Way to go Hawks

ChosenChildren

I haven't been a very good fan - I've complained a lot and lost some patience. I'm done with that. A bunch of young kids played hard tonight and won a game. Way to go Hawks.

We need to cheer for this team, even though they may be outmatched in most of their remaining games. They are young kids and they are giving everything they have.

They played hard and fought and won by 5 points!!!!! This is the worst team on our schedule (beside us). Congrats to the kids to keep their moral high but this is getting pathetic that we now get excited about winning against a 4-11 mid-major team!! Wow. We should drop out of the Big Ten if this is what we expect now. Sorry but I just don't accept this mentality.

They played hard and fought and won by 5 points!!!!! This is the worst team on our schedule (beside us). Congrats to the kids for their moral but this is getting pathetic that we excited about winning against a 4-11 mid-major team!! Wow. We should drop out of the Big Ten if this is what we expect now. Sorry but I just don't accept this mentality.

I didn't see any "accepting of that mentality" in the OP. The OP sounds like a guy who knows what this teams limitations are - and there are many - but appreciates the effort no matter the outcome.

Amen...I really enjoyed listening to this game. This may be the worst team of my lifetime (or my grandfathers for that matter), but the kids play hard. I don't really see them beating a Big Ten team this year so you just have to enjoy the small victories. Go Hawks!

I just don't think I'm helping anyone by being negative about this team and posting negative threads.

Here are some positives: All of the players on this team are back next year. May, Payne and Cougill are freshmen and I believe Gatens is back as well. Fuller is getting better. You have to assume they will get better. I'm staying in the light and staying positive - why not?

I remember Ferentz winning only one game his first year and I believe he lost 13 consecutive Big Ten games before stunning Michigan State at home.

I'm just not going to give up on Lickliter - let's see what happens the rest of this year and next year when more recruits come in.

I wish the Iowa fans would show up for the games - but maybe it is too much to ask at this point.

Alright, I'll be positive too!! HUGE WIN FOR THE HAWKS!!!! IT WAS A GREAT GAME!! I will remember this one all season!! Big game Saturday too against PSU!! Dozens of fans - including myself - will be in attendance!!

Sorry to be negative here but a concerning but honest question for all of you, does Carver sell out again?

Alright, I'll be positive too!! HUGE WIN FOR THE HAWKS!!!! IT WAS A GREAT GAME!! I will remember this one all season!! Big game Saturday too against PSU!! Dozens of fans - including myself - will be in attendance!!

Sorry to be negative here but a concerning but honest question for all of you, does Carver sell out again?

you mean this year...or ever?

PSU might have a lot of fans there. Students coming back. Football team announced. Could be close to a sell out. Maybe 13k?

I just don't think I'm helping anyone by being negative about this team and posting negative threads.

Here are some positives: All of the players on this team are back next year. May, Payne and Cougill are freshmen and I believe Gatens is back as well. Fuller is getting better. You have to assume they will get better. I'm staying in the light and staying positive - why not?

Here is somebody with the right mind set regarding the basketball team this season.

The exact opposite.

Comparing football and basketball rebuilding is not logical. It takes much more to build a football team - Kirk did that by year three (Alamo Bowl season) - than it does with a basketball team - Lick is ON year three. You need 22 players for football and only 5 for basketball. Really for basketball you could get two studs and role players around them and be quite successful. People need to quit comparing the two. If you want to compare, then compare two basketball programs on the same level. For example: Minnesota and Iowa. Both started with new coaches at same time and both were in shambles when coaches took over.

Comparing football and basketball rebuilding is not logical. It takes much more to build a football team - Kirk did that by year three (Alamo Bowl season) - than it does with a basketball team - Lick is ON year three. You need 22 players for football and only 5 for basketball. Really for basketball you could get two studs and role players around them and be quite successful. People need to quit comparing the two. If you want to compare, then compare two basketball programs on the same level. For example: Minnesota and Iowa. Both started with new coaches at same time and both were in shambles when coaches took over.

No ones comparing them I was just wondering if fans would show up at Iowa games if they were winning 1 or 2 games a year

PSU might have a lot of fans there. Students coming back. Football team announced. Could be close to a sell out. Maybe 13k?

I can see this happening, however, I'd like to see where the numbers go after halftime. I'd say 5000 or so will come strictly for the football team and then leave.

How do think 2001 would have turned out if Kirk lost a 1/3 of his roster after 2000, and lets just say that those players included Dallas Clark, Bob Sanders, Nate Kaeding, and Brad Banks?

I remember Ferentz winning only one game his first year and I believe he lost 13 consecutive Big Ten games before stunning Michigan State at home.

I'm just not going to give up on Lickliter - let's see what happens the rest of this year and next year when more recruits come in.

I wish the Iowa fans would show up for the games - but maybe it is too much to ask at this point.

Mark the tape one year from now Iowa will be at or below their current win total they have right now...and people will still be saying, "well, give him another year with this recruiting class, and next years class looks really exciting, and cully payne knows how to run the system now, and we finally gave some opportunities to some walk-ons, and I went to CHA and there were at least 8000 people there and it was SO LOUD, and yadda yadda yadda on and on when does it end? "Can I get a Reality Check on Hawkeyenation.com please" for the Licklovers...

Mark the tape one year from now Iowa will be at or below their current win total they have right now...and people will still be saying, "well, give him another year with this recruiting class, and next years class looks really exciting, and cully payne knows how to run the system now, and we finally gave some opportunities to some walk-ons, and I went to CHA and there were at least 8000 people there and it was SO LOUD, and yadda yadda yadda on and on when does it end? "Can I get a Reality Check on Hawkeyenation.com please" for the Licklovers...

No way Iowa will be at or below their current win level next year, assuming eveyone stays, all 4 freshman come in and Lick is still the coach. Mark the tape!!!

Latest posts