New thread: OC Rumormill

I'm in, I got an A, in football theory my junior year at Iowa. My esteemed instructor, Bernie Wyatt, best two hours of A I ever got! Hey, what can I say, I was in the College of Medicine, and they said do you want to take any elective courses for shits and giggles, nice break away from organic chemistry.
I'm pretty sure having your fingernails pulled out with pliers is a nice break away from Organic Chem.

I agree if it was an internal candidate it would have been announced by now. It has to be Chryst and they are waiting for Texas’s season to be done.
There is no reason they could not announce Chryst and he could stay on through the playoffs. Chryst is going to get a gig somewhere next year, whether Iowa or elsewhere. I don't see this as a distraction that would cause a delayed announcement. This type of stuff happens all the time.

The job was just posted. There is probably some rules about how long they have to keep the position open.

I suspect KF knows who he wants, but they have to go through the process.

There is no reason they could not announce Chryst and he could stay on through the playoffs. Chryst is going to get a gig somewhere next year, whether Iowa or elsewhere. I don't see this as a distraction that would cause a delayed announcement. This type of stuff happens all the time.

The job was just posted. There is probably some rules about how long they have to keep the position open.

I suspect KF knows who he wants, but they have to go through the process.
When do I start Kirk!

1702572152732.png

Klint Kubiac's name is being mentioned as a possibility. I am favor of anything that resembles a 49ers offense!
I just don't understand why he would come back to the college ranks? Just to get OC experience at a P5 school? Would that be better experience than his gig now?

I just don't understand why he would come back to the college ranks? Just to get OC experience at a P5 school? Would that be better experience than his gig now?
Calling plays is calling plays. Its a title he has not had to my understanding.

Plus, there is a real opportunity here if you think about it. IF KF will turn over the keys and give the new OC a free hand, and he turns the offense into NOT total dog shit in short order, that coach will be spoken of highly in the media. Just sayin', got nowhere to go but up.

The other thread on this topic has gone off topic. Figure a fresh start might be useful.

Names I heard from a buddy in IC (and I recognize this is internet scuttle) is that KF took Frost's call but has no interest.

Chryst and Philben are legit candidates.

Does not sound like an internal candidate is likely.

What I was told. That and a cup of coffee......
Hope what your buddy heard is true. From a personal/professional standpoint, leaving X's and O's out, Frost doesn't seem like the type of individual KF would seek out for his staff. Way too much baggage and and major character flaws.

Hope what your buddy heard is true. From a personal/professional standpoint, leaving X's and O's out, Frost doesn't seem like the type of individual KF would seek out for his staff. Way too much baggage and and major character flaws.
Frost name was just to give Nebby something to talk about since they seem to be obsessed with us as opposed to recognizing the fact that they are “so much yesterday’s news”……no way Frost lands in IC. Just…..no effing way……

Calling plays is calling plays. Its a title he has not had to my understanding.

Plus, there is a real opportunity here if you think about it. IF KF will turn over the keys and give the new OC a free hand, and he turns the offense into NOT total dog shit in short order, that coach will be spoken of highly in the media. Just sayin', got nowhere to go but up.
Yea, that crossed my mind as well.

I took the absolute worst class in the history of college courses.

I went to a Catholic-affiliated college (I'm not Catholic as you may have surmised over the years).

To graduate you had to take 2 semesters of Old Testament, and 2 semesters of New Testament. One full year of each. Old Testament had me weighing my options between going class or walking out in front of a semi.

Because of some weird scheduling conflicts that I don't remember anymore, I had to take it at night 3 nights a week from 7-10PM at a local community college. That was bad enough, but it was over the old shitty ICN if any of you Iowa people remember that. It was the 1990s version of Zoom meetings but with a camera that didn't move and was just fixed on the entire classroom, these weird brown push button microphones, and shown on old 27" CRT TVs. The instructor was an adjunct priest in Algona who sat there the entire three hours lecturing non-stop with the camera zoomed way out so you couldn't even see the guy's facial expressions. He sat at a desk in the Algona high school and never moved, just talked.

A whole year of that with no assignments, no papers, no quizzes...nothing but a 2-3 page test at the end that was so easy I could've passed it without taking the class. And back then there were no cell phones to play on as a distraction. I remember one girl did all of her other homework during the time (I wasn't that motivated), and the other two of us just sat there and stared into infinity for three hours. That class was the genesis of my opinion that college education is completely stupid and unnecessary for 99.99985% of the population.
Agreed x 1000. Unless there's some technical aspect required, I don't even want an indoctrinate. Give me a blank slate with critical thinking skills, work ethic, common sense and loyalty and I can all but promise them they'll make a fantastic livelihood.

... However ... back on track ... give me Paul Chryst!!
Met him. Great guy. Very Kirk-like in that regard and would be a good "fit".
He's a true offensive mind and, as mentioned in reference to his strength coach, (not to mention his time at Wisc) he understands how important it is to build your team around an enormous, talented OL that can get you 5 yards whenever you want it.

I took the absolute worst class in the history of college courses.

I went to a Catholic-affiliated college (I'm not Catholic as you may have surmised over the years).

To graduate you had to take 2 semesters of Old Testament, and 2 semesters of New Testament. One full year of each. Old Testament had me weighing my options between going class or walking out in front of a semi.

Because of some weird scheduling conflicts that I don't remember anymore, I had to take it at night 3 nights a week from 7-10PM at a local community college. That was bad enough, but it was over the old shitty ICN if any of you Iowa people remember that. It was the 1990s version of Zoom meetings but with a camera that didn't move and was just fixed on the entire classroom, these weird brown push button microphones, and shown on old 27" CRT TVs. The instructor was an adjunct priest in Algona who sat there the entire three hours lecturing non-stop with the camera zoomed way out so you couldn't even see the guy's facial expressions. He sat at a desk in the Algona high school and never moved, just talked.

A whole year of that with no assignments, no papers, no quizzes...nothing but a 2-3 page test at the end that was so easy I could've passed it without taking the class. And back then there were no cell phones to play on as a distraction. I remember one girl did all of her other homework during the time (I wasn't that motivated), and the other two of us just sat there and stared into infinity for three hours. That class was the genesis of my opinion that college education is completely stupid and unnecessary for 99.99985% of the population.
I mentioned Dr Jay Holstein in a post recently (maybe the Bobby Knight RIP thread) Assume he's retired now but in the 1980's he was the most popular professor on campus. And he taught religion and pseudo philosophy classes.

He was so popular he could fill MacBride Hall damn near to Dr Richard Bovbjerg's Laysan Island display on the upper floor. And it wasn't unheard of for students on free hour, celebrities, and even prominent figures from rival teams passing through town to attend his lectures. I know for a fact Dick Vitale popped in a time or two (Holstein was from the Philly area and Vitale from New Jersey)

Holstein, for the record, hated the lecture hall. It was one of the two biggest on campus at the time (along with the Chemistry-Botany hall). And I suspect he wasn't crazy about what a circus atmosphere his lectures could become. But man what a storyteller he was.

Any former Iowa students remember the Chem-Bot lecture hall? And specifically the inferno it could be early in the fall semester? You would literally need a shower after walking out of there.

I mentioned Dr Jay Holstein in a post recently (maybe the Bobby Knight RIP thread) Assume he's retired now but in the 1980's he was the most popular professor on campus. And he taught religion and pseudo philosophy classes.

He was so popular he could fill MacBride Hall damn near to Dr Richard Bovbjerg's Laysan Island display on the upper floor. And it wasn't unheard of for students on free hour, celebrities, and even prominent figures from rival teams passing through town to attend his lectures. I know for a fact Dick Vitale popped in a time or two (Holstein was from the Philly area and Vitale from New Jersey)

Holstein, for the record, hated the lecture hall. It was one of the two biggest on campus at the time (along with the Chemistry-Botany hall). And I suspect he wasn't crazy about what a circus atmosphere his lectures could become. But man what a storyteller he was.

Any former Iowa students remember the Chem-Bot lecture hall? And specifically the inferno it could be early in the fall semester? You would literally need a shower after walking out of there.

He is still teaching Quest for Human Destiny (teaching it online).

I took a night class in Astronomy as an under grad because I wanted to immerse myself in the great unknown in order to create for myself a cosmic view of the universe. Did I mention beautiful Janet James was taking the course with me?

I had several classes there. I didn't realize it was one of or the largest lecture halls on campus but it was a large, sloping room. And yes, no AC in that building made for some uncomfortable hour long lectures to sit through.

I had several classes there. I didn't realize it was one of or the largest lecture halls on campus but it was a large, sloping room. And yes, no AC in that building made for some uncomfortable hour long lectures to sit through.
Had Economics there. Thank God it was the Spring semester. There was a smaller lecture hall in the back of the building as well. Had Western Civ back there with Dr McCloskey who would undergo a controversial sex change about a decade later.

I took a night class in Astronomy as an under grad because I wanted to immerse myself in the great unknown in order to create for myself a cosmic view of the universe. Did I mention beautiful Janet James was taking the course with me?
My Astronomy professor would have been a close colleague of the three who were shot on campus in that 1991 rampage.