bottom line, if Iowa loses this one, it's going to be a long, long, long season.

The QB that Pitt currently has does not possess the skills needed to adequately run their offense as it's currently designed. He holds the ball too long and their OL sucks at pass blocking.

The running scheme is well designed and they do have a stud RB that will get some yards and probably points.

Bottom line, if Iowa loses this one, it's going to be a long, long, long season.

We cant pressure the QB regardless of the other teams pass-blocking... We're going to get absolutely gashed by their RB. He's averaging 160+ yds/gm and we're HORRIBLE against the run. I'd be shocked if we hold him under 200 yards. SHOCKED.

Yes, it is going to be a LONG, LONG, LONG season.

I hope I am WAY wrong, but I haven't seen anything to make me believe this team can (and by their demeanor last Sat even cares enough) to make as much improvement as it needed.

If our defensive line performs tomorrow like it did last weekend, it's gonna be a long day. I'm hoping they've made strides in the last few days. Offensively, I wouldn't be worried except it's Ferentz we're talking about. If we offensively try and win this game, I like our chances. If we play like we always do, it will come down to a 4th qtr. drive like always.

I predicted a loss to Pitt before the season started. I haven't seen anything so far that changes my mind.

I see all the posters on here presumptively and prematurely calling an end to Iowa's season. And I see people doubting the defensive line, and the tight ends, and the coaches. Well I guess that tells you what a decade of success buys you, NOTHING!

But that okay, thats okay. We don't cry about spilled milk in the greatest sport of em all. We tune it all out, that right, we tune it out. We hit that field and hit anything thats in front of us. We won't look back until its all over, and then well look back at the trail of bodies and ask what that bought us, and the answer will still be nothing. But thats okay, thats okay, because well do it all again next year.

I see all the posters on here presumptively and prematurely calling an end to Iowa's season. And I see people doubting the defensive line, and the tight ends, and the coaches. Well I guess that tells you what a decade of success buys you, NOTHING!
I'm sure people are being a little pessimistic based upon 1 game, especially being a rivalry game in which most years you can throw out the talent level of both teams. However, you are using Nebraska logic here (we won 5 National Titles, so we are automatically world beaters).

Iowa's defense and linebacking core are the fastest I've seen since the Greenway Hodge days... I dont have any doubt Iowa will win.... 30-24

I like your design of Hawkeye Nation, but you need to come up out of the basement and learn some social skills.

We cant pressure the QB regardless of the other teams pass-blocking... We're going to get absolutely gashed by their RB. He's averaging 160+ yds/gm and we're HORRIBLE against the run. I'd be shocked if we hold him under 200 yards. SHOCKED.

Yes, it is going to be a LONG, LONG, LONG season.

I hope I am WAY wrong, but I haven't seen anything to make me believe this team can (and by their demeanor last Sat even cares enough) to make as much improvement as it needed.

I know that Buffalo and Maine are defensive Jugernauts, but I don't really think we will give up more yards than those 2 teams. Come on be serious

Iowa's defense and linebacking core are the fastest I've seen since the Greenway Hodge days... I dont have any doubt Iowa will win.... 30-24

Did you accidentally watch the game in fast forward on your tivo or something? Speed would not be the term used to describe them.

Some of you need to take a step back away from the ledge.

Louisana Monroe
Bye
@Penn St.
Northwestern
Indiana
@Minnesota

The Hawks could still be a work in progress and win 5 in a row or at least 4 of 5.

Latest posts